Theoretical discussion: Infinite LP?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO. STOP THINKING LIKE A MIDDLE SCHOOLER AND ACCEPT DEFEAT.

Infinity is not a number' date=' it is a concept. All equations involving it are undefined.

[/quote']

well it is a concept meaning a number undefiened. but basiclly infinite - infinite equals to 0 cause both numbers cancel each other.

Come back after you've taken Pre-Calc. The relationship between two infinite values depends on the limit process by which they were derived.

According to the M:tG rules on infinate combos' date=' you must define a number for infinity. For instance, if I play a combo that gives me infinate life, I can't just say I have infinate life, I'm required to pick a specific number. That number can be whatever I choose, since my options are infinate. I could pick 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 as the number I choose to stop at, but I must stop at some number. I would assume rules for infinity would apply in the same way for Yu-gi-oh.

[/quote']

That sounds reasonable...although Airknight Parshath with 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ATK doesn't feel quite as awesome as an Airknight Parshath with unlimited ATK.

I think we can say that there are two 'infinites'. 1 is the 'Obelisk' infinite that never ends. Here we can say that [Old LP] + [infinite] - [infinite] = [Old LP]

But this Infinite does not exist in the TCG.

What does exist in the TCG are combo's which can give a monster any atk of your choice. Megamaster explained this right. And if you have offered such a monster for Mystic Wok and your opponent does a combo that gives his monster any atk of his choice, he could just give his monster a little more atk points then life points that you have.

Infinity is not a number' date=' it is a concept. All equations involving it are undefined.

[/quote']

well it is a concept meaning a number undefiened. but basiclly infinite - infinite equals to 0 cause both numbers cancel each other.

Come back after you've taken Pre-Calc. The relationship between two infinite values depends on the limit process by which they were derived.

listen, if both have a limit which will be set then the infinite minusing it will minus it equals to 0.

basiclly when you play and you get o life points but you opponents attacks you with infinite ATK you LOSE.

actually there should be a rule that if you have infinite Life Points you win.

but there is no such possibilty of it.

Where do I start?

Even with a combo like DMoC + LSoA, you can't get to infinity. all you

can do is just reach a REALLY high number. you can't get to infinity, no

matter what you try. Sure, you can go to a trillion ATK, but you just

keep going higher and higher, never reaching infinity, because infinity

isn't a number that can be reached.

[/quote']

listen, if both have a limit which will be set then the infinite minusing it will minus it equals to 0.

basiclly when you play and you get o life points but you opponents attacks you with infinite ATK you LOSE.

actually there should be a rule that if you have infinite Life Points you win.

but there is no such possibilty of it.

Stop talking about setting limits and "minusing" infinities. It's just wrong.

The limit of x^4 as x approaches infinity and the limit of x^4 + x! as x approaches infinity are both undefined; however, we can see from the method used to determine them that subtracting one from the other gives us the limit of -x! as x approaches infinity, which is itself undefined, as it approaches an infinitely negative value.

Where do I start?

Even with a combo like DMoC + LSoA' date=' you can't get to infinity. all you

can do is just reach a REALLY high number. you can't get to infinity, no

matter what you try. Sure, you can go to a trillion ATK, but you just

keep going higher and higher, never reaching infinity, because infinity

isn't a number that can be reached.

[/quote']

True, but you can approach infinity by getting as arbitrarily close to an infinite value as you wish. That's why limits are helpful in the theoretical.

the thing is there is no such thing as infinate, there are continuous loops and controlled loops. All controlled loops can only be commited once per turn and for a certain amount depicted by the controller. The continuous loops destroys the cause of the loop after the loop proves useless. This is usualy called out by a judge.

• 1 year later...

To anyone who doesn't believe in infinity:

Infinity does exist as a "replacement" for regular numbers, as well as a concept. For example, in geometry, what is the definition of a line? How would you measure its length?

Also, how would you measure the levels of gravity in the singularity of a black hole, in m/s squared?

How many digits does a repeating decimal have. Likewise, how many numbers exist between 0 and 1?

These questions cannot be answered with just our regular number line. So, it is possible for a monster to have infinite ATK/DEF.

Don't argue back at me "still, infinity is the concept of the neverending", because although infinity IS neverending, you can't say that for "neverending metres", but as a counting number, it is possible- ∞ metres.

Try not to insult the anime creators.

I'm not being wrong' date=' I'm stating my opinions and you two bash them around.

[/quote']

No one gives a **** about your opinion, since this topic is entirely about facts.

Also, although I am new to posting, please open up your mind and think clearly. Discussions don't have to be completely based on fact. Also, neither of you have real proof, solid proof that your opinion (yes, opinion) about infinity, is true. Also, that reply is also your opinion about his opinion and the entire topic. Now that is a fact.

Archived