Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1349128038' post='6035902']
I think I'll name mine Nathaniel. I really like that name, and Nate can be short for it, so it works out that I usually name my character what their actual names are.
[/quote]
[img]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/1/16/Butler.jpg[/img]
?
[img]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/9/9c/Nathaniel.png[/img]
?
Pretty darn hyped by now.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People don't normally name their rivals after themselves? Weird.

Still haven't decided on a team in the slightest... maybe this will be the first pokemon game since R/S/E where I go in blind.

I don't even know what old pokemon are in the game and where they show up.

I've looked at some of the Pokemon you can get and I definitely plan on using a Mareep. I most likely won't be using the starter, since I'm getting tired of using one every time, but I'll see whether I want to when the time comes.

As for names, I usually name the player either my name or some anime character's name, never anything random off the top of my head.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1349311887' post='6037379']
Really? I think that if I wanted to do that I'd restart Black or something. I at least am trying to keep a 3-3 split between old and new Pokemon, though.
[/quote]
See, thats how I feel about the old pokemon. If I want to use them I can just go back and play those game. I only used 6 pokemon when I played Black and their are others I still want to use. Plus if I use old pokemon I know I'll just use pokemon I use all the time since while I might not play the story many times I spend/spent a lot of time thinking of competitive teams

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1349318972' post='6037436']
See, thats how I feel about the old pokemon. If I want to use them I can just go back and play those game. I only used 6 pokemon when I played Black and their are others I still want to use. Plus if I use old pokemon I know I'll just use pokemon I use all the time since while I might not play the story many times I spend/spent a lot of time thinking of competitive teams
[/quote]

I guess it all depends. Me personally, I plan teams by visuals, and I hate the way a lot of the Gen 5 Pokémon look. Some of those that I do care for are ones that have craptastic battle potential (loved Emolga, hate its battle potential), which leaves a rather slim pool. Plus, a lot of the ones that I want to use from any generation are available in the later part of the game (like after Skyla) and I'm against trading eggs over or waiting a long time. So, yeah. Junk justification, but ignoring the choices before me seems lame.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1349322438' post='6037465']
I guess it all depends. Me personally, I plan teams by visuals, and I hate the way a lot of the Gen 5 Pokémon look. Some of those that I do care for are ones that have craptastic battle potential (loved Emolga, hate its battle potential), which leaves a rather slim pool. Plus, a lot of the ones that I want to use from any generation are available in the later part of the game (like after Skyla) and I'm against trading eggs over or waiting a long time. So, yeah. Junk justification, but ignoring the choices before me seems lame.
[/quote]
For the life of me I don't understand why people don't like the 5th gen pokemon. In terms of designs it has the largest percentage of my favorites (it still is less than 30% and only beats 4th gen by a few points) and I only a few that I don't really like. Also, the reason I can only use 5th gen pokemon is I don't care at all about waiting to get more pokemon for my team. In Black for example I had 2 pokemon going into the 2nd gym and 2 going into the 5th. It was between the 6th and the 7th gyms that I was able to get my last 4. (For reference my team was Water Stater, Mole, Spider, Chandler, Ax Head, Weasel). Same thing is going to happen in 2, but I don't care. Its a little more fun for me since it makes things a little harder.

Also another reason I want only 5th gen is because I can't remember the life of most of them and that makes me unhappy.

With regards to nicknames for Pokemon~
I always name them to be a reference of something, OR, I just give them an appropriate name.
For example, My Galvantual(w/e) is named Web Spider-
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060628183621/megaman/images/5/5f/Wspidersprite.png[/img]
For pretty obvious reasons.

[quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1349370048' post='6037641']
I heard on Serebii that the Genesect to be distributed over WIFI from launch to November 12th will have the same moves as its japanese counterpart but it wil be.........Level 15 instead of level 50...the hell?
[/quote]Cool, I really like to train my legendaries that much.

Well, this time that might be true because at least I'll get Genesect, I can't get Keldeo because I lost my Black. ;~;

[s]I'll name it Awesome, and I usually don't name my Pokemon.[/s] I'll think of a better name. Maybe.

[quote name='Riki Naoe' timestamp='1349375503' post='6037711']
Cool, I really like to train my legendaries that much.

Well, this time that might be true because at least I'll get Genesect,[b] I can't get Keldeo because I lost my Black. ;~;[/b]

[s]I'll name it Awesome, and I usually don't name my Pokemon.[/s] I'll think of a better name. Maybe.
[/quote]

All my feels ;_;

Just 3 days away now, !##% i wish it would come faster.

I want to try using some old pokemon but 5th gen pokemon are so bro-tier. I gotta have my Gigalith again.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1349326332' post='6037504']
For the life of me I don't understand why people don't like the 5th gen pokemon.
[/quote]

Personal opinion? IMHO I like the simpler designs that the earlier-gen Pokemon had. New ones seem too intricate. There are some that I like, but a good portion are just too stylized.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1349376182' post='6037715']
I freaking love Gigalith.
[/quote]

BROFIST

The moment i saw that thing when b/w spoilers were revealed, i wanted it on my team. I didn't care how, i didn't care if it sucked, it looked hella boss, and it came through and wrecked !@#$ for me. <333 that thing.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1349376232' post='6037716']
Personal opinion? IMHO I like the simpler designs that the earlier-gen Pokemon had. New ones seem too intricate. There are some that I like, but a good portion are just too stylized.
[/quote]Exactly. This is why I understand when somebody says that most just suck. I like most of them though. Most of all Pokemon.

[quote name='Black Scar' timestamp='1349376275' post='6037717']
BROFIST

The moment i saw that thing when b/w spoilers were revealed, i wanted it on my team. I didn't care how, i didn't care if it sucked, it looked hella boss, and it came through and wrecked !@#$ for me. <333 that thing.
[/quote]I had it on my Black team too, it was so good. ;~;

I'm pretty sure I didn't see it before though, just after I caught Roggenrolla and evolved it I thought about checking how it evolves again and of course I thought right.

Archived