POLL: Should Treeborn Frog be Banned next list?

Should Treeborn Frog be Banned?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Treeborn Frog be Banned?

Treeborn Frog should not be banned because it is easily stopped by cards such as D.D. Crow.

Monster Reborn should not be banned' date=' because it's easily countered by cards such as D.D. Crow.

[/quote']

Once again, MR and Treeborn are in entirely different leagues.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well your logic is that because D.D. Crow stops Frog it can't be banned.

Tell me' date=' how is that a valid argument. Double Snare does the same,e xcept for Jinzo. By your logic of X card stops Y card, Jinzo should be unlimited.

White Hole stops Dark Hole, therefore there is no reason to ban Dark Hole based on the logic previously presented.

[/quote']

so? ONE card stops them? MANY crads stop Treeborn Frog, all three of you have lost, now get out

i didnt even see the post about the envoys.

THEY WERE BANNED BECAUSE THEY WERE EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED.

Treeborn Frog is only INFINITE +1s. Raiza is like a +3' date=' but you people dont seem to have a problem with that.

MACRO COSMOS AND DIMENSIONAL FISSURE AND BANISHER OF THE RADIANCE ALSO STOP TREEBORN

[/quote']

*fixed

Tell me' date=' how is that a valid argument. Double Snare does the same,e xcept for Jinzo. By your logic of X card stops Y card, Jinzo should be unlimited.

White Hole stops Dark Hole, therefore there is no reason to ban Dark Hole based on the logic previously presented.

[/quote']

so? ONE card stops them? MANY crads stop Treeborn Frog, all three of you have lost, now get out

So what I'm getting from your argument is if cards can stop other cards, they shouldn't be banned.

Solemn Judgement stops everything in the game.

Konami make everything at 3s now plz.

[/quote']

Agreed, bye noobs.

TREEBORN FROG SHALL LIV'th!

P.S. Solemn Judgement also has a -1, paying half your Life Points.

We Win, you lose, bye bye.

Guest PikaPerson01
Treeborn Frog should not be banned because it is easily stopped by cards such as D.D. Crow.

Monster Reborn should not be banned' date=' because it's easily countered by cards such as D.D. Crow.

[/quote']

Once again, MR and Treeborn are in entirely different leagues.

The argument still applies. D.D. Crow can counter Monster Reborn. Or are you willing to admit that "It can be countered!" is a horrible excuse?

so? ONE card stops them? MANY crads stop Treeborn Frog' date=' all three of you have lost, now get out

[/quote']

You never named them. All I read so far is "Frog doesn't need to be banned because Crow stops it"

It is not enough.

cool' date=' and yet those cards where not released when the banning of Sinister Serpent, so therefore your theory fails

[/quote']

Yet they exist today, why is Serpent still banned if it's good enough to keep Frog unbanned?

Yes because YGO is all about lifepoints, that's why we use Premature Burial/Brain Control.

You still haven't disproved my point.

The argument I'm getting is "If it can be countered it can't be banned" so then why not unrestrict everyone of those banned cards?

I mean they have counters right?

Treeborn Frog is only INFINITE +1s. Raiza is like a +3' date=' but you people dont seem to have a problem with that.

MACRO COSMOS AND DIMENSIONAL FISSURE AND BANISHER OF THE RADIANCE ALSO STOP TREEBORN

[/quote']

*fixed

not necessarily

have any of you even explained why you think Frog should be banned?

omg...I have listed SO MANY CARDS that stop it' date=' now go back, and read

[/quote']

And I,ve countered every single one of them.

So, why Frog shouldn't be banned again?

no you havn't

Marco: you have not

Necrovalley: No

Cloak and Dagger: No

D.D Crow: no, you have only said, what about this banned card?

Banisher: no

DF: no

CotH: no

therefore, I win yet again

[/quote']

*fixed

not necessarily

Well, if we're counting out the whole D.D. Crow thing, which you did for CED, then yes....

Also, I believe the infinite +1s would be a pretty good reason...

Dimensional Fissure

D.D. Crow

Macro Cosmos

D.D. Warrior

D.D. Warrior Lady

Dark Lucius LV8

Lesser Fiend

Necrovalley

The End of Anubis

Card of Sanctity

Cloak and Dagger

Disappear

Solemn Judgement

Banisher of Light

Banisher of the Radiance

Dark Magician of Chaos

Karma Cut

Should I go on?

HA! I WIN! =P

Guest PikaPerson01
no you havn't

They cards stop about half the banlist. Why does Treeborn Frog get special treatment over the rest of the banlist?

[/quote']

no you havn't

Necrovalley doesn't even stop treeborn...

Guest PikaPerson01

From Atem:

By using Treeborn's effect' date=' you cannot protect yourself with Spells and Traps, making your opponent and their Monarchs they got via Frog's effect very vulnerable.[/b']

[22:38] EarlSkyhawk: The Monarchs summoned are vulnerable, but have ALREADY DONE THEIR JOB.

[22:39] EarlSkyhawk: Further, you CAN protect yourself with Spells and Traps; only an idiot would think you need to ressurect Treeborn every turn. You're free to use STs to your heart's content as long as Treeborn doesn't become useless.

[22:39] EarlSkyhawk: Treeborn doesn't need to be revived every turn in competitive gameplay, only at certain instances where its +1 will be useful.

[22:40] EarlSkyhawk: When it doesn't get revived, it stays in the Grave and sits where D.D. Crow is the only competitive threat it faces.

[22:40] EarlSkyhawk: So run your chainable Spells and Traps with impunity; Treeborn doesn't care.

[22:41] EarlSkyhawk: (Note: If you think you need Treeborn available every turn, that's a misconception only disproven by analysis of gameplay at the highest levels.)

[22:42] EarlSkyhawk: As for the Monarchs being vulnerable, that's fine; no one cares about being able to keep Monarchs alive forever when a Monarch need only stay on the field 0 turns

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: Sure, keeping a Monarch on the field longer than your opponent's next turn is nice, because it means you have nearly unparalleled field control

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: but the 2400 ATK isn't the key to the field control in question. It's only key to preventing easy battle death for the Monarch.

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: The effects of the Monarchs are what do the REAL work.

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: So, bad players can waste their cards destroying Monarchs that're already on the field

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: and realize it to be a worthless ploy when Raiza has already set them back at least 1 turn

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: Phoenix Wing has set them back another turn

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: Thestalos' has hit their hand options

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: Zaborg has taken out a monster option

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: and Mobius sitting there waiting for the stupid bastard who runs 2 STs that can't respond to Mobius.

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: And if you're in the OCG, it's an even worse lot, as Gaius covers what Zaborg doesn't.

Quoted for emphasis.

[/quote']

*fixed

not necessarily

Well, if we're counting out the whole D.D. Crow thing, which you did for CED, then yes....

Also, I believe the infinite +1s would be a pretty good reason...

what?

explain why it should be banned.

Macro: Stop's hardly anything, mainly Monster Reborn.

Necrovalley: Stops more than just cards banned.

Cloak and Dagger: Stops any monsters, if smart enough.

D.D. Crow: Also stops any monsters.

Banisher: Same as above.

Dimmensional Fissure: Same as above.

Necrovalley does in-fact stop Treeborn Frog.

"Negate the effects of Spell, Trap, and Monster Cards that affect a card(s) in the Graveyard."

Treeborn Frog's effect Special Summons him during your Standby Phase, affecting the cards in your Graveyard.

[/quote']

no you havn't

Necrovalley doesn't even stop treeborn...

my bad....

no you havn't

D.D Crow: no' date=' you have only said, what about this banned card?

[/quote']

Macro also stops Sinister Serpent, why is Serpent banned if it's good enough to keep Frog unbanned?

Necrovalley aslo stop the Envoys, why are the Envoys banned if it's good enough to keep Frog unbanned? also, lol

Cloak and Dagger stops every monsters, let's unban them all then.

DD Crow : see Necro

Banisher : see Macro

DF : see Banisher

CotH : how the hell does CotH stop Frog? oh yeah, when you're dumb enough to hadicap yourself, solid point. I'm taking notes for next time.

Archived