Next to Granmarg, Mobius is the worst Monarch.

I don't see Zaborg or Mobius getting much use anymore, with the release of Caius. There just aren't many situations where Zaborg would be more useful. Caius removes the card from play, so it can't be subject to recursion. Caius can also target Spells/Traps. Do you see Zaborg or Mobius being used at all in the future? I'm not sure I do. Caius can even do some considerable burn damage, though he wouldn't be played for that reason.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chaos Pudding

I don't see Zaborg or Mobius getting much use anymore' date=' with the release of Caius. There just aren't many situations where Zaborg would be more useful. Caius removes the card from play, so it can't be subject to recursion. Caius can also target Spells/Traps. Do you see Zaborg or Mobius being used at all in the future? I'm not sure I do. Caius can even do some considerable burn damage, though he wouldn't be played for that reason.

[/quote']

This is true. Caius totally outclasses Zaborg in almost every way. It is harder to compare Mobius and Caius, but there really isn't any reason to, as future Monarch builds will probably be 3 Raiza/3 Caius with some Thestalos in the Side Deck.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I would run 18-gauge monarchs... for the lulz. (Raiza' date=' Thestalos, Zaborg, Mobius, Caius and Kreis all x3.)

[/quote']

Good luck with that.

I don't see Zaborg or Mobius getting much use anymore, with the release of Caius. There just aren't many situations where Zaborg would be more useful. Caius removes the card from play, so it can't be subject to recursion. Caius can also target Spells/Traps. Do you see Zaborg or Mobius being used at all in the future? I'm not sure I do. Caius can even do some considerable burn damage, though he wouldn't be played for that reason.

Most definitely; none would argue Caius > Zaborg. Caius is anti-PTDN, anti-future-meta.

• 6 months later...

Archived