Anime and You!

Earlier today, I was taking to a friend of mine about H.O.T.D. She said, "It's anime like Highschool Of the Dead that ruin the reputation of Anime. Nothing but large breasted young women!" I think that that [b]is[/b] the reputation of Anime since most of the early anime were for adult audiences anyway. Back then, children in Japan didn't have time to sit and watch TV. What's your opinion on the matter? :0

I see both points, but kinda think that its true. Lately, MOST of the anime I've seen has some type of fan-service like panty scenes, ecchi stuff, big breasted characters, and lots of other things.
I don't like how its being exploted and of course no one complains.
I'm not a hater either and this is just personal preference sooo... whatever makes ratings and pleases the public I guess?

[quote name='No. -1 Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1303684761' post='5165335']
No, because nobody who says anime is pure evil has ever even HEARD of High School of the Dead.

Besides, there's always Bleach.
[/quote]
ugh...what?

on topic: i see no problem with bit breasts or panty shots, it would've been worse if they made more anime loli-genre similar to Kodomo no Jikan, now that's scary because it attracts alot of lolicons (its easier to write than the english word) and that can cause serious damage on society.

BTW the author that wrote the HSOTD also wrote erotic doujinshi/manga so its supposed to look erotic tho both manga / anime failed hard time, it was only animated because it had sexy ladies and nothing more, story was bland, action was meh and the characters were boring

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try to comment besides I don't watch the anime... OK I don't think so since Hotd is a adult manga... I don't think that girls with big breast can Ruin the anime/manga reputation... I thinks maybe it's like the way the mangaka see the things... I mean that maybe in his imagination the girls are like that, anyway I can't imagine the anime reputation to be ruined due of this detail...

Anime is a style of entertainment like books or tv shows, it has everything besides you HOTD is the greatest ecchi the world has ever known. But then if your losing faith that badly theres always, Ef, Gurren Lagann, Arikawa Under the Bridge, Black Lagoon, Casshern Sins, and Eden of the East. Anyone of those will make you feel like a million bucks and tell you that there is everything in anime and there all AMAZING. except most ecchi and magical girl anime.

Archived