Dr. Cakey

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Chaos Sonic' timestamp='1320521739' post='5619515']
I'm subbed to the guy.

So when he posts them...I know ^^
[/quote]

Where i want it tells you want anime eps have been added on the front page ._. and it follows a set schedule. Cardfight vanguard new ep is aways up on Friday after 6:30p.m. (thats when i get home and there is one up)

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321067281' post='5634107']
I was wondering why Kourin didn't fight Aichi with his deck last ep, but is seems that Kai'll be doing that so it's all good.

I wanna make Kourin's deck, seems fun. =p
[/quote]
made deck with Snowgal and the gang before anime even used them :P (see link in other CfV topic)

And my guess would be because it was all a plot to get Kai to play against Aichi. Devised by the blue haired chick(name slips the mind)

When I read the episode's description, I thought it said [i]Ren[/i] was going to duel Kourin, which would have been crazy awesome. Aichi w/ Shadow Paladins was close enough, I guess.

Most of the Shadow Paladins aren't even particularly evil. [s]Verz Bahamut[/s] Phantom Blaster Dragon devours souls, which is generally considered a not-nice action, and my new avatar has a skull, and skulls are evil, but most of the others are just slightly prettier and have darker armor. Blaster Dark, which they had made such a big deal about, is [b]identical[/b] Blaster Blade. But when [i]it[/i] retires a rear-guard, that's [b]pure evil[/b], because it's Blaster [b]Dark[/b].

[quote name='Dr. Cakey-chan' timestamp='1321117326' post='5634915']
When I read the episode's description, I thought it said [i]Ren[/i] was going to duel Kourin, which would have been crazy awesome. Aichi w/ Shadow Paladins was close enough, I guess.

Most of the Shadow Paladins aren't even particularly evil. [s]Verz Bahamut[/s] Phantom Blaster Dragon devours souls, which is generally considered a not-nice action, and my new avatar has a skull, and skulls are evil, but most of the others are just slightly prettier and have darker armor. Blaster Dark, which they had made such a big deal about, is [b]identical[/b] Blaster Blade. But when [i]it[/i] retires a rear-guard, that's [b]pure evil[/b], because it's Blaster [b]Dark[/b].
[/quote]

Blaster Blade counterblast does the same thing as Blaster Dark. Just they BB can use its ability even when called to Rearguard but only on Grade 2 and higher.

Anyways Dark metal dragon is the other grade 3 he has which gets +2000 whenever he is in Vanguard and you drive check a Shadow Paladin.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey-chan' timestamp='1321117326' post='5634915']

[/quote]

In the end, Shadow Paladins are really considered so evil because Royal Paladins are supposed to be good or something and Shadow Paladins are their opposites cause they gain strength by sacrificing comrades rather than by having them. Oh, and cause they're dressed in black which is a super evil color even though it makes them look cooler.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321121277' post='5635088']
In the end, Shadow Paladins are really considered so evil because Royal Paladins are supposed to be good or something and Shadow Paladins are their opposites cause they gain strength by sacrificing comrades rather than by having them. Oh, and cause they're dressed in black which is a super evil color even though it makes them look cooler.
[/quote]
Except right now only Phantom Blaster Dragon gains power by sacrificing [s]nakamas[/s] allies. Sure, a couple of them require you to discard, but all "impenetrable shield" cards also require you to discard. Is [url="http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Flash_Shield,_Isolde"]Isolde[/url] evil? Tachikaze is based on retiring your own rear-guards. But my main point is that most of them don't even [i]look[/i] particularly evil.

EDIT: Was mentioned above that Blaster Dark isn't quite identical to Blaster Blade. Actually, the fact that it doesn't get its effect while in the rear-guard may make it weaker than Blaster Dark, although someone who actually plays Vanguard would have to tell me if the added flexibility makes up for not being able to hit Grade 0-1 units.

Grade 2s can intercept so it's nice to get rid of them, and 0's and 1's don't do that much outside of boosting after you get a Grade 3 out, and even without boosts, 50%+ of the time, you can get over something if they don't want to guard, and sometimes the bonus offered up by boosts isn't enough to get over a single 10k shield anyway, so I personally feel the flexibility is a plus.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey-chan' timestamp='1321673724' post='5651923']
Whoo, new episode, in which we learn the only way to convince Kai to do something he actively wants to do is to lose to him at Vanguard.
[/quote]
Except that's not new, that's last week's.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321674431' post='5651939']
Kai is Yusei syndrome done right.
[/quote]
This.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1321674431' post='5651939']
I'm wondering if Aichi fainting is his body fighting the darkness, or giving in to it.
[/quote]
It seems like it giving in. He continually seems to be losing himself to Psyqualia and becoming more like Ren.

[quote name='Icemare Moon' timestamp='1321678560' post='5652055']
It seems like it giving in. He continually seems to be losing himself to Psyqualia and becoming more like Ren.
[/quote]
But that dream seemed like his body telling him that the darkness will continue to keep him from reaching Kai. At least that's how I originally interpreted it, but can see it the other way too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived