Worst Yu-Gi-Oh! Episodes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly the filler Episodes

[Spoiler=Spoilers for the Series]
The whole Virtual World Arc featuring Noah. How I cringed at this whole Arc as a whole. I have to admit the Duel between Noah & Kaiba then Yugi was fun but other then that? Meh.

Most of the Doma Saga. Yes, i'll admit that Dartz was a pretty evil character in the Dub but most of the Season seemed rushed out. Armor Cards? Seriously?[/Spoiler]

I see the Virtual World making up for the lack of Season 0, plus it got to just the tip of the ice berg of Gozaburo's abuse of Seto. Which in the manga was shown to get physical and humilating. Doma was ok in places like Mai Vs Jonouchi, but having become a massive fan of the manga (I own all that's out from Viz currently), I don't miss it.

Some of the filler episodes like the Clock episode of 5Ds, to this day I still haven't decided to watch it.

[quote name='Ŋęѵɇᶉɱøɽᶒ' timestamp='1312987115' post='5430093']
haha, me and my best friend always hated the episode in the original series where they were boarding the boat to Pegasus's island. Why? ...because there were no duels! >.<
[/quote]
It kinda had a Duel if you include Rex being manipulated by Mai using her "Perfume Strategy"

I do agree that it was kind of pointless though.

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1312991069' post='5430224']
I skipped both Team Taiyou and Team Ragnarok (I downloaded them only for completeness), and went straight to team New World Vs Team 5Ds

Nevermore never use the word orginal incorrectly when it relates to YGO when I'm around.
[/quote]
I understand that the "Original" refers to Season 0 right? With the Yami no Games. Yugi was sadistic when he transformed in that Series lol.

Exactly, I tend to refer to him how Yugi did, Mou Hitou No Boku (I probably spelt that wrong), which is Another Me. Even with all the fillers in it that it was one series I will never moan for the fillers. (Although the Manga version was better, dunno what the Kaiba brothers were on in the manga)

[quote name='Jord200' timestamp='1312984412' post='5430042']
Team 5Ds vs Team Taiou.

All they did was stall. I skipped and went to Team Ragnarok.
[/quote]

not this. If you didn't skip the cutscenes and went straight to the duel, that strategy was all they could rely on cuz they were poor.

If anything, 5Ds vs. Unicorn was terribad.

Most of the filler episodes in all the series were basically junk (except for the Crashtown arc).

Yugioh second series anime was decent. The episodes I disliked most were Noah's Arc (pun intended), the DOMA arc, and most of the Kaiba's "Stay Rich Quick" Tournament arc (the best part was Kaiba summoning five dragons and destroying Zigfried with them).

Most of GX was filler. The main episodes I liked were those that moved along the plot, epsecially the Yubel and Supreme King plot.

The episodes of 5D's I hated were mainly the filler episodes and the ones that introduced elements of the plot that I didn't like. But since this is supposed to be talking about episodes as opposed to series, I won't go into further details. However, besides that huge block of filler episodes, I kinda didn't like the last episode due to how they didn't show Yusei's future and that Yusei and Aki didn't go further than they did.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and all flashback episodes. I don't see the point in an episode designated for flashbacks of material we saw earlier in the series. If the flashbacks are all about a character's backstory and the entire episode is designed to develop a character, I'm fine with that, but I don't remember Yugioh ever having "character development" flashback episodes, except maybe the duels between Rudger and Yusei, if those count.

[quote name='D・モバホン' timestamp='1313023568' post='5431879']

not this. If you didn't skip the cutscenes and went straight to the duel, that strategy was all they could rely on cuz they were poor.

If anything, 5Ds vs. Unicorn was terribad.
[/quote]
The worst part about it was the ending (obviously), but there were also a number of errors made in the duel. For example, Yusei wastes his Max Warrior to destroy Thunder Unicorn, when it would have removed itself from play at the End Phase. Most interesting, and less easy to spot (though I could be recalling parts of this incorrectly), is when Breo attacks Stardust with Voltic Bicorn rather than the [i]Attack Position[/i] Card Breaker with [i]100 ATK[/i]. In fact, that entire duel could be summarized as, "if Breo didn't use a mill deck, Team Unicorn would have won...even more than they already won".

Archived