Add 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Deck to your hand.

Synchronized

[img]http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/1127/3059p.jpg[/img]

[quote]When a monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by a card effect): Banish that monster; Add 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Deck to your hand. You cannot Special Summon during the turn this card is activated.[/quote]

I don't think it's bad, in either sense. Seems balanced to me.

I think it's pretty broken of a card, especially as it's a Quick-Play Spell. You can simply ram your Sangan into some of opponent's monsters, and fetch pretty much any 2 things you want and need from your deck. And the last clause doesn't really hurt that much, especially when you use it on opponent's turn, unless you have a a Reborn Tengu or something. And the banishing part isn't too much of a drawback either, I mean, almost all decks currently play Tour Guide and have access to Leviair. Before you ask, I doubt this can be balanced. You can't make a generic tutor that won't be either horribly broken or completly unplayable.

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1322511947' post='5672579']
I think it's pretty broken of a card, especially as it's a Quick-Play Spell. You can simply ram your Sangan into some of opponent's monsters, and fetch pretty much any 2 things you want and need from your deck. And the last clause doesn't really hurt that much, especially when you use it on opponent's turn, unless you have a a Reborn Tengu or something. And the banishing part isn't too much of a drawback either, I mean, almost all decks currently play Tour Guide and have access to Leviair. Before you ask, I doubt this can be balanced. You can't make a generic tutor that won't be either horribly broken or completly unplayable.
[/quote]

It makes sense, I guess. Would it be any different if it were a Level 3 or lower instead, or non-DARK?

[quote name='Galkin' timestamp='1322513993' post='5672735']
What makes it broken is it has no restrictions besides no special summoning. Should be limited to some kind of monster like tuners and even then its quite powerful.
[/quote]

See above ^.

This card would make games too easy. If you're scared of defeat, you would grab scarecrow, or fader.
Also, it's an easy synchro/xyz setup. You would activate on your opponent's turn, so the drawback is kind of useless.
Imagine if this was unlimited and put into Exodias????
If you wanna keep the idea, it's impossible to make this unbroken. The eff basically gives you the freedom of a sangan anyways. Sorry, but i don't see anyway to fix this. (other than changing it entirely)

[quote name='sgrug4' timestamp='1322519743' post='5672974']
This card would make games too easy. If you're scared of defeat, you would grab scarecrow, or fader.
Also, it's an easy synchro/xyz setup. You would activate on your opponent's turn, so the drawback is kind of useless.
Imagine if this was unlimited and put into Exodias????
If you wanna keep the idea, it's impossible to make this unbroken. The eff basically gives you the freedom of a sangan anyways. Sorry, but i don't see anyway to fix this. (other than changing it entirely)
[/quote]

No one uses Scarecrow, and Fader's definitely not that much of a threat to warrant changing it. Exodia I can understand, but even then, Exodia's supposed to be a fast Deck, and this takes a turn or two to even pull it off.

[quote name='Galkin' timestamp='1322520423' post='5673000']
Sgrug makes a point. The way it is, it would be used for Exodia even if you lowered the level to 1 and even then it gives the benefit of a sangan search, in fact the search is even better than sangan's. That alone means its OP.
[/quote]

See above. ^

[quote name='-Makoto-' timestamp='1322511947' post='5672579']
I think it's pretty broken of a card, especially as it's a Quick-Play Spell. You can simply ram your Sangan into some of opponent's monsters, and fetch pretty much any 2 things you want and need from your deck. And the last clause doesn't really hurt that much, especially when you use it on opponent's turn, unless you have a a Reborn Tengu or something. And the banishing part isn't too much of a drawback either, I mean, almost all decks currently play Tour Guide and have access to Leviair. [b]Before you ask, I doubt this can be balanced.[/b] You can't make a generic tutor that won't be either horribly broken or completly unplayable.
[/quote]

TC could change the card's trigger to when destroyed by battle. Then, change the effect so the tutored monster has to be the same/different Type/Attribute/Level as the destroyed monster. One could argue how broken it is to be able to tutor a Level 8+ monster, but how often will someone who isn't stupid try to destroy a Level 8+ by battle other than if they know they have game?

Archived