Idiocy in Yugioh

Thanks and today I faced a new form of stupidity. One of my mates decided that even when you're decked out on your turn that you have a chance... Now let me explain this. I had decked him out by fifteen cards with card destruction. Then I played SRL to let myself set morphing jar x3 and I had him out by fifteen cards in the beginning by using two needle worms. He has it in his mind that a card that still forces drawing doesn't technically count as drawing to the point of equaling a deck-out.

That's actually a common mistake. I didn't realize that draw cards count as deck-out as well until WC 2010 decided to make me lose on one of the Duel Puzzles.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The condition for defeat by deckout is that you are unable to DRAW when you are forced to. Simply having no cards in your deck isn't a loss, but not being able to draw does. This most commonly occurs during the Draw Phase, but you also lose if obligated to draw cards by an effect, but cannot.

The condition for defeat by deckout is that you are unable to DRAW when you are forced to. Simply having no cards in your deck isn't a loss, but not being able to draw does. This most commonly occurs during the Draw Phase, but you also lose if obligated to draw cards by an effect, but cannot.

Which is why you side Droll and Lock Bird, and Iron Core of Koaki Meiru.

Anyways

"Winged Dragon of Ra's effect to prevents any card to be activated while it is face-up, since it says in its effect."

Took me an hour to explain it to him how it only works in one moment.

Looking at his post, the conditions had been met. The opponent just didn't realize that the ruling actually existed.

Which is why you side Droll and Lock Bird, and Iron Core of Koaki Meiru.

Anyways

"Winged Dragon of Ra's effect to prevents any card to be activated while it is face-up, since it says in its effect."

Took me an hour to explain it to him how it only works in one moment.

Actually, Iron Core doesn't work as anti-deckout. You can only use its effect if you're able to draw by normal means. If your deck is empty, you cannot add it to your hand "instead" of drawing because you cannot actually draw.

I admit that I was similarly confused in my earliest days about Creeping Doom Manta in "how long does the 'Traps cannot be activated' clause last"? The answer is as you said. Just that moment.

Oh, those people are awesome. In the fact you want to punch them for being stupid.

Actually, sometimes I do come across people who I seriously have to ask them: "Do you even read your cards before you play them?", because they think they know how the card works and yet seem to have missed a few crucial details.

One example, the guy wasn't an idiot, but the sheer number of mistakes in a short amount of time had me repeatedly headdesking as to how details specifically written on the card missed his attention.

Ah, reading the opponent and not wanting to do a thing.

I'm actually horrible at making reads, personally.

Care to expand on this?

1) Tried to Summon D-Hero Malicious during my Turn. (This was actually slightly excusable as a honest mistake)

2) Thought D-Formation got counters when he Summoned a D-Hero

3) Thought D-Formation Summoned copies of the monster its effect is used on. I repeatedly said "to your hand". It didn't click until I had a monster attack directly (ignoring the monster that shouldn't be on the field)

4) There was something else related to D-Formation, and I actually did ask "do you even read your cards?".

This was in the span of two duels, less than five minutes apart.

It's not that the guy was an idiot, it was that he didn't read/comprehend the card.

Then there were instances where he RFGed Red Eyes for Sin Red-Eyes, asked to take it back when he remembered the Field Spell clause (I allowed). He put it in his hand, and when I noted he had 1 card too many, he thought a viable solution was to send one of his cards to the GRAVEYARD, rather than back to his deck. Actually, any time he drew one too many or searched at the wrong time, the solution was anything but "put the extra card back in your deck".

Granted, this was on YVD and the interface takes some getting used to...

Then there was the time he tried to return his Set Crystal Raigeki to his hand because he was out of spaces to activate Abundance. I actually had to say that was just outright illegal (it slipped his mind to activate it right then and there). On my following turn, I destroyed one of his monsters with Sin Stardust and only AFTER the monster died did he think to destroy Sin Stardust with C-Raigeki.

Sin Truth in hand burst out laughing.

Guest Icyblue

imho the next destination should be RC.

Someone should really come up with a YGO thread that doesnt belong in CC, TCG, Anime or Video Games; forcing it to be in General.

And usually, I'm on the idiotic stick when it comes to these things. Due to failing to read the technical text on my cards.

So what, we're thinking up the type of thread that would give the mods the biggest headache possible?

I now remember another idiot who thought Black Luster Soldier (Ritual) could be Summoned without the Ritual or Tributes. Or thought Spells/Traps could be played as monsters (and vice versa).

Guest PikaPerson01

Someone should really come up with a YGO thread that doesnt belong in CC, TCG, Anime or Video Games; forcing it to be in General.

They did. This topic.

Stop moving it to TCG plz.

xoxo

PikaPerson01

Archived