4Kids Lose Dubbing Rights To Yu-Gi-Oh

Cin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow I'm glade someone found out they doing something bad, so we don't have to worry too much about the Dubs in zexal and maybe just maybe redo 5D's dubs as well. well one can only dream =_=

but looking at the sum of money which was nearly 5 millions which mean the rating or polarity of the show are actually a lot more than they were, well i dunno the system of money they make money exactly but looking at that amount, it could mean that it could have been a lot different

[quote name='Darkplant' timestamp='1301565137' post='5102217']
Yeah, I suppose I should say horray, but I'm not sure how many people here would actually watch the ZeXal show.
[/quote]
Darkplant, you're from Japan right? What's the average age of people who watch Yu-Gi-Oh?

[quote name='Astro Dude' timestamp='1301597719' post='5102725']
Well, they cant' lose the rights mid-season. They just started the WRGP. When will the new dub be? I'd like to be prepared.
[/quote]

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1301604162' post='5103010']
Oh yes they can.
[/quote]

Oh yes they did.

If Viz media does the dub, and it ends up like Soul Eater/School Rumble, that would be lulz.
...Of course, were going to have to be prepared for a new cast of voice actors.
then again, the series might end up as a DVD-only thing, and get a dub like this:
Yusei: "I SUMMON MY STARDUST DRAGON!"
Jack: "THAT BASTARD! HE JUST SUMMONED HIS ACE MONSTER!
Jack: "I play [situational plot device that removes Stardust]"
Yusei: "WHAT THE HELL JACK!? SINCE WHEN DO YOU PLAY THIS WAY!?"
Jack: "Since I damn well feel like it."
....Which might not be [i]that[/i] bad.

[quote name='Azuh' timestamp='1301604994' post='5103045']
LOok at what anime makes money?

Not so lame now isn't it?
[/quote]
Yugimonz makes more money based on the card game itself, rather then the anime.
The anime just gives us a hint at what the next set(s) will contain.

Hmmm...Personally, I have a life outside of yugioh in and out of it's self. But I do see how it would affect the US and North America. Like, I grow up watching the first 2 seasons of Yugioh (Duelist Kingdom and Battle City) and I'm proud to say that Yugioh was a part of my life as a kid and for my future generations, I wouldn't be all that suprised if my own kids were watching Yugioh. With that being said, 4kids may be affected by other means as well:

Like having it's other shows being cancelled due to the lack of budgets in it and that Yugioh altogether could stop being broadcasted altogether. Which would basically mean that we won't be able to get our cards and hats.

However, I'm only speaking as a person who doesn't pay much time to the tv series of Yugioh.

P.S. 5Ds wasn't really buying me from the start, so I'm not that affected by it.

[quote name='Kuri' timestamp='1301537654' post='5101763']
Toonami will not certainly return the way it was back then. Why? Well because of parental complaints and such (which is why they had to cut off hours of anime) but Cartoon Network most certainly will have better dubs because it has less censorship then 4kids. Hope they lose DBZ rights too. Then they'll go bankrupt and everybody except 4kids will be happy :D. I wonder how this saturday will turn out.
[/quote]

I see well thanks for the info thought how i wish toonami to return i mean cartoon network should see that these days american anime sucks they should put animes series from oldest to newest 24 hours a day now that should be a real cartoon network.

[quote name='Ghostmyth' timestamp='1301621916' post='5103649']
Awesome! That means that we wont be ABLE to see Yugioh anymore, because all of the channel companies are hurting and can't afford to buy out a popular japanese anime! This is the best thing ever!

Seriously guys, 4kids was bad, but it was definately better then nothing.
[/quote]

>Company can't afford to make money

wat

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1301622009' post='5103651']
>Company can't afford to make money

wat
[/quote]
Cartoon Network couldn't buy Naruto Shippuuden from Disney even though it owned the original series, nor could it buy DBZ kai from Nickelodeon (and, once again, it owned the original series).

I guess I should've said "The only companies that wouldn't screw up Yugioh don't have the money to buy it". That probably would have cleared it up.

Archived