POLL: Should Treeborn Frog be Banned next list?

Should Treeborn Frog be Banned?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Treeborn Frog be Banned?

From Atem:

By using Treeborn's effect, you cannot protect yourself with Spells and Traps, making your opponent and their Monarchs they got via Frog's effect very vulnerable.

[22:38] EarlSkyhawk: The Monarchs summoned are vulnerable, but have ALREADY DONE THEIR JOB.

[22:39] EarlSkyhawk: Further, you CAN protect yourself with Spells and Traps; only an idiot would think you need to ressurect Treeborn every turn. You're free to use STs to your heart's content as long as Treeborn doesn't become useless.

[22:39] EarlSkyhawk: Treeborn doesn't need to be revived every turn in competitive gameplay, only at certain instances where its +1 will be useful.

[22:40] EarlSkyhawk: When it doesn't get revived, it stays in the Grave and sits where D.D. Crow is the only competitive threat it faces.

[22:40] EarlSkyhawk: So run your chainable Spells and Traps with impunity; Treeborn doesn't care.

[22:41] EarlSkyhawk: (Note: If you think you need Treeborn available every turn, that's a misconception only disproven by analysis of gameplay at the highest levels.)

[22:42] EarlSkyhawk: As for the Monarchs being vulnerable, that's fine; no one cares about being able to keep Monarchs alive forever when a Monarch need only stay on the field 0 turns

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: Sure, keeping a Monarch on the field longer than your opponent's next turn is nice, because it means you have nearly unparalleled field control

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: but the 2400 ATK isn't the key to the field control in question. It's only key to preventing easy battle death for the Monarch.

[22:44] EarlSkyhawk: The effects of the Monarchs are what do the REAL work.

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: So, bad players can waste their cards destroying Monarchs that're already on the field

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: and realize it to be a worthless ploy when Raiza has already set them back at least 1 turn

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: Phoenix Wing has set them back another turn

[22:45] EarlSkyhawk: Thestalos' has hit their hand options

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: Zaborg has taken out a monster option

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: and Mobius sitting there waiting for the stupid bastard who runs 2 STs that can't respond to Mobius.

[22:46] EarlSkyhawk: And if you're in the OCG, it's an even worse lot, as Gaius covers what Zaborg doesn't.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<_<

CotH

easy

if you want treeborn don't use CotH

why? it is self explanatory

go read a book......

Ok so because you can't use CotH is a reason no to ban a card?

And you dodge an awful lot of questions there' date=' go read my post.

[/quote']

and you went off topic with those questions.....

but I will answer them

no they should stay banned, why? because they can be stopped? THEY DON't GIVE A DISADVANTAGE

unlike treeborn who has a disadvantage,

it doesn't stop normal/quickplay spells

but you have to set traps during your main phases....which would stop you on you next standby phase

Or you could, you know, play those S/Ts before your next Standby phase and get Frog back.

Your point is not valid and you didn't answer my other questions.

but you have to set traps during your main phases....which would stop you on you next standby phase

Or you could' date=' you know, play those S/Ts before your next Standby phase and get Frog back.

Your point is not valid and you didn't answer my other questions.

[/quote']

i did answer them, and i made a very good point, now stop argueing.....

<_<

CotH

easy

if you want treeborn don't use CotH

why? it is self explanatory

go read a book......

Ok so because you can't use CotH is a reason no to ban a card?

And you dodge an awful lot of questions there' date=' go read my post.

[/quote']

and you went off topic with those questions.....

but I will answer them

no they should stay banned, why? because they can be stopped? THEY DON't GIVE A DISADVANTAGE

unlike treeborn who has a disadvantage,

I wasn't going off-topic, I was countering your arguments on Frog. Re-read correctly please.

As for mini-mod, thanks for the rep, hope you l2read as well.

Guest PikaPerson01

Because you don't activate traps during your opponents turn? God, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Because you don't activate traps during your opponents turn? God' date=' don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

[/quote']

<_<

and what if the traps you actvated, had no reason to activate on your opponents turn?

Guest PikaPerson01

Because you don't activate traps during your opponents turn? God' date=' don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

[/quote']

<_<

and what if the traps you actvated, had no reason to activate on your opponents turn?

Your fault for including it and setting it on a turn you didn't need it.

Learn to deck build please.

[/quote']

Ouch, that sounded condescending, I'm not a fan of that tone.

And you won't always meet the qualifications for your opponent to activate the trap cards that he/she set, so they could still stop Treeborn's summoning.

I will answer the question again, because you seem to need an answer from us.

Treeborn Frog should not be banned because it is easily stopped by cards such as D.D. Crow.

As Lord Sheogorath previously stated, if they were going to ban Frog, they would already have done it.

[/quote']

<_<

Your fault for including it and setting it on a turn you didn't need it.

Learn to deck build please.

if they didn't attack, and you had mirror force? activate it for no reason?

and, I am a good deck builder, hence I am one of the top players on this forum buddy

I will answer the question again' date=' because you seem to need an answer from us.

Treeborn Frog should not be banned because it is easily stopped by cards such as D.D. Crow.

As Lord Sheogorath previously stated, if they were going to ban Frog, they would already have done it.

[/quote']

Double Snare stops Jinzo.

Jinzo should be unlimited.

I will answer the question again' date=' because you seem to need an answer from us.

[/quote']

The Envoys are easily stopped by cards such as DD Crow. Is that a reason to unban them?

That point alone is not valid.

[/quote']

This guy knows his stuff. Now let's discuss why Raigeki is banned...

I mean, it's easily conterable thanks to Anti Raigeki...

Guest PikaPerson01

Monster Reborn should not be banned, because it's easily countered by cards such as D.D. Crow.

Well your logic is that because D.D. Crow stops Frog it can't be banned.

Tell me, how is that a valid argument. Double Snare does the same,e xcept for Jinzo. By your logic of X card stops Y card, Jinzo should be unlimited.

White Hole stops Dark Hole, therefore there is no reason to ban Dark Hole based on the logic previously presented.

HORUS' point is valid enough.

I don't think it's right to compare the Envoys to Treeborn.

Why not. Crow stops the Envoys. Crow stops Frog.

Sole reason to keep Frog unbanned so far : Crow stops Frog

Crow stops Envoys too. Why not unban that?

i didnt even see the post about the envoys.

THEY WERE BANNED BECAUSE THEY WERE EXTREMELY OVERPOWERED.

Treeborn Frog is only a +1. Raiza is like a +3, but you people dont seem to have a problem with that.

MACRO COSMOS AND DIMENSIONAL FISSURE AND BANISHER OF THE RADIANCE ALSO STOP TREEBORN

Archived