Sugar Cube Corner [Reboot]: Bronies of YCM

Dementuo

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Dementuo Black Sun' timestamp='1335112460' post='5922225']
To be honest, I don't actually listen to many of the musical numbers.
[/quote]I...that...but...

They're amazing, for the most part tho

At The Gala one seemed a bit lacking to me tho :T

[quote name='Dementuo Black Sun' timestamp='1335112460' post='5922225']
I don't actually listen to many of the musical numbers.[/quote]
Ditto.
I tend to skip roughly 90% of them

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335112590' post='5922229']
Not sure it works that way. It's like a love potion.[/quote]
Love potions also force ones will upon another.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335113218' post='5922241']
Love potions also force ones will upon another.
[/quote]

But it doesn't CONTROL them, it just gives them a push.

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335113216' post='5922240']
Are we talking about the power of love? Is it how Cadence and Shining Armor were able to fend off the Changelings?
[/quote]

Yep, just another demonstration of how love is more powerful than anythi-

PSH! Whateva xD

But it was still good.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335113312' post='5922246']
Again, it's not force, it's not like a love potion.
She influences it, for beneficial reasons.[/quote]
Alright, fine.... I just think her ability is a little on the ridiculous side.

Interesting. I've also tried to develop a theory on how magic is relative to Friendship. Is "friendship" the mutual bond of love being exposed as science? Is "friendship" comparative to chemical reactions and bonds, creating an abundance known as magic? And are unicorns/alicorns the only ones capable of the manipulating result of "friendship", which shapes the world?

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335113889' post='5922264']
Interesting. I've also tried to develop a theory on how magic is relative to Friendship. Is "friendship" the mutual bond of love being exposed as science? Is "friendship" comparative to chemical reactions and bonds, creating an abundance known as magic? And are unicorns/alicorns the only ones capable of the manipulating result of "friendship", which shapes the world?
[/quote]

Ewwwwwww.

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335113635' post='5922258']
So if the Mane 6 are the Elements of Harmony, Shining ArmorxCadence are the embodiments of Love?[/quote]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e2/Captain_Planet.jpg/250px-Captain_Planet.jpg[/img]

Also, love the insect-style that the changlings have.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1335113714' post='5922261']
Eeyup.
[/quote]Inb4spam

[quote name='Crimson Thar' timestamp='1335114104' post='5922268']
Ewwwwwww.
[/quote]Inb4spam

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1335113889' post='5922264']
[/quote]
This basically means that a group of friends could not be friends unless they had a unicorn with them, right?

I uh....not a bad theory tho

But what you're basically saying is friendship CREATES magic

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335114512' post='5922274']
Inb4spam

Inb4spam

This basically means that a group of friends could not be friends unless they had a unicorn with them, right?

I uh....not a bad theory tho

But what you're basically saying is friendship CREATES magic
[/quote]
Well, yeah basically. I compare to Fullbring in Bleach. Magic can be like atoms, affected by emotions, which are both invisible but powerful forces. If one was to have this strong bond towards something, it would be able to be manipulated and shaped. Unicorns have the power to that. Magic like atoms, are everywhere and are abundant in objects and such, so creating spells to manipulate the magic causes them to be bale to manipulate nature itself. I then relate this theory to the Elements of Harmony, which were created to maintain overall balance in the world. If there was a lack of friendship or bond, the world falls into "chaos". But if ponies tend to keep prosperity and the balance of friendship, it prospers, thus Friendship IS Magic.

That works

But that would mean that non-unicorns could also use magic, just like the humans activate fullbrings.

Which doesn't happen =P

[img]http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/99e308dfb93cb05af57b742ad060d857/28211%20-%20berry_punch%20Bonbon%20cherry%20Colgate%20Giraffe%20long_neck.PNG[/img]
js

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335115244' post='5922301']
That works

But that would mean that non-unicorns could also use magic, just like the humans activate fullbrings.

Which doesn't happen =P

[img]http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/99e308dfb93cb05af57b742ad060d857/28211%20-%20berry_punch%20Bonbon%20cherry%20Colgate%20Giraffe%20long_neck.PNG[/img]
js
[/quote]
Well there are THOSE ponies...but that's not what I meant that ALL ponies can create magic.Unicorns can control the force that is magic, WHICH is created by friendship. Other ponies as well as unicorns contribute to friendship which shape Equestria and the world.

Actually, all ponies have a form of magic, it's just only Unicorns can utilize their magic as a utility.

When Pegasi fly, anything they're touching, a carriage, for example, floats as if it were being pulled on the ground, instead of hanging. Also, they can stand on clouds, presumably another innate magical ability of Pegasi, that they don't even control.

Earth Ponies naturally grow better crops than anypony else, a form of innate, passive magic.

Finished watching both parts.
>Lasers
>Fight scene
>Muscials
>Romance
>Re-using various characters from past episodes(DJ, Fancypants, Trixie(?))
>Awesome villain
>Rarity is funny
>Shining Armor's voice actor
>Party Cannon as a weapon
*List goes on*

Episode was beautiful.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335115604' post='5922310']
Actually, all ponies have a form of magic, it's just only Unicorns can utilize their magic as a utility.

When Pegasi fly, anything they're touching, a carriage, for example, floats as if it were being pulled on the ground, instead of hanging. Also, they can stand on clouds, presumably another innate magical ability of Pegasi, that they don't even control.

[b]Earth Ponies naturally grow better crops than anypony else, a form of innate, passive magic.[/b]
[/quote]
They must feel so proud :3

OMG, the new MLP/PW crossover is so amazing

And has Derpy~

EDIT:

Easily best ep of the series

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1335115604' post='5922310']

Earth Ponies naturally grow better crops than anypony else, a form of innate, passive magic.
[/quote]
I think Ishun here defined/explained what I meant clearly here.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335116013' post='5922322']
All the way at the end, Derpy appears.
Ideal placement.
[/quote]I....wut?

She was in the middle of the thing

Unless you mean the actual Wedding Episode

in which case, I didn't see her

[quote name='The Real DL' timestamp='1335114512' post='5922274']
Inb4spam
[/quote]

inb4inb4spam

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1335115718' post='5922313']
>Party Cannon as a weapon
[/quote]

Easily more powerful than ANY Kamehameha, for sure.

Archived