Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1335887579' post='5930167']
I only mentioned that because of how quickly they are to give bits and pieces of information, yet BW2 info is coming out in a tiny drips.
[/quote]

That probably because Gen 5 came out quicker than any Gen before.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1335903858' post='5930332']
I for one certainly didn't expect a full-blown sequel this quickly.
[/quote]
From a programmer's perspective, it wouldn't be that hard to slap together a sequel in this amount of time. It's the exact same engine after all.

Basically, they're just making new maps, some new characters and graphcics and maybe adding some mini-games.

Well the extra coding for any new attacks, animations, sprites, etc. Coding isn't necessarily easy seeing how hard the team behind DragonFable work for what segments they do (on Flash) and this is a more full on extensive game.

I can't wait to see why Kyurem has fused with Zekrom/Reshiram, and what happened to the Dragon N left with (Since they've changed the legendaries over.) We have a long way to go for information since it's 1 month 19/20 days until the Japanese release. (23rd June)

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1336075200' post='5931844']
Well the extra coding for any new attacks, animations, sprites, etc. Coding isn't necessarily easy seeing how hard the team behind DragonFable work for what segments they do (on Flash) and this is a more full on extensive game.
[/quote]

Assuming they've built an effecient game-engine, you wouldn't really need to add any extra code for animations or sprites, and I'm fairly sure there won't be any new attacks due to compatibility. But they did have over a year to do this with a team of super-smart Asians and a budget bigger than our brains can comprehend.

Coding's not easy, no, but improving an engine to make a sequel is significantly easier than making a game from scratch.

Just the fact they only need to create a handfull of new pokemon (Kyurem's new forms, possibly new forms of some other legendaries) would speed up production by a landslide. They'll likely be able to reuse at least half of the art assets as well, and I highly doubt they're going to change the engine used for battles. Really, the only things they had to make new for this release were the mappings for the new areas, whatever art they need for the new places (or updated old ones), the music score, the script, and whatever other small goodies they'll toss in while they're at it.

I'm honestly shocked they've never thought of this before, it can't be even a fourth of the work even the RSE remakes would take, and they can bill it as a totally new game.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1336075200' post='5931844']
I can't wait to see why Kyurem has fused with Zekrom/Reshiram, and what happened to the Dragon N left with (Since they've changed the legendaries over.)
[/quote]

Well, here is what I hypothesize:

From what little I can tell about Kyurem in B/W, Kyurem is/was an incredibly destructive force that fed upon people and Pokemon alike. With Reshiram and Zekrom separating from Kyurem, Kyurem's power diminished, allowing it to be sealed into a meteor at Giant Chasm. Now, considering that the game is assuming the Protagonist from B/W didn't catch Kyurem, Kyurem bore an omen of bad disasters (hence, why Absols were around the Giant Chasm). When N released his Dragon to Unova (His intentions were probably to restore the balance disturbed in the Unova Region), the Dragon was spotted by Kyurem. Then, we can assume that Kyurem shot down the dragon and absorbed its life force, combining itself with the Dragon. With part of Kyurem's power restored, it froze over a large part of the Unova Region, trying to look for the other Dragon so that it can reach full power once again. This would explain Kyurem's appearance appears fused and how Kyurem escaped from the Giant Chasm.

I could be horribly wrong...

Sounds viable.

I'll add in that the new Akumora's true intentions are to capture Kyurem and harness his power to do something cliché like take over the world or something. Those members from whatever Team we've seen are most likely related to the new Prof.

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1336090332' post='5932061']
But then there would be no compatibility between it and the other Gen V games, ruining everything.
[/quote]

Unless if they, you know, pulled connections from the DS to the 3DS. They can do that you know, like how you can connect with people playing DS games while you have a 3DS.

[quote name='Wave_Sine' timestamp='1336095284' post='5932132']
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? That spanned the 'gap' between the GBA and the DS.

Anyway, looking forward to this.
[/quote]
Yes, but that was a spinoff, it didn't need to trade or battle the main games directly. They should probably release a couple Mystery Dungeon/Ranger games for the 3DS, then as I said, put the R/S remakes in Gen VI.

DS games are fully compatible with the 3DS.

Gameboy advanced games were still produced almost two full years after the DS came out. Considering the DS' popularity eclipsed that of the GBA, I think it's reasonable to assume we're not going to go cold-turkey 3DS for quite a while.

Honestly, I think Nintendo isn't entirely convinced the 3DS is the way to go yet. They're still testing the waters to see if the things will sell before they're willing to kill off their most profitable system.

Nintendo is a notoriously low-risk company when it comes to change. They're inventive when it comes to system specifications and designs, but they turtle most of their business decisions. Once again, it took them two years to decide the [i]DS[/i] was a profitable enough system that they could discontinue plans for any more Gameboys.

the cover for CoroCoro has been leaked: and there are more new formes (for le cloud trio)
[img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0512/corocoro-june-cover-tornadus-thundurus-landorus-bird-formes.jpg[/img]

and these new formes match the bird-silhouette from last month
[img]http://pokebeach.com/news/0412/pokemon-ar-searcher-1.jpg[/img]

EDIT: [b]unconfirmed info: [/b]Apparently Cheren is going to be a Gym leader, and also Giovanni and Brock will apparently be in BW2

and le new formes of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus can [u]only [/u]be caught in the AR Searcher game and can be transferred to BW2

Archived