YCM Member Brawl 4 (finished, lock)

DL 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I was runner up last time and was dragged down this time. I won my match by a Landslide yet I was eliminated. Sorry to seem like i'm a little sore and it's only a popularity contest but this was just a little too sudden and unexpected. A upset? Maybe.

So... are you saying that...

The winning ruse was...

*shades*

A Distraction?

Then who has the car?

Personally, I find the teams, like plots, unnecessary.

Which is why I plan to make it go back to it's roots (maybe have a few more competitors then normal here and there) and tweak a few things.

And for the necessary "gimmick", it'll be something that actually effects how the polls will go and will prevent complete shut-outs. It'll basically give everybody a chance to win.

The team idea is good in theory, but it should be a spin-off, not part of the real YMB.

Personally, I find the teams, like plots, unnecessary.

Which is why I plan to make it go back to it's roots (maybe have a few more competitors then normal here and there) and tweak a few things.

And for the necessary "gimmick", it'll be something that actually effects how the polls will go and will prevent complete shut-outs. It'll basically give everybody a chance to win.

The team idea is good in theory, but it should be a spin-off, not part of the real YMB.

It WAS gonna be a spin off, hosted by the Vongola

Then since Treehouse dropped it, we decided to make it the real one.

But I was runner up last time and was dragged down this time. I won my match by a Landslide yet I was eliminated. Sorry to seem like i'm a little sore and it's only a popularity contest but this was just a little too sudden and unexpected. A upset? Maybe.

I understand

But at least in my case, I can say I quite enjoy the tension of depending on teammates as WELL as myself.

PM me when R2 is up?

Sure :'D

Well then, that makes sense then.

Either way, let's just ride this one out.

I'm sure after round 1 things will go way more smoothly, since the votes are to a certain team, not to individual people

In retrospect, I should have made the 3v3 be so that EVERY vote members of a team received would count towards the total team votes, and the team with most votes would win. =P

I'm sure after round 1 things will go way more smoothly, since the votes are to a certain team, not to individual people

In retrospect, I should have made the 3v3 be so that EVERY vote members of a team received would count towards the total team votes, and the team with most votes would win. =P

Yeah, that's what I originally thought it was.

As I said, interesting for a spin-off, but can easily be broken with teams being overly popular and so on.

It's not

But this is already called YMB 4 in most thread titles

So I say what's done is done

Tho it woulda been an interesting thing to do beforehand

I mean

Unless you guys REALLY feel changing the title at this point will make a difference, since Cipher said he was going to host ymb 5

Just for your information DL. Our match ended 74 -57 in our favour. We still lost. That's as bad as running a race and winning easily but the opponent gets the gold for hopping the distance.

It's still a fairer system, you must admit

In fact, it's FAR more fair.

And would have changed the conclusion of some of the matches.

Through my teams loss, I have no enjoyment of this experiment.

I could guess :T

But well, there's always next time

And next time will NOT be teams soooo yeah

It's still a fairer system, you must admit

In fact, it's FAR more fair.

And would have changed the conclusion of some of the matches.

I could guess :T

But well, there's always next time

And next time will NOT be teams soooo yeah

I know. It was a great experiment and I would love to see how it turns out. But that is what is it, an experiment.

Anyways, I know there is a next time. Hope this turns out well.

It's not fair at all. If you win then you would expect to advance yet you don't. I'm not going to mention it anymore for the rest of the Tourney but I just feel a bit cheated that is all.

You're not the only one. I won 37 to 5. :/

DL, I honestly think that you should retroactively add this system to the tourney, make all future matches follow the new system.

Because it's stupid that the team with more votes loses.

But where does that leave the first 4 Matches then? It's up to DL how he decides to run it as he is the leader.

DL, I honestly think that you should retroactively add this system to the tourney, make all future matches follow the new system.

Because it's stupid that the team with more votes loses.

If he changes this, it would mess up everything for the first round. If he wants to change it. It is either in the Second Round or not at all for fairness.

Why don't we say "f*** unfairness", change the previous matches' outcomes to go by the new system, and use that system for future matches?

We can't make everypony happy.

It is not an issue that much since it is an experiment for this one. He could let the ones who one not have teams, but I am lazy and I assume DL is to, so that would not work.

Like Daemon stated

An experiment

Round 2 onwards was going to, and will, use the team-votes system (planned on it since the beginning, in case something like this happened)

Then from round 3 onwards, it's the same ol shebang

It's not fair at all. If you win then you would expect to advance yet you don't. I'm not going to mention it anymore for the rest of the Tourney but I just feel a bit cheated that is all.

But if I made the votes count for a team rather than the individual only TEAMS could win, individuals couldn't, thus at least lessening any chance of sourness?

Archived