Another

because that's not a confusing title.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-01sAzuY9-b4/Tw8F-ggJ8eI/AAAAAAAACeI/r6aXwthN4y0/s1600/another_anime.jpg[/img]

The only new show I've followed this season so far. Following synopsis unshamefully stolen from the TvTropes page.

"Twenty-six years ago, in a third-year classroom of Yomiyama North Middle School, there was a student named Misaki. As an honors student who was also good at sports, the charming girl was popular with her classmates. When she suddenly died, her classmates decided to carry on as if she were still alive until graduation. Then, in the spring of 1998, a boy named Kouichi Sakakibara transfers to that classroom, and he grows suspicious of the fearful atmosphere in that classroom. In particular, there is an aloof girl with doll-like beauty named Mei Misaki who wears an eyepatch and is always alone drawing pictures."

I'm really liking this horror-mystery show. The atmosphere this show has is amazing. The main spends alot of time never knowing what the f*** is going on. Then there is the Misaki girl who's existence is under scrutiny.

5 eps in and I need more. Can be found Here [url="http://www.crunchyroll.com/another"]http://www.crunchyroll.com/another[/url]

Had a great start but as it progressed, the story became more and more like a Final Destination plot. Soundtrack is brilliant (can't say the same for the theme song since it doesn't fit). Would have been nicer if they used the manga art since its far superior. Will continue to watch this and hopefully it won't make me predict 100% what will happen next ._. . But still its been a while since i've added a horror-psychological-mystery anime.

• 1 month later...

Semi-necro but I suppose it's allowed in this section.

Anyhow, for people who dropped this anime: look at it till at least ep 5. Eps 1 and 2 are basically explanation of the backstory. 3 is where the plot starts to move, 4 is where it develops, and 5 is where it finally becomes clear.

Looked at all current eps, and this show is hella amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Another was really good; it hooked me into watching the whole series in two shots straight, 9 episodes for the second one.
[spoiler=Although I found a few things that weren't believable]
Firstly, how does Mei's glass eye have the ability to see the color of death? It'd make sense if she really did turn out to be a ghost, but the way it's presented, we're supposed to accept the fact just because.
Secondly...why did Mei wait that long to get rid of Reiko? If she really was resolved to kill her, wouldn't she have been rational enough to take care of the problem before any unnecessary deaths?
Thirdly, how is it Koichi and most of the other kids were so freaking calm about some of the later deaths? They heard Teshigawara just killed Kazama and they're just like "...you sure?" instead of "F*CK F*CK, WHAT THE F*CK'S WRONG WITH YOU?" like most people would. You [i]could[/i] say the constant deaths throughout the series desensitized them, but meh.
Finally, why was everyone [i]walking[/i] in the burning building? If a building's on fire, I'm gonna pull a Sonic and dash the f*ck outta there.[/spoiler]

I know that sounded like I had huge problems with Another, but it really was gripping, suspenseful, and a pretty good story to tell.

[quote name='King of Games' timestamp='1333079861' post='5894649']
I know the dead person was properly forshadowed, but ...[spoiler=''major spoiler"]i never caught that Reiko and the assistant teacher were the same person.[/spoiler]
[/quote]
[spoiler=Actually]They used a lot of tricks to stop anyone from realizing that.
For one, while their real voice actors are the same person, they created a fake name for a non-existant voice actor for the credits, and even made a new page for that fake voice actor in the business office's home page (after the final episode, that page was deleted).
And of course, for another (no pun intended), she used different voice tones.
I didn't realize it either.

BTW, this is a completely irrelevant topic, but Mochizuki is special 'cause he's the only major character who didn't kill / think of killing anyone, AND wasn't killed. [/spoiler]

Archived