Sugar Cube Corner [Reboot]: Bronies of YCM

Dementuo

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1335808250' post='5929397']
So does anyone actually know what my member title is a reference to?
[/quote]Something MLP-parody related, Im guessing

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335808147' post='5929394']
Wait, whats the win condition to this game?
(Seriously, nobody mentioned it yet O,o)

Could 'YOUR GOING TO LOVE ME!'-Fluttershy be considered a Rank 3, though?
I mean on more the one occasion she has proven to be a little overkill.

And Twilight has proven she can be a Rank 3 as well.
[/quote]
Actually, it WAS mentioned. Twice xD

Win conditions = get your opponent to 10 Friendship Counters

Through either direct attacks (increases your opponent's Friendship Counters by 2)

Or battle (if your monster is stronger, and destroys an opponent's monster, your opponent gains 1 Friendship Counter)

It's basically Loving and Tolerating the sh*t out of your opponent.

And actually, I think Evilshy (AKA Flutterb*tch), Pinkamena, and Paranoid Sparkle can be rank 3~

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335810173' post='5929419']
Something MLP-parody related, Im guessing
[/quote]

Sort of, but I'm looking for a more specific answer, it's a line from something else parodying Celestia and her moon-banishing.

2 reps for whoever can get it.

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1335813066' post='5929444']
Sort of, but I'm looking for a more specific answer, it's a line from something else parodying Celestia and her moon-banishing.

2 reps for whoever can get it.
[/quote]
The only one I know is Friendship is Magic B*tch

o3o

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335812149' post='5929436']
I'm loling at the OCG of the cards, but they're very good. Do you all draw every turn or so? And do you start off with a certain amount of cards in your hands?

And I think if someone posted OCG terminology maybe I can help by posting ideas for Written Cards.
[/quote]
You draw every turn

And we have yet to decide if you start off with 5 or 6 cards

But I'd go for 6

And terminology is basically

Hoof - hand
tussle - battle
Book - deck
Pages - cards
Banished to the moon - banished
creature - monster

Owait

...actually

We might have to just make it deck and cards instead of book and pages

Since so many things refer to 'cards'

...Welp, that's one thing we have to discuss today.

Alright, I know how some people here don't like "Humafied ponies", but I have to share this.

Basically I haven't been keeping up with my Deviantart followings, and decided to check up on the 15 updates I had yet to look at.

The one person who's active that I follow is Maxwindy. I started loving her stuff when she was designing characters for an online RBG fighter game, which I used in my second card set on this site.

Well turns out, 7 of her new pics are commissions that somebody gave to do humafied ponies. And she decided to Incorporated her usual stuff into it. And by usual stuff I mean the whole RPG fighter stuff.
[spoiler=Here's her Pinkie.]
[img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/084/6/5/pinkie_pie__element_of_laughter_by_maxwindy-d4tv61p.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
Better yet? The commissions aren't restricted to the mane 6.
[spoiler=And this shows it]
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/119/a/a/lyra_heartstrings_by_maxwindy-d4xxut2.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
I think I'm going to pay more attention to Deviantart now.

Question: Does this game have a card limit? Like you can only use [X] number of [Card Y] in your 'Book'?
Since if its like Pokemon, you could have 4 Metagros all from different sets, as they are still the same Metagros.

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335810173' post='5929419']
And actually, I think Evilshy (AKA Flutterb*tch), Pinkamena, and Paranoid Sparkle can be rank 3~[/quote]
No, Paranoid Twilight can be Rank 2.
Future Twilight should be Rank 3.

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335812149' post='5929436']
I'm loling at the OCG of the cards[/quote]
So am I.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335816939' post='5929504']
Question: Does this game have a card limit? Like you can only use [X] number of [Card Y] in your 'Book'?
Since if its like Pokemon, you could have 4 Metagros all from different sets, as they are still the same Metagros.

No, Paranoid Twilight can be Rank 2.
Future Twilight should be Rank 3.

So am I.
[/quote]Actually, we got Rank 2 Twi already

But Future Twi being Rank 3 is ingenious :3

And we're thinkin the card limit is 4 per deck

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335819091' post='5929546']
While Future Twi can be rank 3, having them have to have a MENTAL BREAKDOWN or TURN EVIL in order to power up is... illogical.
[/quote]Well Flutterb*tch/Evilshy is actually

Discord Fluttershy

So...

idk

Should we make all the Discord-ed Mane 6 into Rank 3, or leave them as Rank 2?

Because obviously if we made them weaker there'd be no sense in making them at all o3o

Well I guess its time to try my hand at this. Gonna try to post a set of antagonists:

Psychoshy
Rank 3
Power: 45
When "Fluttershy" you control loses a tussle: You can reveal this card in your hoof; Summon it. When this pony declares a tussle with one of your opponent's ponies/creatures: Send it to the Discord Pile immediately and have your opponent gain 1 Friendship Counter. Each time you end your turn: Gain 1 Friendship Counter.

Sadistic Murderer Psychoshy (AKA Stay out of my shed)
Rank 4
Power: 45
When "Fluttershy" you control loses a tussle: You can reveal this card in your hoof; Summon it. When this card is Summoned: Send all other ponies/creatures you control to the Discord Pile; This pony gains Power equal to the number of ponies/creatures sent to the Discord Pile x5. This card cannot tussle your opponent directly. After this card gets into a tussle: Banish this card to the moon.

Psychorapist Twilight
Rank 3
Power: 30
If the number of cards in your Discord pile is equal to 10: Summon this pony from your hoof. Your opponent cannot gain Friendship Counters. When a Rank 0 or 1 Pony/Creature is brought to the field: You can send 1 card from your hoof to the Discord pile; Send the summoned pony/creature to the Discord Pile. If your Friendship Counters are higher than your opponent's: Banish this card to the moon. Then if you have a "Twilight Sparkle" in your Discord pile: You can add it to your hoof.

Pinkameena Diane Pie
Rank 4
Power: 55
If you have 0 Friendship Counters and you control no ponies/creatures, you can banish 5 ponies/creatures in your Discord pile to the moon: Summon this card from your hoof. This pony can tussle with one of your monsters each. Each time this pony successfully wins a tussle: This pony loses -5 power. When this card loses a tussle, you can send all cards in your hoof to the Discord pile: Add 1 "Pinkie Pie" to your hand.

Great and Powerful Trixie
Rank 3
Power: 40
This pony is the only pony/creature your opponent must target for tussles or pony/creature effects. Once per turn: You can increase your opponent's Friendship Counters by 1. You cannot tussle the turn you activate this card's effect. When this card loses a tussle, you can decrease your opponent's Friendship Counters by 3: Send this card on top of your Book.

Gilda
Rank 2
Power: 40
When this creature wins a tussle, you can target the pony/creature you tussled in your opponent's Discord Pile: Summon it to your side of the field. It cannot tussle.

Flim Flam Brothers
Rank 2
Power: 20
At the start of each of your turns: Place an Apple Counter on your side of the field. You can target all ponies/creatures your opponent controls and 1 Apple Counter you control: Increase the Rank of this card by 1 and this card's power +30 until the end of the turn; Destroy the Apple Counter. For every targeted pony/creature by this pony's effect: Decrease your Friendship Counters by 1.

Diamond Dog
Rank 2
Power: 30
If you control a "Diamond Dog": You can Summon this creature from your hand. If so, then this creature cannot tussle. Once per turn, you can decrease your opponent's Friendship Counters by 1: Increase the power of this card +10. When this card is sent from the field to the Discord pile: Draw 1 card from your Book.

Discord
Rank 4
Power: 70
This creature can only be Summoned (from the hoof) by sending 3 Rank 3 ponies/creatures to the Discord pile. When this creature is summoned: Place Discord Counters on each of your opponent's cards equal to the amount of ponies in your Discord Pile. When this creature successfully wins a tussle: You can target the pony/creature you tussled in your opponent's Discord Pile; Summon it to your side of the field. It cannot tussle.

Queen Chrysalis
Rank 4
Power: 65
This creature can only be Summoned (from the hoof) by sending 1 Rank 4 pony/creature you control to the Discord pile. When this creature is Summoned: Remove all Friendship Counters your opponent has: Special Summon 1 "Changeling" from your Book up to the number of Friendship Counters removed. Your opponent cannot gain Friendship Counters. If you gain 1 Friendship Counter: Send this card and all "Changeling"s to the Discord Pile.

Changeling
Rank 1
Power: 15
If this card tussles, your opponent does not gain any Friendship Counters. When this card is sent to the Discord Pile: Gain an additional Friendship Counter; Your opponent gains 2 Friendship Counters.

Nightmare Moon
Rank 4
Power: 85
This pony can only be Summoned by banishing to the Moon 1 "Princess Celestia" from either side of the field and 1 "Princess Luna" from your Discord pile or hoof. When this pony is Summoned: Remove all your Friendship Counters. This card can only be sent to the Discord pile by the "Elements of Harmony". Your opponent cannot activate any Magic or Location cards. When this card successfully wins a tussle: send a pony/creature to the Discord Pile. When this card is send to the Discord Pile: Gain 9 Friendship Counters.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335820312' post='5929563']
Okay, I'll say this once more.
There is no rank past 3.
Only a few cards will ever be 3.
All rank 2 cards, with the exception of unions, need a rank 1 of the same name.
[/quote]
Well too bad I didn't hear everything through.But it's simple if you downgrade them I guess. And since there was no phase or field terminology, it was somewhat hard. Also, what do you mean by Rank 2s having same names?

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335819571' post='5929550']
They didn't get any more powerful at all in the show though.
So we shouldn't make them, I'd say.

Besides, good luck finding Discorded Fanart that doesn't look totally off.
[/quote]
Only thing I can think of is taking screens of the show itself, but that always turns out pretty bad.

Also, "summon" is "call".

Also also,

Zecora
Rank 2
Power: 35
When this card is called, return all creatures you control to your Hoof. Your opponent loses 2 Friendship counters.
As long as this card is on the field, all Friendship counters given to your opponent(s) become doubled.

Flower of Truth
Magic
Target creature loses all of its passive abilities.

Cutie Pox
Magic
Target creature gains the passive ability of a creature of its controller's choice each turn.

Archived