Not sure if this thread is legal. If not, lock this. [Any good Dark anime?]

My favorite anime are Evangelion, Future Diary, Higurashi, Death Note, Another, Hell Girl, Dark Signers arc of 5D's, etc. Meaning, I overall like dark anime.

Now that the wonderful Another and Future Diary are coming to an end, I'm in desparate need of something else to watch.

I'm going to watch Elfen Lied and Code Geass - I've already made my decision on those.
I also wanna ask if Rozen Maiden and Darker Than Black are the kind of anime I'd like. School Days seems nice too. I'd prefer if the anime you're recommending is 26 or under eps, but it's fine as long as it's not as long as Naruto.

If you give a very brief introduction to it, it's even better.

Rep to good stuff.

Darker than Black is very srs and I has some grimdark moments and a ton of bloody action, but is equally as goofy and lighthearted.

School Days is terrible from what I've heard. The ending the only thing even half-way notable. The rest is just the main character banging every piece of harem moe blob within a few square miles.

Darker than Black is about this guy who is essentially Japanese Electric Batman. He's part of a group of people called Contractors who have superpowers but are killing machines with no conscience. There is also a main character that is a cat. It is kewl beans.

Well... School Days. It's really not worth watching, but if you want to hate someone...

Really for that show, you wont be able to get through it unless you're A.) A terrible person, or B.) Know the ending already. That show will make you hate the characters, which is why the ending is notable.

Code Geass is amazing.

Hm... wait, you're Japanese, and I'm supposed to tell you what anime to watch...? D8

Well... Akira, Paranoia Agent, half if not technically all of Cowboy Bebop. Um, those three have to be the top 3 anime (movie or series) that I've ever seen, so yeah.

I could also give notable mention to something like Kiba, but I suppose that anime has its place. Check that one out, but if you don't like where it's going after say... 3-4 episodes, then maybe don't watch it. Then again, the last few episodes were just great...

Oh, I should also give mention to [i]Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed[/i], which is about exactly what it sounds like. A girl delivers letters from those who are dead to a living person. These letters are usually pure emotion, sometimes the last will of the deceased.

It's written by the person who wrote Code Geass, and for an anime with not too much action, the parts that do are absolutely spectacular and the story itself, either in bits and pieces or as a grand narrative is exceedingly well written.

I second every suggestion mentioned as well as throwing in Guilty Crown. The show is [i]kind of [/i]post-apocalyptic, but that doesn't really hit home until the latter half of the anime (22 eps total). But there are a lot of fights between terrorists and it explores themes such as betrayal, sacrifice, and the hardships that come with being shunned and being a leader. Aside from a bit of a rushed ending, I thought the anime overall was solid.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Laskeri - Unmei no Senshi' timestamp='1333415383' post='5899580']
>Fangirl
>Has some weird-ass boy band as her sig
>LOL

OT: Deadman Wonderland does a pretty good job of being go....
Oh. Just remembered one:
Boogiepop Phantom.
[/quote]

Hey! Why so mean to me?! +-+

I heard Monster is very good and significantly dark, though it has many episodes and it may not fit exactly what you're looking for.

Rozen Maiden is actually not [i]that [/i]dark. The second opening is macabre, but it's still one of my favorite anime.

I'd recommend Gosick just because it's my favorite anime, though.

Archived