Code Geass V.S. Death Note

I don't want to start a massive that sucks, no you suck fest but after re-watching each series in their dubbed forms rather then subbed, I started to realize that each of them are more different then I originally saw. While Code Geass is a game of large scale actions with the ability to lose and gain ground, Death Note is not an operates a lot tighter with one false move, series over Light's caught. Another one I saw was Death Note uses very few characters and capitalizes on each's personal roles to the plot, Code Geass doesn't need to do this because of the number of important characters and how much they effect the grand scheme of things ranging from Veilette's memory loss and agent in R2 as well as Kallen's actions as a loyal guard. Atmosphere-wise Its less of a decision for me as to which one I like better since Death Note as one of the best dark auras to it I have ever seen, always ominous and full of potential but Code Geass I think losses a bit of its seriousness in exchange for character in its colorful and hyper flow in contrast to the mysterious and sorrow filled anime.

Anyways if I give Code Geass a 92 out of a 100 I have to give Death Note a 94, but they are both great anime. I was wondering what are your preferences are and why.

I realized they were very different the moment Lelouch lost the battle with Cornelia. Well, that and Code Geass has more colors than a rainbow unicorn festival.

The Death Note anime suffers from a severely flubbed second half. The intricacies of Code Geass' plot are a mess, and each season has exactly one episode that irritates me - you'll know when you see them, I assure you. Personally, Code Geass is my all-time favorite anime, but I'd recommend half of Death Note over it.

Death Note has one other flaw (besides Misa), this one not exclusive to the anime. Its problem is that Light begins as an interesting character and gradually undevelops into a fairly bland narcissist. Code Geass puts its characters through so many twists that no one is under-developed (well, almost no one). Lelouch's genius on the whole seems more reasonable (Although my friends have pointed out certain possible...consequences of using the king offensively. Such as checkmate.), and the sections where he pre-records himself for conversations are actually skillfully crafted.

Archived