So, tell me, is Bleach worth watching?

I've always heard positive things about Bleach despite the amount of filler it will inevitably contain but decided that with an episode count that high, it's really not worth me watching it. However one of my friends went out and bought season one and started watching it and then told me to watch it. I've watched the first few episodes (it reminds me heavily of [i]Shakugan no Shana,[/i] I don't know which was released first) and it does seem okay, but the question is do I carry on going for 400+ episodes?

Advice anyone...?

There's an official Bleach thread, and this probably goes there, buuut...

I'd just read the manga and watch the anime for fights you really liked/want to see. That's what I do.

It's not the greatest anime at all, and it has a huge ass middle section that drags on for freaking ever, but it's not terrible.

I'd say give it a read if shonen is your thing, if only to give you an idea of what used to be in the top 3.

EDIT: And the anime has a lot of annoyign filler @_@

This anime has a lot of great fights and the sequences and back stories of characters are very deep and beautiful. Quality is meh, and as Black-kun stated, there are annoying fillers, and the plot structure and such is a little messed up. Although it's not that great as many other animes, it is great to watch if you like Action. But I'd recommend reading the manga first. Way better than the anime.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1334617833' post='5916028']
There's an official Bleach thread, and this probably goes there, buuut...
[/quote]

I can't believe I missed it... feel free to merge this if you want!

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1334617833' post='5916028']
I'd just read the manga and watch the anime for fights you really liked/want to see. That's what I do.

It's not the greatest anime at all, and it has a huge ass middle section that drags on for freaking ever, but it's not terrible.

I'd say give it a read if shonen is your thing, if only to give you an idea of what used to be in the top 3.

EDIT: And the anime has a lot of annoyign filler @_@
[/quote]
[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1334618418' post='5916045']
This anime has a lot of great fights and the sequences and back stories of characters are very deep and beautiful. Quality is meh, and as Black-kun stated, there are annoying fillers, and the plot structure and such is a little messed up. Although it's not that great as many other animes, it is great to watch if you like Action. But I'd recommend reading the manga first. Way better than the anime.
[/quote]

Seems like it might be worth picking up the manga rather than spending what will eventually be half of my life on watching the anime thenn, haha. Thanks guys! :)

I followed it until an episode where...

[spoiler=Spoiler]
...the hero confronts a rival while saving his friend, but then hero's partner stops the fight, grabs the hero, ignoring the person they were trying to save because shonen anime and logic don't mix, and tells rival hero will be back in 3 days after training. I felt blue-balled. Then, they dragged it out several episodes, and by the time the fight happens, I said "done." I tried watching after that, but didn't see a point.
[/spoiler]

I think you've got a good enough response, and you can find the main thread [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/100726-official-bleach-discussion-thread/]here[/url].

My advice? I like the series and I think it's worth watching, but you're better off either watching the DVDs or marathoning the episodes online every so often when you have plenty of time.

Archived