Tai Chi Chasers

• 2 weeks later...

I disliked it.
Among the things that bugged me, there's that part when that dragon guy with the sword entered the house.
He is supposed to be a full grown man that is well trained and specifically came to kill someone. Then his opponent is a small kid with no training. There were just SOOO many opportunities where the dragon guy could have just sliced him. Also, why did he have to state why he was there, give his position, and speak his way through all his prey's openings is beyond me.

After that there's the issue of the main character. From what I saw he is a mary sue. Easily outshines his school companions on everything he does, easily wins competitions;

Lastly, I got that the basic idea is Tiger VS Dragon, and that the cards have powers. I still think they are too vague. Maybe the episode would have been better had it been released later in the story having some missing points already covered, instead of the pilot but that's just me.

Well how else would Rai (voiced by Bella Hudson) become a Tigeroid. Plus, the description in the program guide was wrong: Rai's mom wasn't killed. In fact, she caused the explosion by blowing herself up. I hope she comes back in a later episode. Plus, a Girl leader, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, come on! They seriously have a card for laughter? LOL, that is just ridiculous.

Oh, and these are what the opening lyrics are. Are they right to you?
start with your heart
its the card that will show you where you must go
if you know how to flow
of your life will lead you
searching for a sign
find what your soul is seeking
searching for a sign
and you'll see what you'll be
race into space
set your pace
dont give up and if you dare
if you care
anywhere
is the place to keep on searching for a sign
searching for a sign
drifting across the universe
sifting back through time
both a blessing and a curse
reasons without rights
searching for a sign
searching for a sign

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='~Applejack~' timestamp='1316307590' post='5521487']
I disliked it.
Among the things that bugged me, there's that part when that dragon guy with the sword entered the house.
He is supposed to be a full grown man that is well trained and specifically came to kill someone. Then his opponent is a small kid with no training. There were just SOOO many opportunities where the dragon guy could have just sliced him. Also, why did he have to state why he was there, give his position, and speak his way through all his prey's openings is beyond me.

After that there's the issue of the main character. From what I saw he is a mary sue. Easily outshines his school companions on everything he does, easily wins competitions;

Lastly, I got that the basic idea is Tiger VS Dragon, and that the cards have powers. I still think they are too vague. Maybe the episode would have been better had it been released later in the story having some missing points already covered, instead of the pilot but that's just me.
[/quote]

i agree with you ... people need to learn how to write tv show / tv show plots / tv show episode plots MUNCH BETTER

I actually haven't watched beyond episode 1. I probably should watch a little more just for the sake of giving it a second chance. Though so far it really is not convincing because of everything I said in my previous post. I mean, I have nothing against the main character of the show surviving, but it should be surviving in a more believable way with the bad guys actually living up to what they were there to do (still talking of episode 1).

Then again, it's just the pilot so, I guess.

I find it funny in a way that only one person is updating this thread with comments about episodes after the first.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived