Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1349649672' post='6039870']
So I'm in the desert now.
I remembered that Emboar is a fighting so I immediately dumped him.
I was able to nab an Eevee AND a Riolu, so that was great. Currently trying to do the same with a Trapinch while training up my team to compete with Elesa.
Currently my strongest pokemon is Rukario at Level 27
Also have Eevee at Level 22
Darumaka at Level 16 (which will eventually be replaced with a different FIRE-type)
Crocoroc (er... Sandile) at Level 18
And Elekid (Kid Shock) at Level 17
So yeah, the majority of my team is extremely underleveled because of my indecisiveness.
[/quote]
I used Espeon in my last W2 run so I'll refrain from using an Eeveelution this time. As for you, have you decided on a flying-type yet? Unless you plan to teach Fly to a Flygon.
But if not, you should pick up the Braviary in the desert (though I think it's only on Mondays) - assuming you're playing W2. B2 has a Mandibuzz, but that kinda sucks :/

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349649908' post='6039874']
I used Espeon in my last W2 run so I'll refrain from using an Eeveelution this time. As for you, have you decided on a flying-type yet? Unless you plan to teach Fly to a Flygon.
But if not, you should pick up the Braviary in the desert (though I think it's only on Mondays) - assuming you're playing W2. B2 has a Mandibuzz, but that kinda sucks :/
[/quote]f*** Flying Pokémon

I never use them for battling purposes.

But I will eventually get Gligar.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1349650020' post='6039876']
f*** Flying Pokémon
I never use them for battling purposes.
But I will eventually get Gligar.
[/quote]
Yet Gligar is a Flying-type too...
But on a more serious note, you won't be able to get Gligar until long after you get Fly...have any slaves in mind to use until then?

First day of playing report! Just beat Roxie, and my team is currently:

Oshawott (lv. 16)
Magnemite (lv. 16) [i]- has Magnet Pull, so considering catching one with Sturdy and releasing this one[/i]
Sewaddle (lv. 14)
Riolu (lv. 14) [i]- not keeping[/i]

Taking a break to plan. I think I might evolve Magnemite into Magneton and keep it that way with Eviolite, but I don't know about the other two. ;3;

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349650233' post='6039877']
Yet Gligar is a Flying-type too...
But on a more serious note, you won't be able to get Gligar until long after you get Fly...have any slaves in mind to use until then?
[/quote]Sigilyph. Because I f*cking hate Sigilyph.

So instead of playing fast like Platinum and to a point HG, for the first day I beat Cheren with Snivy lv. 14 and Purrlion lv. 13. I'm not sure if I should have trained some more but I wasn't getting very much exp. for beating wild Pokemon and I'm quite tired.

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349664425' post='6040047']
I saw that you said you didn't have a water-type decided. You already have Elekid - why not use Vaporeon? :P
[/quote]Because elekid annoys me. It's attack types don't match up with its Atk stats. Ima just get a spheal when I get that far. I find that Walrein never loses... I CAN get a Spheal when I get there... right?

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1349666558' post='6040059']
22 Tornadus - T
[/quote]chet

And is there anyone here who is NOT going to get a Riolu right off the bat?

Is there anyone other than me that abandoned their starter in a box?

Sometimes I wish I'd never learned about natures - it shouldn't matter in-game, but I just feel really, really, really uncomfortable if I get any Pokemon with a nature that's not appealing to me...which is why I can't wait until I can pick up something with Synchronize...
Therefore, with the early-game, I always prepare a couple of hours to get Riolu... -_-

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1349667585' post='6040069']
Because elekid annoys me. It's attack types don't match up with its Atk stats. Ima just get a spheal when I get that far. I find that Walrein never loses... I CAN get a Spheal when I get there... right?

chet

And is there anyone here who is NOT going to get a Riolu right off the bat?

Is there anyone other than me that abandoned their starter in a box?
[/quote]

Nope. No cheating involved. It's called "Pokemon Dream Radar". Look it up sometime. :P

[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349667970' post='6040074']
Sometimes I wish I'd never learned about natures - it shouldn't matter in-game, but I just feel really, really, really uncomfortable if I get any Pokemon with a nature that's not appealing to me...which is why I can't wait until I can pick up something with Synchronize...
Therefore, with the early-game, I always prepare a couple of hours to get Riolu... -_-
[/quote]

Same here. I used to do comp. in gen 4, and now I always go for good natures, good iv spreads... It takes a really long time...

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1349668276' post='6040077']
Nope. No cheating involved. It's called "Pokemon Dream Radar". Look it up sometime. :P
[/quote]
I personally despise the idea of using legendarys during a playthrough of a game - to me it takes the thrill out of the game completely.
Same here. I used to do comp. in gen 4, and now I always go for good natures, good iv spreads... It takes a really long time...
[/quote]
Good iv spreads I can't help in-game, since you're most likely never going to get something with 31 ivs in all stats by catching it in the wild. Good ev spreads are also a pain to do in-game (especially in the beginning), since all there is to fight are Patrats and Purrloins, neither of which give Oshawott (in this case) any decent evs...

[/quote]
[quote name='Zextra' timestamp='1349668636' post='6040079']
I personally despise the idea of using legendarys during a playthrough of a game - to me it takes the thrill out of the game completely.
[/quote]Like I said. chet

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1349666558' post='6040059']
LOVE ALL THE OPTIONS THUS FAR! <3[/quote]
This.
Like, just about every Pokemon I've ran into, is either a favorite of mine, or has a great type for that part of the game.
Also, I'm basically having my team be in my Signature, and just updating it when I want to, to show progress n' stuff.
....And because I'm only got 2 gym badges, at this time >__>

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1349677130' post='6040120']
Also, I'm basically having my team be in my Signature, and just updating it when I want to, to show progress n' stuff.
[/quote]You have a Gollet and a Vullaby already?

EDIT:
Guys. The Castelia Cones can be bought by the dozen and the collector still pays 10x for them... money made.

I saw that and thought if I ever get short of money when breeding etc (like I'm starting to on Diamond) I know where I can get quick cash.

I'd only get Riolu off because of Cheren's gym though I could do without, but I'd rather cover all the bases for later.

[quote name='Wattcobra' timestamp='1349701854' post='6040162']
Snivy is by far my favorite of the three, but I've not used him because of it's horrible coverage... I dislike pokemon who learn minimal coverage moves. :(
[/quote]
Not to mention his extremely mediocre stats... :/

Archived