In desperate need of Evangelion-related help

I recently decided to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. Some of you may consider this to be my first mistake. As of just now, I have finished watching all the episodes. This could be construed as my second mistake. My question is, where am I supposed to go from here? I know there's End of Evangelion and Death and Rebirth...am I supposed to watch one or both of those?

Watch End of Evangelion, which is basically how the TV series would have ended if they hadn't run out of money. Death and Rebirth can be skipped. The Rebuild series you can take or leave; I find that too much of it reduces the characters to outright stating their flaws to the camera as opposed to the more nuanced direct depictions of those flaws in the show itself, but the new movies do have some good scenes.

[quote name='機皇神龍アステリスク' timestamp='1313870891' post='5457399']
On an unrelated note, I could write a host of complaints about Gendo and SEELE.
[/quote]
Both of them were trying to destroy the world; it's a bit late to file complaints about them, no matter how badly the mass-produced Eva units fail to be OSHA-compliant.

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1313885473' post='5457995']
Both of them were trying to destroy the world; it's a bit late to file complaints about them, no matter how badly the mass-produced Eva units fail to be OSHA-compliant.
[/quote]
I sort of meant Gendo and SEELE as characters, but I suppose the habit all Evas above 02 have of exploding should be addressed.

Archived