Manga Stream

My personal manga stop. I love that they don't archive things and push for people to support the official release. I personally find it fair and thought it would keep them from being as targeted by the companies that own the rights to the various manga. Yea, with SJ Alpha now live Viz thinks it is good to make it harder for people to get the new chapters of the Jump titles, when they release it 3 weeks later and only do a handful of the big ones.

So yea, from what I can tell a fair number of people use Manga Stream for there Jump titles, so thoughts any thoughts on this? Side from what I already said, unless they get the other aggregators to pull there stuff this only serves to piss off/frustrate the fan base.

To be perfectly honest, VIZ did absolutely nothing wrong by chopping them down for their releases a week before the Japanese release, so I cannot be angry.

But, at the same time, Viz's Shonen Jump Alpha should honestly run more series and let people choose which manga they want, along with a quicker speed and a worldwide release, since there's honestly no reason at all for them to take 2 extra weeks when VIZ is [i]owned[/i] by the publishers of Weekly Shonen Jump and Weekly Shonen Sunday. If they want people to stop, offer them a cheap legal alternative for everything that's just as good or better. >___>

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1329076859' post='5812849']
I'm a bit sad by this, but I can still go to Mangareader and Mangafox, so it doesn't really hurt me too much.
[/quote]
I think that is my biggest problem with it. You take down one site, but two BIGGER aggregators were ignored. Only worse since they have whole archives. If they were going to take down Jump titles Manga Stream wouldn't have been my first pick.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1329083554' post='5813063']
I think that is my biggest problem with it. You take down one site, but two BIGGER aggregators were ignored. Only worse since they have whole archives. If they were going to take down Jump titles Manga Stream wouldn't have been my first pick.
[/quote]

The aggregators don't directly compete with Shonen Jump Alpha by releasing HQ translations 3 weeks before them.

I'm just saying that Manga Stream was the fastest and highest quality. Not only has cutting them down given people a reason to go to SJ Alpha if they want HQ scans and translation until another group picks it up, but it was free advertisement.

There are people in areas where you can get SJ Alpha who have apparently only heard of it because they did this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

Damn you capitalist filth!

Do I jump on the bandwagon and get SJ Alpha, or do I try to pirate so I can keep up with the discussion on sites like YCM?

D;

This is just like with OneManga. They take down the good sites but leave the ad-infested ones.

The rationale behind this was the same behind SOPA. Instead of adapting to a more interconnected world, media dinosaurs are trying to drag everyone to follow their outdated business models.

But, yah. I'm disappointed regardless. If Mangafox goes, then as someone who literally can't afford to buy manga, I'll lose hope entirely. ;3;

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1329864759' post='5832036']
The rationale behind his was the same behind SOPA. Instead of adapting to a more interconnected world, media dinosaurs are trying to drag everyone to follow their outdated business models.

But, yah. I'm disappointed regardless. If Mangafox goes, then as someone who literally can't afford to buy manga, I'll lose hope entirely. ;3;
[/quote]
We also have manga reader, so we have a couple of places left. But yea, while some places are adapting to the changing media others are stupidly fighting it. To be fair Jump does have an online version now, but if a bunch of fans can get everything translated in a couple days I see no reason for Alpha to be so far behind.

TBQH, I doubt businesses would mind if it weren't for how:[list=1]
[*]They're making really serious amounts of money from this (IIRC, Mangafox's profits were in the millions).
[*]Their mere existence severely hinders Shonen Jump Alpha, since people hear about it less when you can get it for free (which has been proven in this case by people hearing about SJA for the first time because MangaStream was taken down).
[/list]
No matter your complaints, they come off as selfish in the face of those two things.

Archived