Death Note Ending Reaction

So what was your reaction to watching the ending of Death Note? My first time through I was like "WTF, that is F@&! stupid! You expect Light to pull another one out when he starts laughing histerically but he just goes mental, hated it." However 2nd time through I got to thinking, "Technically, Light lost to L. In that the idea of L. Remained alive and had the final move on Light through Near and Mello, i am dissapointed that the show ended early, but in the end it wasn't the worst type of ending that could have happened and the fact that the 2 were working together to beat Light was good, especially since Near admitted alone they couldn't do it."

What was your reaction 1st and later times through watching the ending?

Light going mental was completely logical. After all, he had been killing people off for FOUR YEARS, EVERY SINGLE DAY. Anyone would go insane from that.

It was the only way Death Note could end, although I admit that Near and Mello could have done a better [i]logical[/i] investigation job. L was logical, but they made conclusions off the bat without absolute proof.

It was a logical conclusion, and I could see Light going mad before I saw it, he'd gotten away with it for so long and underestimated the threat Mello and Near had posed all along, the pincer movement. They chipped away repeatedly until they had the nose around his neck.

I agree with Manzo, Near made a few random guesses that were coincidently right, however I liked the ending and Light havin the flash backs of when he was an innocent teenager with a dream of "perfect justice" really sad and beautiful ending.

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1309178967' post='5314353']
You probably are. Anyhow post it for us again =D.
[/quote]
Well I tried but apparently the "of the" part of my username doesn't let me search through my past posts anymore so it'll have to be done by moderator. It was either in the "Death Note Anime/Manga" thread by me or something. It was in a Death note thread for sure.

[quote name='Darkplant - PAIN' timestamp='1309003826' post='5309406']
Guys, the whole concept of Death Note is how stupid the idea of killing off crimininals is. If Light won, it wouldn't work that way.
[/quote]

Well I disagree, its not that the idea is stupid. The whole ending wraps up the entire idea of 1 perfect student, good in every way... finds a notebook, it resembles how easily a good idea and good intentions can be corrupted, and how it can ruin the purest of souls.

[quote name='Blood Rose' timestamp='1309015385' post='5309678']
He underestimated the impact Mello's action had and underestimated Mikami's desire to please.
[/quote]

^This. Light was epic to the core and I was a supporter of his and I was so happy when L died, I was like, "YEAH HE DID IT!" then I saw 12 more episodes... Light indeed lost to this but it seems like Mello's actions were timed so perfectly, after the set date and before the warehouse that it seems a little like dues ex machina was going on.

Archived