[quote name='Boss Z' timestamp='1302119988' post='5118741']
Just stop with the pointless-ness of all this!!

Konami will [s]not[/s] tell us how this card is used with exceeds when both are present in the OCG / TCG
[/quote]

Well, based on the ruling with Plaguespreader Zombie, Reborn Tengu would not work as it does not have any effect when it becomes an Exceed Material. I don't believe there's any more dispute about that o.x;

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1302120232' post='5118748']
Well, based on the ruling with Plaguespreader Zombie, Reborn Tengu would not work as it does not have any effect when it becomes an Exceed Material. I don't believe there's any more dispute about that o.x;
[/quote]
Then lets go with that
I'm trying to look into how to make an OTK with Tengu and Mist Valley and giving any ideas that come to mind to Odin el Padre de los Aesir... as his deck is rather close to doing it... I just want to see a more consistent deck for it
but either way, I don't think I'll be exceeding much unless for Rank4's... wait... d*m* now I feel stupid for going through all that for nothing...

Now, I'm not sure I'm right about this, but the way I'd thought about it, Exceed Materials never leave the field, as if they were equipping or switching control. Essentially, the Exceed Monster creates "Exceed Material Zones" underneath itself where the materials go...except that doesn't explain Sangan, which I think they decided to do just to prevent [s]ab[/s]use.

My idea is better. Screw you, Konami.

[quote name='Dr. Cakey' timestamp='1302130413' post='5119033']
Now, I'm not sure I'm right about this, but the way I'd thought about it, Exceed Materials never leave the field, as if they were equipping or switching control. Essentially, the Exceed Monster creates "Exceed Material Zones" underneath itself where the materials go...except that doesn't explain Sangan, which I think they decided to do just to prevent [s]ab[/s]use.

My idea is better. Screw you, Konami.
[/quote]

Well, the following does kinda make sense with the rulings of both Plaguespreader Zombie and Sangan. Exceed Materials leave the field to become overlaid, hence why they are no longer on the field when overlaid. The moment they become Exceed Materials (during the process of an Exceed Summon), they lose their effects and then become overlaid as part of the Summon (which is why Plaguespreader doesn't get removed from play if it was Special Summoned by its own effect, it loses its "If this card is removed from the field, remove it from play" effect before it is removed from the field). Since they are no longer on the field, a card like Sangan cannot be sent "from the field to the Graveyard" so its effect does not activate when it hits the Graveyard after being sent there from being an Exceed Material.

This way, there aren't any loopholes that i can see at this point in time anyway, at least with the rulings we know about Exceeds anyway xD

[quote name='Tsukasa Hiiragi' timestamp='1302131721' post='5119090']
Only one I can find is with cards like Dandylion, but that's old news.
[/quote]

But Dandylion's Trigger Effect is "When this card is sent to the Graveyard". It doesn't matter where it was sent from, unlike Sangan, which requires to be from the field. Once Dandylion is in the Graveyard, it has its' effect and can recognize that it was just sent to the Graveyard from somewhere else (being sent from an overlay to the Graveyard), so its effect works, or so it is ruled.

Archived