Hyouka: Thoughts So Far

I like it a lot so far.

It seemed not everything Houtarou figured out was completely pointless, but I like how he figures out these things in almost no time, too.

He should be a detective. xD

Also, there's something about that girl.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of it. This is easily one of my favorites this season.

[quote name='Kagari Izuriha' timestamp='1335325725' post='5924682']
He should be a detective. xD
[/quote]
I just noticed before yesterday when I was reading the third chapter of the light novels, the genre is Mystery. So... he could be.. I guess...

Also, about half of the first episode wasn't in the light novels (it could just be so far, since I haven't read much, but I'm pretty sure it's not in them), while only a single thing in the second episode isn't in the light novels.

Just thought I'd mention that.

They are the same seiyuu, and the two of them are pretty awesome in their own way too, to me at least.

[spoiler=Regarding the mysteries]The first mystery, actually, was obvious, but Chitanda was so interested in finding out what it was. The second wasn't real, Houtarou was too lazy to solve the actual mystery, though he done it anyway after. The third was slightly less obvious, but you would probably have at least went to the art room too, after hearing that the book smelt like paint... and there you have it...[/spoiler] But it's still highly likely to stay intresting enough to me anyway.

[spoiler=Anyone know that]Hyouka means "frozen treats", which is why it seems out of place for an anthology? I saw that in the translator's notes when reading the light novel, though. I didn't actually already know it. :P[/spoiler]Isn't it more about the characters than those small but for some reason interesting (to me) mysteries anyway? Episode 3 was awesome, Houtarou is pro.

That's what it means? Huh.

I think the slow pace is how they're approaching character development, but I'm pretty sure the show's supposed to give focus on a plot judging by its summary in the Spring List. It's matching up with what we've learned this past episode.
Anyway, there are 21 episodes, so there's enough time for development on both ends.

Yup.

Yeah, seems so, we did learn what was on that summary this episode. Enough time for development, should be.

Well, 5 chapters in 3 episodes (all of what I read so far, actually, though only the first volume is translated), and the first volume has 9 chapters. The first chapter is just the letter, though. Also, if they had enough spare time in the first episode to add an extra mystery, surely there would be enough time to adapt it all, right? Yeah, I don't know why I'm asking this.

Though I've gotta say, those first 3 episodes were good at adapting it.

[spoiler=and] according to the whole 33 years ago thing, Hyouka must be set in the year 2000.[/spoiler]

Archived