No. 39 Aspiring Emperor Hope

[quote name='Saikano' timestamp='1300750685' post='5088296']
Too bad it doesn't even work as a barrier if you summoned it from the graveyard...
[/quote]
Let's see how long it takes for them to come up with an Exceed Reborn that gives the monster Exceed Materials...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Kikoutei Penguin Infinity' timestamp='1300758189' post='5088600']
It can chain its attack negating effect to D-Prison or Mirror Force, right?
[/quote]
Mirror Force would destroy it anyways.
If you can chain Magic Cylinder to your own Mirror Force, then I'm pretty sure that No. 39 can chain to other cards if it happens to run into a D-Prison or Draining Shield.

[quote name='Chihaya Kisaragi' timestamp='1300759288' post='5088637']
Mirror Force would destroy it anyways.
If you can chain Magic Cylinder to your own Mirror Force, then I'm pretty sure that No. 39 can chain to other cards if it happens to run into a D-Prison or Draining Shield.
[/quote]

Correct.

Mirror Force just needs an attack to trigger it. Magic Cylinder and Draining occur in response to a SPECIFIC attack (they target). If the attack is negated by other means before they resolve, such as this card, their effects fizzle as there is no attack to negate.

[quote name='super-star-silver' timestamp='1300873965' post='5091298']
just watch, when this card comes out in TCG it's gonna be called

No. 39 Aspiring Hope

yup called it
[/quote]

Na

They'll be like

No. 39, Inspiring Hope Emperor

Cause half of the names they translate come out wrong (Buster Rancher, Cyber Valley)

[quote name='CDDRodrigo' timestamp='1300874129' post='5091301']
They will change the "No. 39" to "Number Thirty-Nine"
[/quote]
Lolfix.
Also, I'm pretty sure the TCG is keeping "No. 39" since their is probably gonna be more "No." Exceed monsters no doubt. Also, I wonder about the 3 God Cards of Zexal. Since basically every show had them, with the Aesir being the most awesome lulz.

[quote name='super-star-silver' timestamp='1300881978' post='5091375']
i bet they're gonna remove "Emperor" for the TCG release, because the [s]Mek[/s] Machine Emperors had "Emperor" removed for TCG
[/quote]

No, they're Meklord Emperors. They need to have the word Emperor to differentiate themselves from the other Meklord archetypes.

Guys, you do realize that all the numbered Exceed monsters are going to play "important" plot devices, right?
Like supposedly whoever manages to find all 100 *Assuming there are 100* becomes the [s]Master of all Pokemon[/s]"Ultimiate Duelist".

...Also, I like how this without materials can end up causing a replay, meaning if you attack it -> it destroys itself -> Your monster can attack again.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1300903958' post='5091707']
I think that makes Zexal worrisomely ambitious. Having about 100 different cards play a role in the plot is just asking for trouble with repetitive plot points.
[/quote]
AKA, re-doing the plot of 5Ds.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1300903513' post='5091690']
Guys, you do realize that all the [b]numbered Exceed monsters are going to play "important" plot devices, right?[/b]
Like supposedly whoever manages to find all 100 *Assuming there are 100* becomes the [s]Master of all Pokemon[/s]"Ultimiate Duelist".

...Also, I like how this without materials can end up causing a replay, meaning if you attack it -> it destroys itself -> Your monster can attack again.
[/quote]
@bold: true, that's a good point since not all exceeds have numbas

if i end up using this, [b]all[/b] my opponents are gonna use the oppertunity to replay their attack (unless i have...)

But 5Ds was significantly less repetitive. It's a show based on card game duels, of course duels and tournaments will occur a lot, but finding certain cards, and a large number of them (as opposed to 5 Signer Dragons and upgrades), means not only do they need to be designed, but they have to make appearances to keep people from getting upset.

Any show where the basic premise is to locate a set of mystical items of plot importance or power is going to have an issue if they're found easily, or if they find a lot of them in a group.

Now, I'll hold judgment because like all Yugioh shows, I thought the premise was ridiculous but LOVED watching them.

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1300904833' post='5091731']
Fairly important things in the yugioh series

1 Rainbow Dragon
2 Satellite Keys
3 [s]Egyptian Gods[/s] Ojama Brothers
4 Machine Emperors
5 Exodia pieces
6 Signer Dragons
7 Star Assasins
8 ???
9 ???
10 Temporal Gods
11 Planet cards

[size="7"][b]
99[/b][/size] Pieces of Astral's memory

Seriously?!
[/quote]

I like the idea that cards are the main plot of a show meant to sell trading cards. Zexal sounds like it might be the first time yugioh has made sense since Duelist Kingdom.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1300916847' post='5092171']
A ghost guy's memories being linked to nearly 100 specific one-of-a-kind trading cards makes more sense?
[/quote]

A bizarre idea, but yes. It's a simple plot that gives absolute attention on the most important aspect of Yugioh: selling trading cards. Yugioh doesn't need a complex story to be great. It's a show about a card game, and needs to focus on storylines directly linked to cards, not stories about human evolution causing an army of robots to destroy the planet.

[quote name='Manjoume Thunder' timestamp='1300904833' post='5091731']
Fairly important things in the yugioh series

1 Rainbow Dragon
2 Satellite Keys
3 [s]Egyptian Gods[/s] Ojama Brothers
4 Machine Emperors
5 Exodia pieces
6 Signer Dragons
7 Star Assasins
8 ???
9 ???
10 Temporal Gods
11 Planet cards

[size="7"][b]
99[/b][/size] Pieces of Astral's memory

Seriously?!
[/quote]

wait what about the 7 Sennen (Millenium) Items those are more important that those Stupid Assasins...>_<
Also the 13 guys from R.

Archived