Gurren Lagann

Welcome to Raine's Anime Sewing Circle sponsored by YCM. Today we are here to discuss the manly fiery passionate blaze of epicness a.k.a. Gurren Lagann. I have watched this series many times now and before it not once have I ever imagined something like this existed. It is syringe of everything prized in action, romance, adventure, and so much more. 3, 8 episode arcs that will make you cry, laugh, and loss 10 pounds. Discuss Gurren Lagann!

[img]http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/GrandRaine/GurrenLagannGroup.jpg?t=1302021543[/img]

TTGL is the greatest, most epicly GAR anime in the existence of the spiralverse. I've watched the series twice and own both movies, having watched them both at least half a dozen times each.

[spoiler=Look at this awesome picture of art of the TTGurren, the TTKingKittan, and the TTAgodego][img]http://images.wikia.com/gurennlagann/images/7/79/Tengen_Toppa_concept_art.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Hopefully this thread will stay alive longer than the ones I've posted of this. ^.^

Gurren Lagann is one of my all time favorite animes =3
Story is great, art is great, wasn't too short but not too long either.
I wanted Simon to not loose the girl, that's my only complain ;_; ...

I didn't know there were movies of it O_o ... I'll look for those..

The movies are simply adaptations of the show, but things were changed to fit 27 episodes into 2 movies, and to make things more awesome

For instance, [spoiler=Childhood's End]Dai-Gurren Brigade fight the remaining 3 generals (minus Thymilph, of course), along with Viral (who has his own dai-gun) in an all out offensive. It's awesome (imagine Viral, Adiane, Guame, and Cytomander's dai-guns all combining into one giant mech).[/spoiler]

Also, [spoiler=The Lights in the Sky are Stars]during the fight with the Anti-Spiral, Kittan still dies like normal, but everyone else survives and everyone (and I mean everyone) get their own galaxy sized gunman. The Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is 13 million light years tall, but it gets more awesome as things are turned up to 1100 as they form the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which is 100 times taller. Also, the fight with Anti-Spiral isn't ended with a Lagann Impact through the chest, but with a fist fight between Simon and the Anti-Spiral (and a drill through his chest made from Simon's blood, but that's not the awesome part).

It's a shame Nia still dies.[/spoiler]

Archived