Cardfight!! Vanguard

Dr. Cakey

1. Ren is a f***ing sack

2. Kai could've intercepted with Berserk Dragon to ensure himself protection against one trigger so he's actually horrible

Ren's field: 33k PBO, Blaster Dark (5k intercept), PBD that could attack
Ren's hand: Nothing

Kai's field: 13k DOtE, Berserk Dragon (5k intercept), Conroe, Bahr, Aermo
Kai's hand: Blue Ray Dracokid (10k guard), Blue Ray Dracokid (10k guard), Burning Horn Dragon (5k guard), DOtE

Ren swings for 33k against 13k

Kai guards with everything in his hand (25k), meaning one trigger would break it. Playing against a deck that plays 8 crits out of 16 triggers means it's going to show up half of the time you get a trigger, so if he rips a trigger Kai essentially loses. Plus the Berserk Dragon isn't really going to do s*** sitting there, so Kai really should've intercepted with it.

Ren rips a crit for game (+ Mac Lir for the perfect defense afterwards). Now, if Kai had intercepted, Ren would've given all effects to PBD. Then PBD would attack Kai for game, but Kai's second damage check was a heal, so he'd survive back in the game. Also, the next card Kai would've drawn was another DOtE. Now, in this scenario, Kai would have 3 DOtE on the board, all 11k. He could also use Conroe's skill to search for a Bahr/Promises Aermo. So his field would be three 19k attackers. This means Ren would need to guard with 30k total not counting triggers. His only means of guarding were given, Mac Lir + cih and Blaster Dark, meaning he couldn't block one of the RG swings. Now, he was at four damage, so Kai would need a crit to win the game, but this still proves that Kai could've played out of a situation like that.

3. Suiko is a fa****

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict they will have a rematch after the finals where Kai actually does win and turns Ren to the side of good for season two; forming a team called Qualia Prime or something. I mean, Riku already proved Dark Is Not Evil years ago, right?

Now, watch this Bible code thing that I do which validates my theory...

[color=#ff0000]Qua[/color]d[color=#008080]ri[/color]foglio
[color=#0000ff]A[/color][color=#8b4513]p[/color][color=#ffd700]e[/color]x [color=#00ff00]Li[/color][color=#ffa500]m[/color]it[color=#800080]e[/color]d

[color=#ff0000]Qua[color=#00ff00]l[color="#00ff00"]i[/color][/color][/color][color=#0000cd]a [color=#8b4513]P[color=#008080]ri[color=#ffa500]m[color=#800080]e[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]

It's legit guys!

[quote name='byakklon Omega' timestamp='1328927656' post='5809683']
2. Kai could've intercepted with Berserk Dragon to ensure himself protection against one trigger so he's actually horrible

Ren's field: 33k PBO, Blaster Dark (5k intercept), PBD that could attack
Ren's hand: Nothing

Kai's field: 13k DOtE, Berserk Dragon (5k intercept), Conroe, Bahr, Aermo
Kai's hand: Blue Ray Dracokid (10k guard), Blue Ray Dracokid (10k guard), Burning Horn Dragon (5k guard), DOtE

Ren swings for 33k against 13k

Kai guards with everything in his hand (25k), meaning one trigger would break it. Playing against a deck that plays 8 crits out of 16 triggers means it's going to show up half of the time you get a trigger, so if he rips a trigger Kai essentially loses. Plus the Berserk Dragon isn't really going to do s*** sitting there, so Kai really should've intercepted with it.

Ren rips a crit for game (+ Mac Lir for the perfect defense afterwards). Now, if Kai had intercepted, Ren would've given all effects to PBD. Then PBD would attack Kai for game, but Kai's second damage check was a heal, so he'd survive back in the game. Also, the next card Kai would've drawn was another DOtE. Now, in this scenario, Kai would have 3 DOtE on the board, all 11k. He could also use Conroe's skill to search for a Bahr/Promises Aermo. So his field would be three 19k attackers. This means Ren would need to guard with 30k total not counting triggers. His only means of guarding were given, Mac Lir + cih and Blaster Dark, meaning he couldn't block one of the RG swings. Now, he was at four damage, so Kai would need a crit to win the game, but this still proves that Kai could've played out of a situation like that.
[/quote]
I was thinking this the whole time. KAI WHY YOU LOSE ON PURPOSE!?

However, both times Kai has lost was due to misplaying. He could've intercepted another unit against both, Aichi and Ren.

Other clans better get Crossride units or something to get the gap close.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1328991714' post='5810913']
I was thinking this the whole time. KAI WHY YOU LOSE ON PURPOSE!?

However, both times Kai has lost was due to misplaying. He could've intercepted another unit against both, Aichi and Ren.

Other clans better get Crossride units or something to get the gap close.
[/quote]

Murakumo's Mandala lord and Neo nectar's maiden of trailing blossoms are closest to crossride without the crossriding part (ditch another copy to get X ability).

anyways its not Kai's fault the writers made him misplay >.> he has no control over it D:

Next episode will be amazing but I'm really looking forward to Aichi vs. Ren because I want to see whether Aichi will mix his RPs and SPs. I mean, it's really likely that the card in the white orb was Majesty, but it would be a bit odd to have a mix vs. Shadow Palys, so I'm still on the fence about whether it'll be done or not.

Since Aichi is changing decks next season, this would be the only chance for it to be show a mix Blaster deck, but that also means that they might not deem it worth passing up the good vs evil theme just to show a deck that will never see the light of day again.

• 2 weeks later...

This may just be my AP English class kicking in, but the characters really fit their decks.
If you look at it:

Kai uses Kagero, a mostly static deck with only the strategy of overpowering the opponent. With such a fixed deck (The End notwitstanding), they can only be properly used by a master who [i]really[/i] knows the game.

Kamui uses Nova Grapplers, a deck that focuses on re-standing units. He always acts tough by standing up to his opponents no matter the odds, but in the end (as with Ashura Kaiser) he won't stand by himself.

Misaki, as we've just seen, has a fantastic memory, Oracle Think Tanks and their reverse stacking truely shine if you can commit to remembering everything you're shown - this is practically impossible for anyone but Misaki.

Aichi, the hero, uses Royal Paladins. The antithesis to Kagero, they gain a lot of new strength from each of their new allies that are released. Aichi has been gaining strength with each fight along with his Paladins *cough*not like Yugi*cough* and he cares deeply about them as he does his friends.

Archived