Dementuo

• Replies 31.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the original pic?

I can actually make the letters in it noticeable

Aside from that, good tho

And Light

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw[/url]

your answers are in this video

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1333153803' post='5895455']
That's a good question Light.
I have absolutely no idea why I like it, I think it's just that it's funny, maybe?
[/quote]

Anime or other shows we watch these days can be more funny than MLP.

But what I think is...their eyes.

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1333153965' post='5895461']
Anime or other shows we watch these days can be more funny than MLP.

But what I think is...their eyes.
[/quote]
Obviously

A show that's wonderfully written, amazingly creative, has a very diverse cast of characters that are very well characterized, as well as voiced by incredible VAs, and with beautiful art

Is liked because the eyes of the ponies

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1333154145' post='5895466']

So? Just because something is more funny than another doesn't mean I can't laugh at both.
[/quote]

Well let me rephrase and conclude.

I believe we love MLP because we are infatuated with the ponies. In other words, they're cute, and they're not like ordinary kids shows. It's like constantly those puppy eyes comedy bits in cartoons. And because we love them so much, we take humor and everything else from episodes like it's significant as fans are. Thus Derpy and Octavia were born, and the origin of many memes. So if anyone has a soft spot, they should at least watch a few episodes of MLP.

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1333154456' post='5895474']
Well let me rephrase and conclude.

I believe we love MLP because we are infatuated with the ponies. In other words, they're cute, and they're not like ordinary kids shows. It's like constantly those puppy eyes comedy bits in cartoons. And because we love them so much, we take humor and everything else from episodes like it's significant as fans are. Thus Derpy and Octavia were born, and the origin of many memes. So if anyone has a soft spot, they should at least watch a few episodes of MLP.
[/quote]....love how you completely ignore my post

That aside

That can be one of the reasons

it's a lighthearted, fun show, that has very few flaws

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1333153602' post='5895453']
But the thing I've always wondered, why do people like MLP? It has great animation and graphics, but why do people stay and attach themselves to it?
[/quote]
I know I've already posted this, but Max Gilardi (same guy who makes the .MOV's) explains the connection and reasoning here [url="http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/16367923346/why-adult-men-like-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic"]http://www.hotdiggedydemon.com/post/16367923346/why-adult-men-like-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic[/url]

You want my opinion? *nods*
You sure? *nods; leans in*

>I think there's a little bit of mainstream rebellion involved. Just to show how tough we are, we check this show out saying "Yeah, I'm watching a franchised, silly show intended for girls! You wanna fight about it?!" The animation and VA's are kind of a segue. I mean, I love Ren and Stimpy, but I'm not called a "Stimpy". Or my obsession with Transformers doesn't make me a "Transformy" or a "Has-BRO". So what gives Bronies the title? It's "unusual", so that automatically seals them with a title? I can never tell if someone calling me a Brony IRL as an insult or a genuine nickname of sorts. Even then it's unlikely that I'll put my love of ponies out in public. My chemistry teacher (who I convince myself time and time again that he is a brony) has told us that people should respect their fields if they're also willing to respect others.

And that's what a Brony should be.

A person, male or female, that enters a fandom under the impression that they can discuss whatever they feel without being patronized. But we must respect others back to do so. Jersey Shore fans? I'll tolerate that. Call of Duty fans? I really don't mind them. Sports fans? Tell me more about the Celts-Raptors game: I missed it. Anime fanboys? Bring it. I don't mind hearing about how Ichigo Subaru defeated the Samurai of Woodlands with Kudomi-chan's love blade if you don't mind hearing about how silly Pinkie Pie is for the ump-teenth time.

So there you have it. A wonderful fandom surrounded by caring people.

Respect.

[quote name='Wandering Artist - Issun' timestamp='1333157463' post='5895531']
Totally fine, Renji, good evening.
And I think we're talking about why MLP is so good, but no one's posted for a while, so we may as well be open to a new topic.
[/quote]

Sorry have been busy all day.
I think I might be able to keep being here for a while though (at least until dinner calls)

Hello everyone =D

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1333159384' post='5895568']
I need contributions to the main page. Do you guys want to keep the team system?
[/quote]

What "team system"? =0

EDIT:
I'm not used to look for this club on the pinned section xD

Hey guys. Day sucks so far.

Missed out on a promise I made to some guys for setup and need to try to make it up to them.

Now my roommate is smoking with a friend in my room, and I absolutely hate the smell, so I'm moving to a friend's couch tonight S:

[quote name='Rainbow Dash' timestamp='1333159384' post='5895568']
I need contributions to the main page. Do you guys want to keep the team system?
[/quote]

Can you remind me what the point of it is? I only saw the pic. Luna looks weird...

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1333160223' post='5895585']

Missed out on a promise I made to some guys for setup and need to try to make it up to them.

Now my roommate is smoking with a friend in my room, and I absolutely hate the smell, so I'm moving to a friend's couch tonight S:
[/quote]

My apologies Twil-raito. But the important thing is that to not get second hand smoke. I won't permit it. >:(

[/quote]

Woah, it DOES sound pretty sucky. I hate smoke smell. Hope either your day improves from here on, or that you have a better day tomorrow (because it's practically the end of the day where I am xD )

Preferably the first option. A day after a very sucky one rarely turns out to be worse ;D

[quote name='Βyakuya Kuchiki' timestamp='1333160377' post='5895586']
Can you remind me what the point of it is? I only saw the pic. Luna looks weird...

My apologies Twil-raito. But the important thing is that to not get second hand smoke. I won't permit it. > :(
[/quote]
Hence why I'm moving to a friend's.
[quote name='Berry Punch~' timestamp='1333160465' post='5895592']
Woah, it DOES sound pretty sucky. I hate smoke smell. Hope either your day improves from here on, or that you have a better day tomorrow (because it's practically the end of the day where I am xD )

Preferably the first option. A day after a very sucky one rarely turns out to be worse ;D
[/quote]
Day's pretty much done so that's out. I'm expecting my friend's to understand and my roommate understands my problem and plans to give me a warning for future times. I do feel a bit woozy so it might be getting to me, but I'm out of the room and don't plan to go back in there for the night.

Hola Sleepy, hola Twi~

[/quote]
Sounds like a rough day.

Not sure whatcha mean by setup. What did you miss out on? =o

[quote name='Renji' timestamp='1333160597' post='5895596']
Sounds like a rough day.

Not sure whatcha mean by setup. What did you miss out on? =o
[/quote]

Setting up for an event that i enjoy helping with, so it's really making me depressed. But I'll hopefully make it up by buying lunch for the guys.

Archived