4Kids Lose Dubbing Rights To Yu-Gi-Oh

Cin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Ghostmyth' timestamp='1301622267' post='5103658']
Cartoon Network couldn't buy Naruto Shippuuden from Disney even though it owned the original series.
[/quote]
What you talkin' about Willis

OT: Trolololololol. Why are people sad? 4Kids = evil
Maybe someone good will take Yugioh's english dubbed counterpart. Maybe...oh idk, Masashi Kishimoto?
[s]IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THAT PERSON HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YUGIOH OR ENGLISH DUBBING.[/s]

How can Anime end if there's more than 300 different animes?

I would say I feel sorry for the dubbies, but I don't. I haven't watch YGO dubbed since DM Episodes 183. I was sick of waiting for the next ep, and eventually came across Janime then was hooked on the Japanese version (I joined it really when GX was around episode 23)

[quote name='Azuh' timestamp='1301604994' post='5103045']
LOok at what anime makes money?

Not so lame now isn't it?
[/quote]

Actually, it is lame. The show's a badly made catalog to sell a card game. No one would watch crap like yugioh if there wasn't a great card game to sell. The show stopped making sense after Duelist Kingdom.

[quote name='Nexus Prophet-Evanm7' timestamp='1301688704' post='5105302']
Who actually watches the dub?
[/quote]
People who aren't weeaboos with a fetish for the Japanese language for no particular reason. Oops, too much?

But yeah, the dub was tolerable.

[quote name='I am Fate. Embrace me.' timestamp='1301715810' post='5106323']
I do. I, for one, am an American, and glad I am. I can't understand a word of Japanese anyway!
[/quote]

That's why you wait for people who DO understand to translate the language for you!

Also, have we realized that they could do official internet releases, like they do for a few other animu?

No?

You now realize that they could do official internet releases, like they do for a few other animu.

The about Yugioh is it's a merchandise driven franchise. whoever picks up the anime will still target it towards children because they're the target audience for the card game. but maybe the new company will be less insulting to their intelligence and less will be changed. I am happy 4kids no longer has their hands on it, but im not sure what to expect for the future

Who do you guys think they'll hire? I personally wouldn't mind FUNimation, or cartoon network. I really hope that TV Tokyo get's it up and running in the US soon though. I'm really excited. I flippin' hated the 4kids dub. I couldn't even stand it, no matter how bad I wanted to watch 5D'.

Archived