Worst Yu-Gi-Oh! Episodes

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1313136968' post='5435433']
Well they have to allow the good guys to win don't they even if means massive mistakes. (Like in GX when Haou won the duel against Jim with 50 LPs he didn't have)
[/quote]
They have control over the duel...

And now I'm going to re-watch Haou vs. Jim.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1313158614' post='5435756']
If you see it in Japanese they make a miscalcuation of 100 LPs in I think the first episode of the duel. The dub I believe corrected it.

By mistakes I meant characters doing something stupid and not utilizing cards properly.
[/quote]
I actually just rewatched the duel (dubbed)

He starts with 4000, loses 500 from the effect of Shell Knight.
Loses (2400 - 2100 = 300) from battle with Mesozoic Something or other, going to 3200
Time Stream halves the monster's ATK (2100 -> 1050), Mesozoic Dude attacks again (2400 - 1050 = 1350), 3200 - 1350 = 1850
Pachycephalo attacks revived Avian* (1200 - 1000 = 200), 1850 - 200 = 1650
Gaia Plate attacks Lightning Golem (2800 - 2400/2 = 1600), 1650 - 1600 = 50

Unless the Japanese version gave 150 LP instead of 50, I think it's all correct.

*The Supreme King made one mistake in the duel. Fossil Hammer destroyed Malicious Edge, and let him revive a monster with a lower level. The monsters in his grave were Avian (3), Burstinatrix (3), and Inferno Wing (6). Even if Inferno Wing has the "can't be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon" clause, Burstinatrix would have had ATK tied with that of Pachycephalo.

[quote name='Darkplant - PAIN' timestamp='1313023411' post='5431864']All the episodes of GX, besides places where the plot moved. That means only 30 or so episodes.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking. Someone needs to make a GX Abridged that skips all of the fillers.

I think the one filler that stood out to me as ridiculous and unnecessary was episode 60. Just... what?

[quote name='Phantom Roxas' timestamp='1313190755' post='5437422']

This is exactly what I was thinking. Someone needs to make a GX Abridged that skips all of the fillers.

I think the one filler that stood out to me as ridiculous and unnecessary was episode 60. Just... what?
[/quote]
Hey at least it was a Duel :P Even though my hatred for Atticus grew even more after that Duel.

One Duel I hated was Jaden vs that Tennis Guy, I mean seriously?

I forgot about that one, and I wish it stayed that way. Indeed, that was even worse.

I honestly thought that the Team Taiyou duel was the best match in the WRGP, excluding the duel with the Tenors, because I actually found the team very interesting. Team Unicorn was hyped way too much and the ending to that duel was stupid, and Team Ragnarok felt like they were just there to provide the official Sacred Trio of the series. With Team Taiyou, I absolutely loved their backstory, and it's kind of sad a team with awful decks manages to be far more entertaining than a team with great decks for a reason that isn't "it's so bad it's good".

[quote name='Duck_Sauce' timestamp='1313027074' post='5432040']
I would say my least favorite episode was Jaden vs Titan in YuGiOh GX season one, but then I went back to the original YuGiOh.

Bakura vs Marik was SUCH a letdown. I wanted so much out of that, and it was basically just stalling.
[/quote]
Titan actually used a proper Deck rather then just a (One Duel Card) and he actually ran it pretty well, I thought Jaden was going to lose a few times then :P

When you think about it there was a LOT of Duels involving cards that you would never see again. Like Tyrano vs that Ra Yellow Headmaster. Cooking Ingrediants? My God.....

EDIT: Bakura vs Marik was mostly both Duellists throwing insults at each other :P Marik laughed through most of his final Duel with Yugi, hense why it was so many episodes.

[quote name='機皇神龍アステリスク' timestamp='1313185277' post='5437050']
I actually just rewatched the duel (dubbed)

He starts with 4000, loses 500 from the effect of Shell Knight.
Loses (2400 - 2100 = 300) from battle with Mesozoic Something or other, going to 3200
Time Stream halves the monster's ATK (2100 -> 1050), Mesozoic Dude attacks again (2400 - 1050 = 1350), 3200 - 1350 = 1850
Pachycephalo attacks revived Avian* (1200 - 1000 = 200), 1850 - 200 = 1650
Gaia Plate attacks Lightning Golem (2800 - 2400/2 = 1600), 1650 - 1600 = 50

Unless the Japanese version gave 150 LP instead of 50, I think it's all correct.

*The Supreme King made one mistake in the duel. Fossil Hammer destroyed Malicious Edge, and let him revive a monster with a lower level. The monsters in his grave were Avian (3), Burstinatrix (3), and Inferno Wing (6). Even if Inferno Wing has the "can't be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon" clause, Burstinatrix would have had ATK tied with that of Pachycephalo.
[/quote]

The Japanese version miscalculated. Haou was incorrectly dropped to 1950 (proper calculation is as you mentioned). Fossil Dyna had 1300 ATK in the Japanese version (the dub corrected by giving it the proper 1200). So Haou was supposed to be at 1850, took 300, then took 1600= -50.

Also, Burstinatrix was removed from Haou's grave using Fossil Fusion, so Avian was the only choice (assuming Inferno Wing was not allowed).

My least favorite episodes tend to be the ones that just weren't interesting, or the entire duel was contrived. I liked Team Taiyou's duel, but their backstory was dull as hell. Team Unicorn's last move continues to enrage me. While I liked the duel between Yugi and Noah, the rest of the arc sucked. While I liked the Orichalcos arc, the duel with Dartz was a huge exposition of Dartz's backstory mixed with insanely overpowered effects that I swear involved the game rules being changed every turn, plus Divine Serpent's defeat was nonsensical.

[quote name='~N~' timestamp='1313193130' post='5437505']
The last season of Yugio- wait what? No wait, that was the GOOD season.
[/quote]
You mean the Egyptian Arc? I'll admit it was pretty cool and great to see the Background of Atem and also seeing Kaiba in the Past. Went a little too boring at times though. Come on.... Did we really need to devote 4-5 Episodes based around Atem vs Zorc?

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1313192341' post='5437469']While I liked the Orichalcos arc, the duel with Dartz was a huge exposition of Dartz's backstory mixed with insanely overpowered effects that I swear involved the game rules being changed every turn, plus Divine Serpent's defeat was nonsensical.
[/quote]

Now that I think about it, that duel was like Yusei vs. Z-one, because after Kaiba's defeat, both duels became more of a contest between the villain summoning a god and the hero summoning a godlike monster through a mix of legendary dragons. Divine Serpent's defeat wasn't nonsensical. I actually like the mechanics near the end of the duel where both it and Dark Magician Girl were basically Deck Masters.

Now, that KC Grand Championship. [i]That[/i] was more blatant filler than the Doma saga. Why is it that I hardly hear any complaints about that arc?

Thanks evilfusion for clearing that up. This topic has to be the only time I've seen someone disagree with the common concensus.

The Egyptian arc could of done with some tweaking to make it more like the manga. (Should reread Millennium World 1-7 when I remember), although I didn't mind seeing Luster fused with BEUD.

I loved the Assasins in GX, mainly because I wanted to cry when Ryo got turned into a doll. Abidos Vs Judai now that is something I'd rather forget, even though I loved Sho picking on Manjoume at the end.

Leon Vs Rebecca was pretty weak. Vivan and Rebecca ruined that arc for me....seriously I hate fangirls, didn't mind the conflict between Stephanie, Mikage and Carly because it was funny.

Want to know the worst part of the KCGC? Nope it wasn't seeing Rex & Weevil yet again, nope it wasn't hearing Rebecca's screechy voice over and over again. I hate the way she pronounces the word Card.

It was Tea and her constant rant of "I NEED MORE FEMALE FRIENDS!" Seriously? They got bored of the whole Friendship thing for one season and gave her that lame Catchphrase?

Ziegfried was actually a all right Villian for the Arc. He had this voice that just sends shivers down your spine. Leon however was just pitiful! I hated Noah and I hated Leon because of the Same Voice. It's like the Vpice Actor never even tried to be someone different.

[quote name='機皇神龍アステリスク' timestamp='1313251335' post='5439182']

Yeah, but every duel in that arc besides Kaiba vs. Zigried is completely forgettable.
[/quote]

Agreed. The only episodes of that season I ever rewatch is Joey vs Zigfried and Kaiba vs Zigfried, and every so often I watch the one minute duel between Rex/Weevil vs Zigfried. I wonder who was the most interesting character in that season.

The Kaiba duel was literally the best thing about the entire season, because the ending was epic.

I never even liked Leon in that arc.

Leon as the final boss of the season was a joke.

I liked Joey vs. Grandpa, if only because situational decks designed to summon one card (Or as Rebecca says, "kARRdd") are really fun to watch.

The von Schroder brothers were such exaggerated rehashes of Pegasus that it's not even funny. Zigfried had the femininity, and Leon had the obsession with fairy tales, which matches up with Pegasus's Toons.

[quote name='~Burning Soul~' timestamp='1312977934' post='5429922']
neither, it was Veronica Taylor that voiced Fontaine durung that duel
[/quote]

That's what I meant. Ronnie is another term for Veronica, and I'm glad I didn't watch that. It would be like Dark Carly.

Speaking of Carly:

Years from now there will be a war between Jarly and Jina fans all over the universe.

Jina: 5d's superfans who want Jack and Mina to be together.

Jarly: 5d's superfans who want Jack and Carly to be together.

It will be a battle of which only the strong will survive.

Archived