Next to Granmarg, Mobius is the worst Monarch.

that is true, but where I live, no one has really the good chains, like rug etc

which is why I prefer Mobius over Zaborg at the moment....

Then go enlighten them with this newfound knowledge.

Mobius is excellant because if you elimated cards that counters Mobius' effect, then Mobius then activates it's effect.

i c wut u did thar

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed' date=' mind expansion is unnecessary.[/quote']

K. That's totally not admitting to ignorance and/or being close-minded.

I agree...

Very good point by KA.

If you're playing at a local level, a lot of the rules change. Cards that are usually good can be bad. and vice-versa.

owned xD

I don't think you want to side with him.

Now that was a completely useless comment. This isn't some peer pressure competition. People side with those they agree with.

I also happen to agree with you that Monster Destruction is more useful, but you don't have to be so rude. And no, the comment would be just as bad in my eyes if someone with many posts had put it up.

With some of the comments you made in this thread, you're walking a very fine line here. Flaming is not needed.

As for the subject at hand, Mobius does provide good advantage, if his effect activates optimally. Now, this is a pretty big if. Most played Spells/Traps are chainable or not put on the field. At one point, his effect was good. Now, his effect is still good, but is more side-deck material than main-deck material.

Zaborg's effect, on the other hand, is far harder to counter, and far more likely to result in a direct attack. His effect is just useful in more situations. I do, however, expect to see him almost completely replaced by Caius. I also think that Caius will replace Mobius in the rare situations that he is used. It is quite a possibility that Caius will supplant Raiza in some decks, though Raiza will still see much use. If you haven't noticed, I think that Caius is pretty cheap. I do hope that we see him limited next list. Possibly Raiza too, though I find a semi more likely. Monarchs can be competed against, but I find them to be a little too predominantly used.

Calling him ignorant might start a catalyst to stop this closed-mindedness' date=' but that's just wishful thinking.

The way I see it, he's basically saying, "oh I don't care if you're right, I don't want to change my thinking". Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the literal definition of ignorance.

Same goes for everyone else in this topic; if you feel you have a different view on this and it can be viably supported, express it.

And it's not the sheer amount of S/T removal, but rather the type of S/T played.

[/quote']

Stop quoting without context plz.

But yeah, I don't feel like defending him.

While I admit that the one about mental capacity was funny, neither of those quotes' context made them horribly appropriate. While your comments may be accurate, as I do agree that he is being close-minded, I am simply reminding you to be wary of how far you go. I never said you were flaming, I just said that you were getting close. Not to mention, I don't think the people of this forum are too happy about the people from your board. They might be a bit trigger-happy with the ban cannon.

You cannot deny that that comment wasn't meant to inflame. But you haven't gone to far yet' date=' and this is not the place for such discussion. Let us continue in our argument over the Monarchs.

[/quote']

You can't really argue the monarchs without getting into their effect and the advantages they provide. (since their stats are identical, and only... I believe Zaborg, is one level lower then the others.)

It's rude to point out faults/mistakes?

Depending on your tone.

I'm sorry if I don't believe in the whole "everyone is correct' date=' no one is wrong" philosophy.[/quote']

It's a great philosophy. Everyone is always right, it's wonderful ^^.

You cannot deny that that comment wasn't meant to inflame. But you haven't gone to far yet' date=' and this is not the place for such discussion. Let us continue in our argument over the Monarchs.

[/quote']

You can't really argue the monarchs without getting into their effect and the advantages they provide. (since their stats are identical, and only... I believe Zaborg, is one level lower then the others.)

I know, I was saying that we should get back to the discussion of their effects, rather than continuing to discuss what I perceived as rudeness on Gravitize Me's part.

And no Gravitize, I was not saying that it is rude to point out other's faults, I was saying that you should be careful in the way you do, as it can easily be perceived as an insult.

It's rude to point out faults/mistakes?

Depending on your tone.

I'm sorry if I don't believe in the whole "everyone is correct' date=' no one is wrong" philosophy.[/quote']

It's a great philosophy. Everyone is always right, it's wonderful ^^.

1: How do you detect tone over text?

2: So... if two people provide two entirely contrasting views, then they are both right?

With Zaborg, you'll pretty much know what you're getting; Thestalos is a gamble in that may or may not pull its weight. Discard a CCV and suddenly it's a lot better than both Caius and Raiza, discard a Frog and suddenly Granmarg doesn't seem that bad afterall. Also, Thestalos is almost always playable, whereas Zaborg is somewhat dependent on your opponent's field presence.

Archived