Top 5 Most Violent Anime of all Time

I can't really say what most violent are as i've only read/watched limited amount of anime/manga.

but yea out of what i can think of off the top of my head

Elfen lied is violent but more gory (manga is way more violent than anime)

i would say High school of the Dead is semi-violent, but its just basic survival type manga

Cage of eden is guess could work into this as its also a survival type manga with people being killed/eaten, but doesn't seem that violent imo

Umineko and Higurashi are not really violent...(only read mangas) they work with the psychological horror. Yes there is extreme gore, toture, etc. but its not really that violent

Aside from the physical violence in Umineko exerted toward the characters, there's also the psychological violence toward the readers. I recall one scene from the manga where Beatrice is overlooking a pool of blood on the floor, and then proceeds to chant something. The pool then [b]reanimates[/b] into Battler, who remembers being [b]torn to shreds[/b] and [b]reduced to nothing but a bloody mess[/b]. It's heavily implied that the same thing happens again at the end of the scene.

Hmm...good question...For my picks, the defination of "Violence" has a lot meanings when it comes down to ratings and ectera. With that being said, I think I'll break down my choices into different categories:

[b]The type of violence that is just pure mindless "Beat em' ups"[/b]

- DragonBall & DragonBall Z series Uncut
(If you think about it, you generally have guys killing each other, limbs falling apart and planets pretty much being destroyed.)

- Masters of Matrial Hearts
(The title my sound cool, but it's pretty much about a group of some pretty hot anime babes with the same curvy figures who duke it out in their underwear, fighting for some jewl that grants them any wish. If you lose, your are sold as a certain "S" Slave and into Human Traficing, while your wish is granted if you win.)

[b]The type of violence that a lot of people just die at once[/b]

-Death Note
(If you watch Death Note -either live action movie, anime or manga, you'll see what I mean.)

[b]The type of violence that is just...well, violent[/b]

- The AniMatrix
(OMG!!! I'm suprised that no one mentioned this)

- Akira
(My last choice for violent anime, is the movie "Akira." What made the movie so good and violent, was it was not just the main characters getting hurt or killed, a lot of innocent people got in the way. Like, I remember this one scene where this one girl part of the biker gang was jumped by rival biker gang and was nearly raped. Then, near the end of the movie, she dies when she gets caught in her semi-boyfriend's massive belly [size="1"](<---long story)[/size]. Just a lot of violence of any kind)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe NO ONE has even mentioned Neon Genesis: Evangelion. Not only was it violent, but it has a touch of psychological warfare. Even "Life & Death of Evangelion" was a violent one. Can you think of anyone except Shinji who revives someone JUST to choke them back to death?

[quote name='D・モバホン' timestamp='1310835729' post='5360600']
I can't believe NO ONE has even mentioned Neon Genesis: Evangelion. Not only was it violent, but it has a touch of psychological warfare. Even "Life & Death of Evangelion" was a violent one. Can you think of anyone except Shinji who revives someone JUST to choke them back to death?
[/quote]

i've seen the first 14 episodes Neon Genesis Evangelion, and its not that bad, and i'm 12 years old!

Archived