Sugar Cube Corner [Reboot]: Bronies of YCM

Dementuo

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I read back far enough I know the gist of things. Now to start making my ideas! (Please correct my OCG if necessary.)

[url="http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30200000/Pinkie-Pie-as-Pyro-Oh-my-Luna-o_o-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-30228630-500-559.png"]Pinkie Pyro[/url]
Laughter
Power: 10
When this card is Called, increase the Power of all "Pinkie" creatures you control by 10. You can only control 1 "Pinkie Pyro". During the End Phase of a turn this card tussles, your opponent gains 1 Friendship Counter for every other "Pinkie" creature that tussled this turn (max of 2).

Arm, I blame you. Now all I want to do is make TF2 pony cards.

And is it just me or does 10 Friendship Counters seem a bit low and would make games short? I feel it could be that you need to get your opponent to 20, like how MtG has 20 life.

EDIT: Arm, that is a thing of beauty.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1335853424' post='5929961']
Arm, I blame you.[/quote]
With your card, you can remove the 'You can only control 1 Pinkie Piro' clause, and change the effect to where it only goes off if other Pinkie Pies made a [i]successful[/i] Tussle, because we don't want random suicide moves for game.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1335853424' post='5929961']
EDIT: Arm, that is a thing of beauty.[/quote]
ITS AS OVERPOWERED AS THE EXISTING GORZ, HURR HURR
Except I actually tried to make it a little more 'fair'.

Yeah, that's probably for the best. (Note that the ability can still activate in the first place even if Pinkie Pyro dies, since posthumous kills via afterburn are a thing with the Pyro.)

[url="http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/30200000/Pinkie-Pie-as-Pyro-Oh-my-Luna-o_o-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-30228630-500-559.png"]Pinkie Pyro[/url]
Power: 10
When this card is Called, increase the Power of all "Pinkie" creatures you control by 10. During the End Phase of a turn this card tussles, your opponent gains 1 Friendship Counter for every other "Pinkie" creature you control that tussled this turn (max of 2).

I worded it so as to only count those still alive. Even when a creature is destroyed, that is still technically a successful tussle if it still occurred.

Arm, those are aweshum cards (I actually really like the Soldier Spike idea xD)

And Gorz Pinkie made me lol

Also, the ones involved in the official creation business are me, Issun, Renji, and Dem, for the most part

We have everything for the mane 6, we just need effects for Pinkie and Rarity.

Then I'll post them all at once here.

Then we move onto the CMC... :3

Also, we're starting with 10 FC, because we don't know how easy it will ACTuALLY be to win.

I mean, maybe makking it 15 would be better

But we can always change it later :3

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335867322' post='5930015']
And Gorz Pinkie made me lol[/quote]
Pretty much out of nowhere I was all: "OMG! I SHOULD USE THAT IMAGE OF PINKIE PIE AS GORZ, AND USE IT AS A CARD! EYEM A GENUS!"

And... Well.... You get the idea.

This is this club, roughly 50% of the time:
[img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/295/461/856.jpg[/img]

Also, this image is absolutely brilliant:
[img]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/295/338/513.jpg[/img]

Actually, it's not very much like YGO, if anything it's more like Vanguard... apparently.
And yeah, after the CMCs, I think we should work on the more important non-mane characters.
Specifically the Big Antagonists, Celestia, both Lunas, and any unions of them. (There still totally needs to be a Celestia Discord union card)

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335905495' post='5930358']
Actually, it's not very much like YGO, if anything it's more like Vanguard... apparently.[/quote]
Overlaying cards, of course its Vanguard.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335905495' post='5930358']There still totally needs to be a Celestia Discord union card[/quote]
OFF TO GOOGLE! =D

...:'DDD

Actually

S'what we should do for the mane 6 that are discord-ed

...if we had photoshop

And after CMC

We should do Spike

to have 10 cards

Then Celestia, Luna, Discord, Queen Chrysallis

Then the side ponies

then the fun bg ponies :333

If there will be a Discord and Celestia union, me thinks it will likely be a win the duel card.

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335917158' post='5930586']
...:'DDD

Actually

S'what we should do for the mane 6 that are discord-ed

...if we had photoshop

And after CMC

We should do Spike

to have 10 cards

Then Celestia, Luna, Discord, Queen Chrysallis

Then the side ponies

then the fun bg ponies :333
[/quote]
Honestly, making discorded ponies should be fairly easy in Gimp. =o

And I vote Big Mac as one of the first BG ponies. Just sayin. :3

Hey, thought I'd share this idea:

Mental Twilight Sparkle
[spoiler=Image][img]http://www.deviantart.com/download/266506993/twilight_psycho__by_cacti-d4eo641.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Magic
Trigger effect: You may treat this card as Rank 1 or Rank 3. When this card is called over a Rank 2 or lower creature with the same name, you may select one card from your opponent's hoof at random. If it's a creature card, this card gains power equal to that of the selected creature. If not, return this card to your hoof.
Passive effect: All Rank 2 or lower creatures cannot initiate a tussle while this card is on the field.
Power: 30

Mental Pinkie Pie
Laughter
[spoiler=Image][img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/219/7/6/pinkie_pie__madness_returns_by_petirep-d45s8ai.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Trigger effect: You may treat this card as Rank 1 or Rank 3. If this card is called over a Rank 2 or lower creature, you may have your opponent select a card from your hoof at random. If it is a non-creature card, your opponent gains 3 friendship counters. If not, return this card to your hoof.
Passive effect: Players cannot gain friendship counters through direct tussles while this card is on the field.

Well, DL?

Its actually just called direct attack, since tussle is battle, and direct battle makes no sense xD

Pinkie has no power

And honestly it'd be EASILY broken if you simply allow yourself to hold one non-creature card, and activate its effect

As for Twi....I actually like the active effect

And the passive effect is nice

But I still don't see the point of the rank variation o3o

@Issun - It can be win the duel, since duels were sports back in the old days.

And I agree

@Renji - ...sure xD

If it won't be an insta-win, it'll likely just be a delayed win. Like, it'll have such great effects and power that your opponent wouldn't stand much of a chance.

And, are we making Discorded ponies? If so, I can make 'em. Or you could, Fluttershy. It'd be really easy~

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335921984' post='5930683']
But I still don't see the point of the rank variation o3o
[/quote]

Well, the concept is to overlay the original Twilight, which I assume is Rank 2, with her psychopathic attitude.

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335922755' post='5930704']
Well, the concept is to overlay the original Twilight, which I assume is Rank 2, with her psychopathic attitude.
[/quote]
...But...you can just as easily overlay her with rank 1 twi

And get the effect o3o

Wait, earlier in this thread, someone mentioned this game having 'Magic' cards, implying it could have something similar to Trainer cards from Pokemon TCG.
Wouldn't that need a template as well? O,o
*Lightly hinting at someone making one*

ALSO, as a random question... If the object of the game is to get [u]your Opponent[/u] to, lets say, 10 Friendship Counters, then whats the point in having cards that raise [i]your own?[/i] I mean I understand if it's like Lifepoint Payments n' such, then it should come with a stronger effect because in the long run, it makes it easier for the Opponent to defeat you.
Just sayin'

Archived