The Best Anime Quotes

From any Anime, what were your favourite quotes? Somehting that touched you, something that you feel may have had an impact on your life or given you perspectives about certain things, anything?

One Piece:
Ace (As a kid): "Gramps, do you think I should really have been born?"
Garp: "That's something, you will see as you live..."

One Piece:
Luffy: "I'm...your little brother!"

One piece:
Whitebeard: "Was I a good father?..."

Naruto:
Sasuke: "What the hell are you?!"
Naruto: "I'm your friend!"

Naruto:
Naruto: "I'd rather die a fool"

Naruto:
Jirayia: "I know a title...The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki"

Naruto:
Sasuke: "Why Naruto....Why do you go so far for me?..."
Naruto: "Because I've never had a bond like this before..."

Naruto:
Lee: "I keep trying but I think all the effort is pointless."
Guy: "All the effort it pointless...If you don't believe in yourself."

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."

-Alphonse Elric

"Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what colour it was."

-C.C.

"Possibly humans can exist without actually having to fight. But, many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future then what sort of future is it and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

-Lacus Clyne

"If I were the rain that bind together the earth and sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind the hearts of people together?"

-Inoue Orihime

Dominion Tank Police:
Red Commando: Listen apeface, the Tank Police aint gettin in my hair! That picture goes with me.
Lt. Britain: [to Red Leader] The ape that knows he is one has attained true wisdom, thus sayeth the Lord.
Chaplain: Right on!
Lt. Britain: [to Red Leader] I'll CASTRATE YOU, a******!

Dominion Tank Police:
Al: I wish there was something we could have done to save here?
Chaplain: Take not this burden upon thyself.
Al: If it was the Lieutenant they had taken as a hostage, I guess I could live with that...
Lt. Britain: Gee thanks...
Al: ...but not Leona!
Lt. Britain: Listen kid, I've been real patient but now you better go.
Chief Of Police: Back off. I'll tell you if they had taken YOU as a hostage, I would'nt lose much sleep.
Lt. Britain: What? You really mean that, chief? Right then, I quit!
Lt. Britain: [to cheering crowd] Okay maybe I'll git but I'm gonna take you bastards with me!

Dominion Tank Police:
The Chief: I resent that! It was you politicians who gave us surgeons those tanks in the first place. Besides, nowadays, tanks are about as effective as toothpicks.
Mayor: Toothpicks? Well if tanks are no better than toothpicks, what would you propose to help the police in fighting crime?
The Chief: I'm glad you asked me that. I would'nt mind replacing my guns with tactical nuclear weapons.
Mayor: Nuclear weapons?
Mayor: Nuclear weapons could have stopped wars as the had done, they should be able to stop criminals. Though I'm no pessimist, I don't think we can ever get rid of crime completely.
Mayor: Chief, you cannot be serious?
Mayor: Deadly serious. It was you politicians who gave us the tanks and told us to fight the bad guys. We can argue over whether the law that set us up, was a good one or not, but the laws the law and no we're here. We're right at the sharp end in the fight against crime and if you want law and order, I've only got one thing to say : If you want us to zap em, GIVE US MORE TANKS! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? THIS IS WAAR AND THE TANK POLICE AND IN FRONTLINE!

Dominion Tank Police:
Brenten: That clever dick doc, talkin' all that medical crap. How was I suppose to know what he was going on about?
Megane: It's slightly simpler once you realise that all of us living under the bacterial cloud have, to some extent, been poisoned by it. And speaking medically, we're all pretty poor specimens.
Brenten: I'm no specimen and I feel just fine. Are you saying that the quack was telling us that we're seriously sick? He stood there. Bragging. About how he only treats healthy people who don't need him in the first place. If doctors are only going to treat healthy people, then the police should go robbing banks!
Brenten: [Brenten thinks for a moment] ... Let's go rob a bank. I've wanted to rob one for years but I've kept myself pure but tonight, the day has come!

[quote name='Crab Helmet' timestamp='1302052229' post='5117462']
"Normally, those people would never wake up from their fantasy worlds. They live meaningless lives. They waste their precious days over nothing. No matter how old they get, they'll continue to say, "My real life hasn't started yet. The real me is still asleep, so that's why my life is such garbage." They continue to tell themselves that. They continue. And they age. Then die. And on their deathbeds, they will finally realize: the life they lived was the real thing. People don't live provisional lives, nor do they die provisional deaths. That's a simple fact! The problem... is whether they realize that simple fact." - Tonegawa, [i]Kaiji[/i]
[/quote]

"That ... I ... I reject you, and I reject everything you believe. Why do people lie, it isn't only because they struggle against each other, it's also because there is something that they're seeking. You now want a world without change. How stagnant, you could hardly call it life. The same as a world of memories, just a world that's closed and completed, that's a place I wouldn't want to live in. But forcing your good intentions on others is no different from an evil act."
-Lelouch Vi Britannia

Slayers:
Lina: "He's dazzled by my beauty, no doubt. He shouldn't be surprised. If there's one thing I have confidence in, it's my looks. My big round eyes my cute little face, this perfectly proportioned, extra-petit little body. He sighs with longing."
Gourry: "Oh great, it's a kid."
Lina: "WHAT?!"
Gourry: "I thought I was saving a babe, a luscious damsel in distress. Not some flat chested little girl."

Yu-gi-oh 5d's:
Jack: "You can write whatever you want for your interview."
Carly: "I decided not to publish the article. If I did that would give the people of New Domino City an excuse to point fingers and I don't wanna be a part of that."
Carly (thinking): "Maybe we both learned something about who we truly are."

Battle Skippers:
Saori: "I hate you Shihoko."
Shihoko: "I'm beginning to hate myself."

In the eyes of the weak, everyone is strong. But I am truly strong. Shinku, Rozen Maiden

Oh come on, we just got here! I'm gonna smack you if you keep whining! Kurumu, Rosario Vampire

Little boy, this is despair. Turn end. Aporia, Yugioh 5ds

"Beat the crap out of." What does this mean? Nia, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Yugioh 5Ds:
This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia

[quote name='The tripping MERCURY' timestamp='1308311420' post='5289736']
Yugioh 5Ds:
This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia
[/quote]

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in ME who believes in you!!!"

-Kamina

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

-Himura Henshin

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."

-Spike Spiegel

"When you close your eyes and look at the world, what do you see?"

-Lenalee Lee

[i]"Death is my companion. The world is my dominion. And one day when the crows begin picking at me, I'll be waiting for you at the elm palace"[/i]

-Barragan Luisenbarn

[i]"Nothing in the world can be made without sacrifices. But if we produce casualties, what good does that make? What kind of bloody hell is that? We refer to that hell as the world."[/i]

-Tia Harribel

[i]"Why do I have to fight with such a strong guy? I envied the weak ones. The souls of everyone in our group of friends wasted away and disappeared just from being around us. From loneliness we divided our soul in two. We don't know which was the original, or maybe it was neither of us. It's just that there was no other way to escape from the loneliness. I envied the weak ones. If you're weak, then you can gather in as large a group as you want. I want to become weak and if that's not possible, then I at least want to make friends that are as strong as me."[/i]

-Coyote Stark

"Every time you and I connect with each other, a little bit of heart is born between us. Heart isn't something inside you. But whenever you think, whenever you remember someone, that's when heart is born. If you were the only one alive in the whole world, heart wouldn't exist now, would it?"

-Kaien Shiba

Gundam 0079:
"I haven't even been hit by my dad!"

Gundam 0079:
"We have lost a hero to our glorious and noble cause, but does this foreshadow our defeat? No. It is a new beginning. Compared to Earth Federation the military resources of Zeon is less than one thirtieth of theirs. Despite this major difference, how is it that we have been able to fight the fight for so long? It is because our goal in this war is a righteous one. It’s been over fifty years since the elite of the Federation, consumed by greed began a war against our blessed empire! Never forget the times when the Federation has trampled us! We, the blessed children of God almighty, have had a long and arduous struggle to achieve glory for our great nation. Our fight is sacred, our cause divine. The war is at a stalemate. Perhaps many of you have become complacent.

The Federation has polluted our most cherished systems for merely the sake of their own greed! We must send them a message, but not composed of words. We have wasted too much time with words. We need action now. The Earth elite must be taught a strong lesson for their evil corruption. This is only the beginning of our war. We have been putting more and more money into our efforts towards making our military stronger than ever. The Federation has done the same.

Many of your fathers and brothers have perished valiantly in the face of a contemptible enemy. We must never forget what the Federation has done to our people! These Brave men have shown us these virtues through their own valiant sacrifice. By focusing our anger and sorrow, we are finally in a position where victory is within our grasp, and once again, our most cherished nation will flourish. Victory is the greatest tribute we can pay those who sacrifice their lives for us! Rise, our people, Rise! Take your sorrow, and turn it into anger! Zeon thirsts for the strength of its people! SEIG ZEON!"

G Gundam:
Master Asia: The School of the Undefeated of the East!
Domon: The winds of Kings!
Master Asia: Zenshin!
Domon: Keiretsu!
Master Asia: Tempa Kyouran!
Domon & Master Asia: LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!!

[quote name='Darkplant - PAIN' timestamp='1308305186' post='5289616']
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaoy1QKxGQs[/youtube]

[b]Thread owned.[/b]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x128/dargonxtc/Screen%20Shots/DominionOva.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Half Vamp Riku..!' timestamp='1308356672' post='5291251']
"The only one's who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed" -Lelouch Lamperouch
[/quote]

"Those who shoot must be prepared to get SHOT!"

-Zero

"Hello everyone, if you could please all kindly kill yourselves."

-Euphemia li Britannia

"A Mulberry's a tree, Kuwabara's a man. And I'll prove it. We all have to die when are time comes but if we do our duty we don't got regrets! So taste a little peace of my sword Toguro!"
- Kazuma Kuwabara in Yu Yu Hakusho

"Abandon your fear. Look forward. Move forward and never stop. You'll age if you pull back. You'll die if you hesitate."
- Zangetsu in Bleach

"Ichigo, what's the difference between a king and his horse? I don't mean kiddy s*** like 'One's a person's and one's an animal' or 'One has two legs and one has four.' If their form, ability and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the king and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the king?! There's only one answer. Instinct! In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power they need to become king, they must search for more battles and power! They thirst for battle, and live to mercilessly, crush, shred, and slice their enemies! Deep, deep within our body lies the honed instinct to kill, and slaughter our enemies! But you don't have that! You don't have those pure, base instincts! You fight with your brain. You try to defeat your enemies with logic! And it doesn't work! You're trying to cut them with a sheathed sword! That's why you're weaker than me, Ichigo!"
- Hollow Ichigo in Bleach

"Nothing personal, just revenge."
- Afro in Afro Samurai

"I want Rei... GIVE HER BACK!"
- Shinji Ikari in Evangelion 2.0 You can (not) Advance

There's a bunch of lines in One Piece that are quotable but would lose value if taken out of the moment. It's honestly one of the most touching anime I have ever seen; honestly, if you care about extreme emotional situations and facing adversity One Piece is an absolute must-watch.

"All men…are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That's why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is! What became of the EU, who claimed that all are equal? It is in constant conflict because its tenets go against human nature! The Middle Eastern Federation, which harbors similar sentiments, is constantly mired with sloths! But our Britannia is not like them! We put an end to wars and evolve with every conquest! Britannia alone looks forward and moves forward to a better future! The death of my son Clovis is yet more proof that our empire is evolving. Fight! For the future rests in the hands of its ruler! ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!!!!"

-Emperor Charles zi Britannia

"A German Man"
[color="#FF0000"]"A Japanese Man"[/color]
[color="#2E8B57"]"And an Italian Man"[/color]
"All [color="#FF0000"]go[/color] [color="#2E8B57"]out[/color] for [color="#FF0000"]dinner"[/color]
"A[color="#FF0000"]f[/color][color="#2E8B57"]t[/color]e[color="#FF0000"]r[/color][color="#2E8B57"]w[/color]a[color="#FF0000"]r[/color][color="#2E8B57"]d[/color]s[color="#FF0000"]![/color]"
"The German Man figures out how the three of them can pay the bill evenly"
[color="#FF0000"]"The Japanese Man prepares to pay for the whole bill"[/color]
[color="#2E8B57"]"The Italian Man thinks of a way to thank the two for paying the bill!... Grazie!"[/color]
-Hetalia
Germany,[color="#FF0000"] Japan [/color],and [color="#2E8B57"]Italy[/color]

[b]Setsuna:[/b] Why! Why haven't you fall into paradise?

[b]Adam Blade:[/b] "Look over there! (Starts pointing the fallen girls around)Little Girl!(Mio) Little Girl!(Kuchinashi)Little Girl!(Seto)Little Girl!(Solva)...Well, I guess she's s little girl(Eve)...and that's the most little Girl(Disk)...Paradise?
I'm already in paradise!"

also
Adam Blade's explanation of the theory of Evolution

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS87wkcE0NU&feature=related[/media][/center]

[size="1"]"Whatever happens, happens."

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."

"Be fluid, like water."

―Spike Spiegel

"And you will shed tears of scarlet."
While holding a sword to some an old guys eye lids.

"You should see yourself. Do you have any idea what you look like right at this moment Spike? ("What?") A ravenous beast. The same blood runs through both of us, the blood of a beast that wanders, hunting for the blood of others. ("I've bled all that kind of blood away") Then why are you STILL ALIVE?!
- Vicious

ED-"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe..."
Hex-"This is either an idiot or a genius! I like this fellow...!"

Dr. Londes: "Do you want to know what the greatest and also the worst device that humans ever invented? It's television! Television controls people by bombarding them with information until they lose their sense of reality. Now television itself has become the new religion. Television has created a people who believe instantly in dramatic fantasies who can be controlled by tiny dots of light."

"Since then, I have seen the past in one eye, and the present in the other. I had believed that what I saw was not all of reality..."

"This is... a dream....." [/size]

Archived