Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Simon Belmont' timestamp='1336932495' post='5938708']
Trusting CoroCoro? I thought you people were [i]intelligent[/i].
Remember when the male character from R/S/E was supposed to be in HG/SS? Yeah, that was CoroCoro.
[/quote]
CoroCoro has mostly been a trustworthy source of info, and for the most part, i think many people were intelligent enough to think that Brendan not being in HGSS

[quote name='Simon Belmont' timestamp='1337015019' post='5939140']
Aggro, ever tried to catch Mewtwo WITHOUT a masterball?
[/quote]What, no one else does that? It's not that hard.

I'd use the Master Ball on:
Suicune
Entei
Raikou
Latios
Latias
Thunderus
whateverurus
Mesprite
Lunar curve thing

Anything else gets an Ultra Ball. Unless of course I have a ridiculous amount of Master Balls transferred over from other games, which I actually have done a lot, so sometimes I'll use it on Heatran or Rayquaza.

I'd never try to catch Mewtwo with a Master Ball. I'm pretty sure I did a long time ago, but it's definitely possible without it.

I'd mostly use it on those Pokemon that flee... and mostly use Ultra Balls and with certain ones it's now slightly easier with Dusk Balls sometimes.

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1337028204' post='5939302']
Cresselia
[/quote]That was the one out of the two that I slightly remembered without looking up. =o

I think I've only used the Master Ball on Cresselia and the roaming Lati from Emerald. For everything else, there are Timer Balls, Dusk Balls, Net Balls for Water-Types... I caught Reshiram in a Premier Ball in Black, and Zekrom in a Luxury Ball in White.

Anyway, those new formes for the Djinn(whatever) trio are going to screw with competitive tiers when B2/W2 gets released...

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1336935223' post='5938744']
So am I gonna be the only one freakin out over Mecha Tyranitar?
Even if it's obviously going to be in a movie.
Even if it's a Godzilla rip-off of sorts.
Does it matter, though?
It's a f*cking MECHA TYRANITAR!
[/quote]
I KNOW!! IT!! IS!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!

[quote name='Simon Belmont' timestamp='1337015019' post='5939140']
Aggro, ever tried to catch Mewtwo WITHOUT a masterball?
[/quote]
Please, going after running pokemon is to much of a pain so I never even use the Masterball.

[quote name='Aggro' timestamp='1337028204' post='5939302']
Anything else gets an Ultra Ball. Unless of course I have a ridiculous amount of Master Balls transferred over from other games, which I actually have done a lot, so sometimes I'll use it on Heatran or Rayquaza.
[/quote]
Why no Duck Ball?

Fake Edit: I mean Dusk, but I don't have it in me to fix that mistake.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1336937751' post='5938786']
I never really enjoyed many of the legendaries, hate being forced to capture Zekrom/Reshiram straight off the bat which meant I never got to use the masterball on Kyurem. Didn't really bother with Tornadus, etc.
[/quote]

You do know that [i]Ditto [/i]have a lower capture rate than the Tao twins, right?

Reshiram/Zekrom have a 17.6% basic catch rate. At full health, that's reduced to 5.6. That means, on average, it would take 18 pokeballs thrown while it's at full health to capture it; accounting for getting him down to the red, you could get that down to about 6 balls needed on average. Pokeballs, that is.

If you're using Ultraballs, double all those percentages. It would be a one-in-three chance of capture if he was in the red and you were using a ball of really any sort of strength.

(For the record, the chance of catching them first-turn using a Quick Ball is 70.4%.)

Really, the developers went to a lot of trouble to make catching your dragon as painless as possible (and fit it into the story, even; N mentions your dragon [i]wants [/i]to be caught). Quite a bit better than the shenanigans pulled in Ruby/Sapphire, anyway.

(For the record, the base capture rate of most legendaries is 1.2%. Yeah.)

I usually use the Masterball because I really don't think I need it anyway.

I mean, my friend has caught a Lugia with just a Quick Ball. That alone says 'Hey, Legendaries aren't that hard to get'

I'm rather excited for BW2, since its coming out nice and quickly. And I need it so I can store my BW pokes and replay White with a Tepig like I was going to originally. Until my sister hijacked it, of course >.<

The new forms are pretty cool, though the... green one... He scares me because he has creepy wings and a creepy hairdo and it just creeps me out for no reason. I'm not going to bother getting a 3DS so I can catch that thing >.<

Mecha Tyranitar?
Yes.
Hell yes.
Hell.
Mother.
F*cking.
YES

The only time I remember even wanting to use a Master Ball was back when I was 10 or something playing Sapphire. I was going to just throw a Master Ball at Kyogre on the first turn and be done with it, but I accidentally threw a Great Ball and caught it anyways.

I'm lazy what can I say.

Plus I don't feel inspired enough in BW to do so (3 play throughs and I'm fed up of it), maybe this time I will. I should get a good 3 play throughs for this before I get really bored.

[quote name='Cacophony' timestamp='1337063395' post='5939712']
I mean, my friend has caught a Lugia with just a Quick Ball. That alone says 'Hey, Legendaries aren't that hard to get'[/quote]

Quick ball first-turn on Lugia is a 4.6% chance. Actually capturing it like that says nothing except that your friend was pretty lucky that one time.

Granted, most legendaries [i]aren't [/i]hard to get so long as you have a good wall and a metric ton of various balls.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1337064432' post='5939720']
The only time I remember even wanting to use a Master Ball was back when I was 10 or something playing Sapphire. I was going to just throw a Master Ball at Kyogre on the first turn and be done with it, but I accidentally threw a Great Ball and caught it anyways.
[/quote]
Nothing will beat the time I used the Master Ball on one of the pokemon in that burnt down house on Cinnabar Island. It was either a Koffing or Ponyta.

Brycen is apparently related to Pokemon Hollywood in some way. Not sure about the others, though I can't imagine they'll be gone; Clay, Elesa and Skyla are all pretty popular among Japanese and Western fans alike.

Something tells me that between the Elite Four, the old Gym Leaders and the new ones, we'll see a representative of all 16 types somewhere in Unova.

[quote name='Hydra of Clocks' timestamp='1337128818' post='5940182']
Brycen is apparently related to Pokemon Hollywood in some way. Not sure about the others, though I can't imagine they'll be gone; Clay, Elesa and Skyla are all pretty popular among Japanese and Western fans alike.

Something tells me that between the Elite Four, the old Gym Leaders and the new ones, we'll see a representative of all 16 types somewhere in Unova.
[/quote]
But remember, no Dark gyms.

With the new water Gym Leader and Cheren as the Normal Gym Leader, I wonder what will happen to Cilan, Chili, Cress, and Lenora.

Caitlin is the only E4 member I found interesting mostly because of how she was a Frontier Brain previously.

Archived