Deadman Wonderland

Honestly, the beginning to so messed up that I don't even want to spoil that for you, so here is a summary that does not spoil the beginning too much:

Ten years have passed since the Great Tokyo Earthquake, and the people's memories of the disaster have faded. Ganta Igarashi, a middle school evacuee, has finally begun to live a normal life...that is, until the day 'Red Man' appears at his school and Ganta's fate is changed forever. Ganta, although innocent, is sentenced to death due a crime committed by this Red Man and is sent to the bizarre prison known as 'Deadman Wonderland,' which acts as a theme park where visitors watch the prisoners perform the shows.

Very brutal show/manga, but very good overall. I highly recommend it.

The word "Wonderland" always gets me curious :lol:
What can I say, just finished watching the first 3 episodes of the anime (have to wait at least 1 more month for the manga to hit German bookstores), and by god, I think it's the best anime that appeared in the last time... not that I'm a benchmark for that, but I loved Ergo Proxy, and this kind of reminds me of it.
That absolutely weird, unsettled premise, a hell of an opening, quirky characters... it just has everything to be great :D Thanks for the hint ;)

Archived