2 [color=#2323ff]Khalni Hydra[/color]
3 [color=#2323ff]Lead the Stampede[/color]
3 [color=#2323ff]Obstinate Baloth[/color]
2 [color=#2323ff]Vengevine[/color]
[color=#bfbfbf]Sideboard [15][/color]
[/quote]
Deck still not correct. But only 1 things wrong
Jace Beleren
Either keep it at 2 or remove them for something else. I'm sry but rules are rules.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creatures-8
4 Hedron Crab
2 Nemesis of Reason
2 Wall of Air

Instants-2
2 Archive Trap

Planeswalker-3
2 Jace Beleren
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Sorcery-16
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
2 Haunting Echoes
4 Mind Funeral
4 Tome Scour
2 Traumatize

Lands-16
4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Drowned Catacomb
4 Watery Grave
2 Underground Sea
2 Darkslick Shores

Deck total-45

4got bout jace beleren

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1314632359' post='5477247']

It will hit the ground at some point I guess...XD
[/quote]
Well if Extended more or less phases out for modern then it might not need to be.

But yea, as long as the are keeping Extended Caw will still rule.

Also, since we really don't have place to share MTG cards, this seems like a good place to post them. But since I'm if you'd rather me not I'll just post one.

Alucard, King of the Vampires
2BBB
+2: Alucard, King of the Vampires deals 1 damage to target player. Put a 1/1 black vampire token onto the battlefield
-4: Alucard, King of the Vampires deals 1 damage to target creature. That creature becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types. Gain control of target Vampire.
-9: You get an emblem with "Vampires you control get +2/+1 and have flying and lifelink.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Fortune Lady ♥' timestamp='1314759581' post='5480928']
Working on a few mtg cards, though there pop-culture. Doing my best though to make them fit the mtg world both ability wise a flavor wise.
[/quote]
Yea, pop-culture is normally a good place to start. Top down design is often straight forward since you already know the abilities of the character, you just need to get them to work in game.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1314760578' post='5480959']
Yea, pop-culture is normally a good place to start. Top down design is often straight forward since you already know the abilities of the character, you just need to get them to work in game.
[/quote]
This isn't the first time I'v made mtg cards.

Not all are done but these are what I have currently.
[spoiler=Mincraft]

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/dcbm9i.jpg[/img] [img]http://i56.tinypic.com/1rbva0.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Somew older non-pop culture cards]
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/j08w91.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/wwku9e.jpg[/IMG][/spoiler]

Cripple is a mechanic I came up with.

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1314832238' post='5482371']
I'm Bad finding pics so...Card without Image...XD

[img]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8329/goblintrademaker.png[/img]
[/quote]
Seems pretty insane if your going creature token heavy. Still a good card.

Your thoughts on mine?

[quote name='Sorin Markov' timestamp='1314838470' post='5482647']
[spoiler=Demon of the Swamp][img]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6629/demonoftheswamp.png[/img][/spoiler]
[/quote]
Nice. Just a few things:

Abilities have normal grammer, so the only thing capitalized should be First. Also, lifelink is one word.

Interesting idea, though. I'm tempted to make a card or two.

Creeper seems to good for 2 mana of any Jund Colors. Really each you force them to leave two mana untapped at all times, not to play creatures, or risked getting 3 for 1.

First Strike and Infect combo very well meaning this more or less have 7 toughness. Might want to pull the power down to 2 (matching damage dealt is nice) and power toughness to 3.

Omahon is cool.

Desert Creeper, and the Cripple mechanic as a whole is interesting, but a little two strong. Maybe don't make it -1/-1 counters since that can easily lock up the board with either player unwilling to make there creatures useless.

Trademaker is an interesting card at the very least.

Don't see how Demon of the Swamp would have Lifelink. Most of the lifelink creatures in black tend to be Vampires, or some of being that drains life for there own. Side from, good mono-black card.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1314666214' post='5478476']
Alucard, King of the Vampires
[b]2BBB[/b]
[b]4[/b]
[b]+2: Alucard, King of the Vampires deals 1 damage to target player. Put a 1/1 black vampire token onto the battlefield[/b]
[b]-4: Alucard, King of the Vampires deals 1 damage to target creature. That creature becomes a Vampire in addition to its other types. Gain control of target Vampire.[/b]
[b]-9: You get an emblem with "Vampires you control get +2/+1 and have flying and lifelink.[/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1314848383' post='5483094']
[i]Creeper seems to good for 2 mana of any Jund Colors. Really each you force them to leave two mana untapped at all times, not to play creatures, or risked getting 3 for 1.[/i]

[i]First Strike and Infect combo very well meaning this more or less have 7 toughness. Might want to pull the power down to 2 (matching damage dealt is nice) and power toughness to 3.[/i]

[i]Omahon is cool.[/i]

[i]Desert Creeper, and the Cripple mechanic as a whole is interesting, but a little two strong. Maybe don't make it -1/-1 counters since that can easily lock up the board with either player unwilling to make there creatures useless.[/i]

Trademaker is an interesting card at the very least.

Don't see how Demon of the Swamp would have Lifelink. Most of the lifelink creatures in black tend to be Vampires, or some of being that drains life for there own. Side from, good mono-black card.
[/quote]
Bold:
the 2+ seems fair enough.
The -4............ehh not really sure it's fair or not so i won't say anything.
the -9 it's a perment ability which means you'll never have to use it again once you get it. That said, it'd take 3 turns to get to it and after which it'll be left at 1 so yeah it should be fair enough.

Ital:
I'll remove Infect then.

Well..........I had to match up the creepers kamikaze effect and then craft it into an ability fitting of mtg. I guess I can drop the no blocking cost to 1 and remove the damage to creature part. and have yourself dealt 3-5 damage.

Thanks

Well as you should already be able to tell it's powerful yes but the weaker the creature that is attacks or blocks the less cripple will hurt that creature. And Cripple is only a support type ability. In no way would itself be able to hurt the opponents life. But on the -1/-1 counters, what do you think I should do to replace them?

What do you guys think of flavor for the minecraft cards?

it is interesting:
My thoughts on cards
[b]Crepper:[/b] Basicly what Flame said...is is cheaply costed...but forces the opponent to try to avoid being 3x1'd...which can be to much pressure for removal lacking decks in the early turns...also card's Mana cost allowa to be played in many decks...XD
[b]The Spider Guy:[/b] Iffy at the combo of (Infect + First Strike + damage dealing effect)...thing can easily kill anything at any given time...OUCH
[b]Vampiwalker:[/b] Pretty much is quite fair...mmm I'm not sure on the -4 abilty thought...I mean...sure Bolas can play the permanent Mind control...on its own...but this either kills stuff or add it to your army...My thought...is...Choose One...
[b]SwampDemon:[/b] First Strike, is an ability many people sems to use bad...for flavour doesn't work with this card...not to meantion that the First Strike + Deathtouch Combo is a serious Killer in a creature with variable Strengh as this...

Those were my 2 cents

Also: New Card

[img]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2479/sealofvictory.png[/img]

Messed up a little in the OCG but you may understand it...XD

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1314893156' post='5484090']
it is interesting:
My thoughts on cards
[b]Crepper:[/b] Basicly what Flame said...is is cheaply costed...but forces the opponent to try to avoid being 3x1'd...which can be to much pressure for removal lacking decks in the early turns...also card's Mana cost allowa to be played in many decks...XD
[b]The Spider Guy:[/b] Iffy at the combo of (Infect + First Strike + damage dealing effect)...thing can easily kill anything at any given time...OUCH
[b]Vampiwalker:[/b] Pretty much is quite fair...mmm I'm not sure on the -4 abilty thought...I mean...sure Bolas can play the permanent Mind control...on its own...but this either kills stuff or add it to your army...My thought...is...Choose One...
[b]SwampDemon:[/b] First Strike, is an ability many people sems to use bad...for flavour doesn't work with this card...not to meantion that the First Strike + Deathtouch Combo is a serious Killer in a creature with variable Strengh as this...

Those were my 2 cents

[/quote]

.............Question, so this makes a copy of itself and thus gets it's effect correct? So while it does cost much technically you could win the turn you play this if you had some kind of infa mana engine.

Yep...actually the effect is a 2 parter everytime it activates:
FIRST: It creates a copy of Itself (The copy is an enchanment, named Seal of Victory...and has SoV's effect as well)
SECOND: Once a Cpoy enters the Battlefield, the one copy that creates the clone...checks up for the number of SoV's in play...and grants you victory if you happen to have the needed amount of copies by then.

[quote name='♥ D.A._Fortune Lady ♥' timestamp='1314878781' post='5483794']
Bold:
the 2+ seems fair enough.
The -4............ehh not really sure it's fair or not so i won't say anything.
the -9 it's a perment ability which means you'll never have to use it again once you get it. That said, it'd take 3 turns to get to it and after which it'll be left at 1 so yeah it should be fair enough.

[/quote]
I left him with 1 counter so once you go ult you'll continue to make Vamps to get the bonus. This way even if the deck plays no Vampires you can still get decent milage out of the ult. Also why I made it take 3 turns, this way you should have a decent number of Vamps on the field, even if it is just with his effect.

The 1 counter also make the -4 a mini ult to keep building up to, so I wanted to push the effect as much as possible. If it is too strong is another question, but with Mind Control being a 5 mana uncommon, a 5 mana stealing effect at mythic should you keep the creature for good right?

[quote name='♥ D.A._Fortune Lady ♥' timestamp='1314878781' post='5483794']

Well..........I had to match up the creepers kamikaze effect and then craft it into an ability fitting of mtg. I guess I can drop the no blocking cost to 1 and remove the damage to creature part. and have yourself dealt 3-5 damage.

Thanks

Well as you should already be able to tell it's powerful yes but the weaker the creature that is attacks or blocks the less cripple will hurt that creature. And Cripple is only a support type ability. In no way would itself be able to hurt the opponents life. But on the -1/-1 counters, what do you think I should do to replace them?

What do you guys think of flavor for the minecraft cards?
[/quote]
Yea, that seems better.

Yea, your right. While I was thinking to make it normal damage it wouldn't work as well. At this point, I think the card would need to be played to see how good or bad it is.

The flavor is cool.

[quote name='The suppression PLUTO' timestamp='1314893156' post='5484090']

[/quote]
Nice alt win card. I like.

Wait, how didn't I see this before?

YCM Username: Niv-Mizzet
Favorite MTG Color: Blue, with Red as a close second.
Favorite MTG Deck Type: Currently, anything aggro. When I started, artifact control. After Innistrad's release? Probably Zombie Tribal or MBC.
Do you play MTG, and if so, how long have you played it?: One year.
Do you consider yourself good at it?: Very.

Archived