Anime/Manga & Society

Note: If you are going to simpily hate on 4K!DS them for no reason, don't post. I hate 4K!DS too, but atleast I elaborate, I would like you to do the same.

Yes, this is pretty much the same as that thread in Video Games titled "Video Games and Society"

My Rant is about Censorship:

Don't try to make a Anime aimed at Teens and Adults for Children, It won't work. A perfect example of this is the 4K!DS dub of One Peice. Heck, some jabroniy Soccer Mom got Invader Zim taken off Cartoon Network because it was "Too scary" Yes, Invader Zim. A Cartoon aimed for Children. My Next Complaint is the HORRIBLE Editting with Yugioh 5D's, what happened there? Please, Go Watch Jack Atlas Vs Dark Signer Carly, tell me how many times Junk Synchron shows up in that episode when It shouldn't even be there. If a Anime is for Teens and Adults, don't censor it to turn it into a Children's Saturday Morning Cartoon. 4K!DS completely Ruined Yugioh 5D's to the point I'm ashamed of what they did. Who do I want to Pick up Yugioh 5D's? Vizmedia, they Dubbed Death Note(One of the only animes where I actually like the dub over the sub) and they also Dub the Yugioh Manga series. That way, they'd restore Yugioh 5D's to what it should be.

Errr... no offense, but Yugioh is indeed for children. (By children I mean kids aged like 12-15 or something, not that it can't be enjoyed by others.)

Anyway, Yugioh is in no way for adults. Also, Yugioh doesn't really need to have any swearing in it, you can write good dialogue without it. >_>

But yes, the westernization is unnecessary, and Viz would do a lot better than 4kids.

Guest Sabotage

@ADHD: the age range you posted is Pre-Teen to Teens, so it is indeed for Teens, not kids.

In any case, this thread doesn't seem to be about society at all. It's just disguised 4Kids hate.

And a bad disguise at that.

Guest ♥ D.A._ϯɨå Håʀʀɨbel ♥

ummmmmmmmm "Invader ZIM" was for kids but you can tell that a bit of it was influenced by JtHM. If you don't know what that is its a comic that was aimed at teens-(adults, maybe) which was interestingly enough created by the same person.

Archived