Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

So basically this game has trophy support. Awesome.

And dang, you guys are making fast progress. I've been too busy with school and work.

My team so far is

Snivy
Purrloin
Magnemite
Psyduck

Still need to train the second two.
[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349754788' post='6040728']
I agree with this completely.
For some reason, I'm really OCD about having a hierarchy on my team:
• Tier 1: Starter - 2 Levels higher than Tier 2 Pokemon
• Tier 2: 3 Pokemon - 2 Levels higher than Tier 3 Pokemon
• Tier 3: 2 Pokemon

So in W2, my team when I beat the Elite 4 was:
Braviary Lv.61
Espeon Lv.61
Lucario Lv.63
Arcanine Lv.63
Haxorus Lv.63
Samurott Lv.65

And my team at this point is:
Braviary Lv.76
Espeon Lv.76
Lucario Lv.78
Arcanine Lv.78
Haxorus Lv.78
Samurott Lv.80

And my team alternates are:
Tyranitar, Mienshao, Kingdra, Leafeon, Glaceon, Lilligant, Roserade, Kingdra and Hydreigon all at Lv.70
[/quote]

Just... how?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Comrade TentaSparkle' timestamp='1349756898' post='6040743']
Just... how?
[/quote]
It's not hard considering I've been doing it for months - that was in my 2nd Japanese W2 run :P

As for my English one - I've caught 12 Riolus so far; still looking for one with either a Naive, Hasty, Mild, or Rash nature with Inner Focus as an ability. But I have midterms this week, so I'll probably get back to that later.

F*ck you, Zextra.

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349754788' post='6040728']
I agree with this completely.
For some reason, I'm really OCD about having a hierarchy on my team
[/quote]It's because we always see it in the game. Every Gym Leader, Elite 4 Member and Rival has a hierarchy to their teams.

NEW STUFF:

I LOVE the dropped item event. The idea of throwing a romantic relationship, however mild it is, in a Pokémon game, is f*cking brilliant... I like stories. Though it only goes to where you can date them a few times. Either way, I like it.

For those who don't know, there's an AWESOME new function with Repels. When one repel runs out, the game IMMEDIATELY asks if you'd like to activate another one. It's ingenious and really saves me time.

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349757670' post='6040747']
It's not hard considering I've been doing it for months - that was in my 2nd Japanese W2 run :P

As for my English one - I've caught 12 Riolus so far; still looking for one with either a Naive, Hasty, Mild, or Rash nature with Inner Focus as an ability. But I have midterms this week, so I'll probably get back to that later.
[/quote]

Ah, Japanese.

That makes more sense.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1349759325' post='6040751']
F*ck you, Zextra.
[/quote]
Aww, Agwo being mean :(

It's because we always see it in the game. Every Gym Leader, Elite 4 Member and Rival has a hierarchy to their teams.
[/quote]
In a sense, this is correct; having so much exposure to NPC teams does indeed effect my judgment. However, there are a lot of really stupid, random, and minuscule things that would upset me, such as:
• if any Pokemon but my starter has the highest level on my team
• if the difference between levels of any two Pokemon on my team is 1
• if there's less than or more than 2 levels in the team hierarchy.

For those who don't know, there's an AWESOME new function with Repels. When one repel runs out, the game IMMEDIATELY asks if you'd like to activate another one. It's ingenious and really saves me time.
[/quote]
Yes, that was amazing...

On another note, my current team is:
• Dewott Lv.17

...and I haven't even fought my rival for the 2nd time yet in the ranch... :/

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1349764571' post='6040785']
Can we all agree that B2/W2 is likely the best Pokemon Game ever?
Srsly, it has so many good qualities about it O,o
[/quote]Until the next one comes out.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1349764571' post='6040785']
Can we all agree that B2/W2 is likely the best Pokemon Game ever?
Srsly, it has so many good qualities about it O,o
[/quote]
And now I feel bad for being hyped for it and for not owning it yet (I will at least have my copy later today).

But yea, the 3rd version is always better than the first two, but to see it be this much better is interesting. What makes it so much better?

The one thing that happens to me alot during playthroughs, like my White, Diamond and Leaf Green is that I tend to use more than 6 pokemon throughout the journey.
Although I decided on my final 6 before the Victory Road on LG, before the E4 on Diamond, and on White I had my 6 for the E4, but I still used more than 6 pokemon-post game.

Another thing I'm tempted to do is trade over a Bidoof from White and use it as a HM slave.

Dream Radar is a little frustrating. I can't figure out how to get pokemon other than the beginning pokemon available. I've gotten about 9 riolus, 4 munnas, 5 swablus, 4 igglybuffs, 2 shuckles, 3 drifloons, um... Yeah. Serebii says I should be able to catch a whole lot more, I can't figure out how... o.O

Anyway, about to challenge Clay. Is it just me, or is this game a little harder than B/W?

I'm glad they ditched the whole WPA/WEP compatibility issues, drove me mad having to change my internet over all the time.
I was working on planning on my team, but quickly decided screw it, I will play with whatever I want....and that means I SHALL have a Houndoom, provided I can bare to part Diamond with one it's 5 Houndoom's for long enough to breed.

Progress update because I remembered Agro contemplating a Trapinch and I am the hipster who ditched their starter.

Currently right before Elesa's gym.

Psyduck level 23
Elekid level 22
Trubbish level 23
Trapinch level 21

Look at that. No Growlithe or Riolu makes me special. I might even use Druddigon over Haxorus. Word.

But seriously, Flygon is because I've never actually played through a Pokemon game with a dragon in my party and Flygon is way cooler than some dumb pseudo-legendary.
Psyduck with Cloud Nine is so amazing and Golduck has fantastic coverage.
Elekid because I'm scared of Magnemite's double weakness to ground and the other weaknesses I actually hate using steel-types for.
Trubbish because I noticed nobody ever uses it even though it can actually tank well thanks to its typing. I don't really care about the weakness to ground, despite Elekid.

I don't know what else to get that will make me a hipster.

Just started playing the game now. Just got to Virbank City with Dewott on Lv 19. Besides Riolu(I'm not training until I'm able to breed, because the best nature I managed to get was Impish in over an hour of trying to catch them) the pokemon along the way has been garbage(I want a Starly, not a f***ing Pidove). Magnemite seems to be the best option going forward now. Thinking of just giving it Evolite when I get it, and start hitting things with a 120 SPA after it evolves, and Steel typing never hurts this early in the game.

First, I don't like B2W2 as much as I should. It's still a good game, but I hate the distribution of the Pokémon and some of their choices for early vs. lategame. (For instance, Swablu could've definitely benefitted from appearing earlier on instead of after the sixth gym.) Second, Magnemite's Sonicboom absolutely murders everything in the early game. 20 points unresisted damage against everything in a game where most things are 40 or under is beautiful. Third, having just beaten Burgh, my team. Planning on wandering around Castelia Park now to get an Eevee ([b]EDIT:[/b] done!), and then dumping Lucario at some point. Also debating between dumping Swadloon in hopes of getting a female Combee.

Magnemite lv. 18
Lucario lv. 18
Dewott lv. 19
Eevee lv. 19
Swadloon lv. 20

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349761524' post='6040770']
• if the difference between levels of any two Pokemon on my team is 1
[/quote]
That's something that I like because I can't always have my Pokemon the same level when I try to keep it that way. I freaked out a bit when Servine was Lv20 and Purrlion was Lv18.

About Trubish... I wasn't going to, but I already planned out my team, I don't really care if it's a good one or not, but Trubbish isn't in it (I'm guessing it's not just it's appearance that make some people not choose it). That said, I liked training it before so maybe after the E4 again.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1349793578' post='6040948']
First, I don't like B2W2 as much as I should. It's still a good game, but I hate the distribution of the Pokémon and some of their choices for early vs. lategame. (For instance, Swablu could've definitely benefitted from appearing earlier on instead of after the sixth gym.) Second, Magnemite's Sonicboom absolutely murders everything in the early game. 20 points unresisted damage against everything in a game where most things are 40 or under is beautiful. Third, having just beaten Burgh, my team. Planning on wandering around Castelia Park now to get an Eevee, and then dumping Lucario at some point. Also debating between dumping Swadloon in hopes of getting a female Combee.

Magnemite lv. 18
Lucario lv. 18
Dewott lv. 19
Swadloon lv. 20
[/quote]You see, that is a reason I didn't get a Magnemite. For a while at least, it's just too easy. Did that with Buizel once or twice. Granted, one of them was a hack where it was found at Lv. 4.

I try to keep my team within a level of each other, except (4th attempt at spelling that word...)if I'm training for evolution, after that I'll pull them back.

I'm always tempted once I can trade, to trade my team to another game to let it do the training for a while lol....

Hoping if it turns up Thurs (if Amazon are nice) I might get a few hours play on Friday between College and Work.

[quote name='Black Scar' timestamp='1349805721' post='6041046']
Am i the only one utterly enthralled with the habit function? Im addicted to filling it out for each place i can...
[/quote]It's like it is (successfully) trying to occupy me with catching all the Pokemon even though it doesn't really give me anything like Prof. Oak's Aides do.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1349808193' post='6041074']
So since the bridge in Burgh's city is being inspected, I'm now randomly wandering through the Desert Oasis.
...Why I have, apparently, forgotten where to go, is beyond me.
Though, to be fair, I had trouble at this point in Black 1 as well >__>
[/quote]

Head into the sewers yet mate?

I'm at Skyla's place.

38 Samurott
37 Gothorita
37 Heracross
37 Ampharos
37 Lucario
5 Sigilyph

I've noticed that less and less pokemon from the first 4 gens are appearing... In the beginning it was abundant. But in route 6/7, almost everything is gen 5. I could just be getting unlucky. It happens.

Anyway, I'm pleased at the difficulty increase, it's making it more fun. :D

I don't know if I'll pick up a 6th team member, or keep a fly slave. It's really annoying having to go to the PC anytime you want to fly.

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1349815450' post='6041149']
Anyway, I'm pleased at the difficulty increase, it's making it more fun. :D

I don't know if I'll pick up a 6th team member, or keep a fly slave. It's really annoying having to go to the PC anytime you want to fly.
[/quote]
Yeah, the original BW was disappointing due to how easy it was...

As for your 6th team member, you should use someone who can be used both in battle and as a Fly slave (Flygon, perhaps).

Archived