YCM Member Brawl 4 (finished, lock)

DL 

It's still a fairer system, you must admit

In fact, it's FAR more fair.

And would have changed the conclusion of some of the matches.

I know I call you "baka," everywhere, but I know you aren't as unfair as to penalize one doing incredibly well at the fault of their peers. This is similar to attaining a ninety-five average in a class but failing because the rest of said class had an average below seventy. It justifies nothing in terms of popularity unless the number of votes according to the team was considered, rather than the current system.

Even then, one on one is more entertaining.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he changes this, it would mess up everything for the first round. If he wants to change it. It is either in the Second Round or not at all for fairness.

I know I said I would shut up about it but it's really getting to me. We had MORE Votes. Doesn't that decided the outcome of mostly everything? The fact the other team won 2-1 is just 1 Factor of it. There should be three decideding factors

1) The 2-1 thing. That's a Point to the Team.

2) Total Votes. Winner gets a Point.

3) If it's 1-1 after this then the Member with the highest Vote Count takes the team through.

I know I call you "baka," everywhere, but I know you aren't as unfair as to penalize one doing incredibly well at the fault of their peers. This is similar to attaining a ninety-five average in a class but failing because the rest of said class had an average below seventy. It justifies nothing in terms of popularity unless the number of votes according to the team was considered, rather than the current system.

Even then, one on one is more entertaining.

Well put. Very well put. I guess the decisions are final and I won't mention it anymore now I promise.

If there was a time for complaints and alterations to the system, it would have been during nominations.

Things are staying the way they are.

Chill, there'll always be another YMB. <-Now there's a scary thought

This is it really in the end.

If you really want to know who the best YCM member is, make a spin off. It doesn't really matter, this is just for fun. I bet no one cared about this crap before it was made. Now that is it made, be chill about it. This entire thing will prove the capability of YCMembers to vote for a single person or the majority of a team, which is better. If you guys give a f***, vote for the entire team, then people wouldn't be cheated. This is a popularity contest, which is now more constructed to the team popularity and not a single person. Right now, it isn't about who wins, but a team. Think of it like 5D's now. 3x3 was the tournament, one had to come out on top. YOU PICK WHICH ONE DOES THAT.

I know I said I would shut up about it but it's really getting to me. We had MORE Votes. Doesn't that decided the outcome of mostly everything? The fact the other team won 2-1 is just 1 Factor of it. There should be three decideding factors

1) The 2-1 thing. That's a Point to the Team.

2) Total Votes. Winner gets a Point.

3) If it's 1-1 after this then the Member with the highest Vote Count takes the team through.

Yeah I am upset, but I feel as if I rather like the term of events.

I like the idea of tallying votes and letting the team win that gets the most.

The only backdraft will be that we might get people who "lost even though they got so many more votes" complain until the end.

So I wouldn't mind to continue the brawl as it is, it's a game/popularity contest after all.:/

Also I don't want to break it to you, but in working life, you're probably going to be put into a team of people you hate and who aren't going crap one day, yet you'll have to assume your responsabilities and get some team work done.

I know the comparison is a bit iffy because this is more like a game.

But I thought it'd raise team spirits at the same time.:/

Awww that towel is cute though, I want the same one.:3

Guys, you should have protested before. Did you? No. Soooooo

towell%20creature.jpg

DEAL WITH IT... And if you must, unfold him, and dry your tears on the towel he is made of.

We didn't even know the rules then. Check Post 1. See any Rules of the engagement? No. We automaticlly persumed that it would be 3 on 3 with the most Votes advancing.

This is it really in the end.

If you really want to know who the best YCM member is, make a spin off. It doesn't really matter, this is just for fun. I bet no one cared about this crap before it was made. Now that is it made, be chill about it. This entire thing will prove the capability of YCMembers to vote for a single person or the majority of a team, which is better. If you guys give a f***, vote for the entire team, then people wouldn't be cheated. This is a popularity contest, which is now more constructed to the team popularity and not a single person. Right now, it isn't about who wins, but a team. Think of it like 5D's now. 3x3 was the tournament, one had to come out on top. YOU PICK WHICH ONE DOES THAT.

I love you

Regardless, I apologize to anyone feeling sour about winning but having their team lose

But through trial and error we learn~

EDIT:

You have a point, J-man

I actually thought I had added that, or at least I'm sure I mentioned it in the thread, that whichever team won 2 out of the 3 matches in the 3v3 would proceed. I am absolutely sure it's somewhere in this thread at least once.

Guys, you should have protested before. Did you? No. Soooooo

towell%20creature.jpg

DEAL WITH IT... And if you must, unfold him, and dry your tears on the towel he is made of.

That is kind of pushing it, imo. We did not know exactly how this would turn out.

I like the idea of tallying the votes and letting the team win that gets the most.

The only backdraft will be that we might get people who "lost even though they got so many more votes" complain until the end.

So I wouldn't mind to continue the brawl as it is, it's a game/popularity contest after all.:/

I mean, is it so bad to lose at a game?

It doesn't feel very fitting. But people should learn about other systems. I would kind of like different ideas every now and then, like this one.

@Black

This is going to be mean but...

"You say tears solve problems, so tell me why haven't you sat down and cried over your career."

Taken straight from rap battles?

Yes I do. I'll take 6 Pieces of it please :P

NO, YOU ONLY GET 4 D<

Why?

Cuz this is YMB FO- *shot*

Edited my post.

I like the idea of tallying votes and letting the team win that gets the most.

Also I don't want to break it to you, but in working life, you're probably going to be put into a team of people you hate and who aren't going crap one day, yet you'll have to assume your responsabilities and get some team work done.

I know the comparison is a bit iffy because this is more like a game.

But I thought it'd raise team spirits at the same time.:/

Awww that towel is cute though, I want the same one.:3

SOOO, I don't mind if you guys keep it going as it is, with the 2 out of 3 rule.

The system with tallying votes and letting the team with the most votes advance sounds good, but since we started the other way, I don't mind if we keep it going.

Personally I don't find it so bad either, people could learn about team spirit this time rather than relying on their own butt only.

Just my thoughts though, no bad feelings.;-/

Edited my post.

SOOO, I don't mind if you guys keep it going as it is, with the 2 out of 3 rule.

The system with tallying votes and letting the team with the most votes advance sounds good, but since we started the other way, I don't mind if we keep it going.

Personally I don't find it so bad either, people could learn about team spirit this time rather than relying on their own butt only.

Most definitely! :'o

Tho I had planned round 2 to be people vote on pairs, instead of individuals so we'll experiment with that

And yes, you guys CAN name your teams in round 2

So hooray for that?

I admire that you are mentioning that even after defeating our team :P *Hugs* No hard feelings DL? I was just trying to sort things out and avoid confusion.

No hard feelings at all, I completely understand :3

This.

...You just said teams are a dumb idea tho? :'o

Archived