The "YCM and DA" United Peace Organization

Kocrow17

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow who made Dj mod?

I am clearly not a Mod, but am one of the main ppl involved in the solution.

I have been monitoring the members of DA for weeks, and have found where they discuss the YCM situations etc.

Kaze, Tkill and the others would not know of half of the information unless i informed them of it

I will gladley be a mod in the YCM Club on DA. Like you said, we'll need someone with influence on both sides.

I AM AWARE WE NEED MORE MODS. I am handling things as fast as I can. Please bear with me.

Here is what the rules thread will look like. It will be locked so that only I can post updates there. Anything I've missed?

UPDATE: February 14th 2008

i. As of February 14th 2008, the Yugioh Card Maker Forum requires you to post a disclaimer/cite-your-artwork. Due to recent events regarding the illegal use of artwork, we will be slowly adapting the forum to new rules until we are within the law, starting with this rule.

If the card artwork you’re using originated from a source other than yourself, we ask you add a disclaimer to your main post of the thread. It can be:

FORMAL:

[i do not own the artwork used for my cards. I only use them as a means of increasing the overall quality and effect of my work. I do not claim ownership of them.]

Or INFORMAL:

I don’t own these cards pics, this guy does: *insert link to DA Account*

The disclaimer will differ from member to member, though it is recommended you simply “copy & paste” the formal disclaimer.

ii. I also ask you now AT LEAST post the name of the owner of the art. If the art is from DA, most likely it will be in the pic’s title when you save it. You can either post the name with a link to their DA account in your main post, OR, add a © to the card under the Edition Section like so:

Blue-EyesEndevourDragon.jpg

No matter which you choose, you should also provide a link to the owner’s account. It shows respect to the art’s owner. If you want to go as far as to ask the artist’s permission, that would be greatly appreciated as so much conflict can be averted this way. I asked the artist’s permission for the above card, and I’m still alive.

iii. If the art’s owner visits the forum and requests that you remove the card with their art, please do so. They have the final say on what happens to their own creations. Along with the DA Members, I will be asking specific members help enforce this rule. If they ask you to abide by the rules and post a disclaimer/cite your work/add a link to the gallery/remove your card, please do. In extreme cases, if I feel your constant ignorance of the rules and/or flaming of the members warning you unnecessary, you will be banned.

What to expect in the future:

1. Tags/Stamps. We will be asking DA Members to post a tag or stamp in their profile to let YCM members know wether we can use their artwork or not. This will be much faster than having to wait for a request response.

2. New Moderators. I am making an official request to YCMaker for two new Custom Card Section Moderators to help with rule enforcement. My goal is to have one of them be a well known YCM Member and the other to be a higher ranking DA Member. This ordeal needs to be overseen by both sides.

3. This thread will also be displaying artists who are ok with us using their art freely, and those you should avoid all together.

Please direct all questions to the “YCM and DA United Peace Organization”.

I will gladley be a mod in the YCM Club on DA. Like you said' date=' we'll need someone with influence on both sides.

I AM AWARE WE NEED MORE MODS. I am handling things as fast as I can. Please bear with me.

Here is what the rules thread will look like. It will be locked so that only I can post updates there. Anything I've missed?

i. As of February 14th 2008, the Yugioh Card Maker Forum requires you to post a disclaimer/cite-your-artwork. Due to recent events regarding the illegal use of artwork, we will be slowly adapting the forum to new rules until we are within the law, starting with this rule.

If the card artwork you’re using originated from a source other than yourself, we ask you add a disclaimer to your main post of the thread. It can be:

FORMAL:

[i do not own the artwork used for my cards. I only use them as a means of increasing the overall quality and effect of my work. I do not claim ownership of them.]

Or INFORMAL:

The disclaimer will differ from member to member, though it is recommended you simply “copy & paste” the formal disclaimer.

ii. I also ask you now AT LEAST post the name of the owner of the art. If the art is from DA, most likely it will be in the pic’s title when you save it. You can either post the name with a link to their DA account in your main post, OR, add a © to the card under the Edition Section like so:

No matter which you choose, you should also provide a link to the owner’s account. It shows respect to the art’s owner. If you want to go as far as to ask the artist’s permission, that would be greatly appreciated as so much conflict can be averted this way. I asked the artist’s permission for the above card, and I’m still alive.

iii. If the art’s owner visits the forum and requests that you remove the card with their art, please do so. They have the final say on what happens to their own creations. Along with the DA Members, I will be asking specific members help enforce this rule. If they ask you to abide by the rules and post a disclaimer/cite your work/add a link to the gallery/remove your card, please do. In extreme cases, if I feel your constant ignorance of the rules and/or flaming of the members warning you unnecessary, you will be banned.

1. Tags/Stamps. We will be asking DA Members to post a tag or stamp in their profile to let YCM members know wether we can use their artwork or not. This will be much faster than having to wait for a request response.

2. New Moderators. I am making an official request to YCMaker for two new Custom Card Section Moderators to help with rule enforcement. My goal is to have one of them be a well known YCM Member and the other to be a higher ranking DA Member. This ordeal needs to be overseen by both sides.

3. This thread will also be displaying artists who are ok with us using their art freely, and those you should avoid all together.

From the POV of a DA artist, this looks great! It may be 'exrta' work for artists to ask to be put on the 'do not use' list...but if we're asking a little extra of those here, we can certainly do a little extra ourselves to help stop actions we don't like. the least, you encourage respect with this, and any who have issues with their work being used/don't even want to be asked, can simply ask to be put on the 'do not use' list instead of flipping out at people/getting annoyed at people FOR asking. And any who have pieces that can be used here...well, they don't have issues with this in the first place, so it should help avoid problems in the future far better than some sites do.

I'll post these rules later today. Anyone who wants to help enforce them can. Please wait a few hours after I post it though, you can't expect ppl to be aware of it instantly. I myself will not be enforcing the rules personally until tomorrow as I have way to much to do tonight. However, if a member is giving you trouble, contact me and I will deal with it.

What happens if you've made the cards previously' date=' and not posted them, and you cannot find the artist?

[/quote']

I guess you'll just have to use a disclaimer for now.

I will gladley be a mod in the YCM Club on DA. Like you said' date=' we'll need someone with influence on both sides.

FORMAL:

Or INFORMAL:

i always thought id make a good mod but only with spam and sig issues not with images.

What happens if you've made the cards previously' date=' and not posted them, and you cannot find the artist?

[/quote']

Well, if needs be, you can always post the cards with a request that anyone who knows the images help you find the artist alongside the disclaimer. I'm not only a stay at home mom, but I practically LIVE on DA when I'm not playing with/caring for my son or doing housework when I'm home, so you can also always PM me for help finding the image/artist so you can credit them if you're sure you got the image from DA. I'm always happy to help with things like that, and I'm getting scarily good at it.

It's better if you put them on the cards themselves.

There are afew other ways it can work

I myself ingeniously thought of a way to credit the artist without putting it directly on the card, its an ingenious way which shall be shown on my next posted card ^_^

Also as Kaze knows, i have PM'd over 30 members on the site who posts cards, and have informed them of the new rule, so it should spread and everyone should know soon ^_^

i think its time for the Azuh... one of these sites greatest card makers (ugh... i sound so selfish) to have a word on this one

instead of posting the name of the owner of the art it in the Circulation area, cant we just post them in our posts?

such as "the art used was used by "such and such"

=/

what has this site become...

and truly... if someone forgets to add someones name on there card, im kinda guessing people are gonna go skits... this is crazy

as i would like to say.. this is a great idea as i will support it... but if too much flaming goes on because a random or new guy forgot to post some guys random name into the card and gets banned for it... i wont have a bar of it

Thankyou for your time

Archived