Idiocy in Yugioh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

least i definitely know this doesn't belong in Your Deck :P

ah Gemini Monsters, how many people i've played that don't understand their first line of text...........

Quick, someone move it to "Your Deck"!

Then Crab can move it to "Announcements" and YCMaker can lock it!

Guest ~King Crouton~

least i definitely know this doesn't belong in Your Deck :P

Oh, I beg to differ, old chap.

Monsters: 37

DAD

Gorz

Caius x3

Duradark x2

Grepher x3

Witch of the Black Rose x3

GK Descendent

Tomato x3

Birdman x3

Gale

Alchemist x3

GK Spy x2

Crusher x3

Sangan

D-HERO Malicious x2

PSZ

Ryko x2

Glow-Up

Trago

Spells: 2

Reborn

Dark Hole

Traps: 1

Treacherous

This definitely belongs in My Deck.

Also, my brother thinks Gandora is a good card because it's a black dragon.

Guest ~King Crouton~

One time, I saw someone attack his opponent's Illusionist Faceless Mage with a BEWD, and the kid with Faceless Mage said that BEWD's attack is canceled because Faceless Mage "manipulates enemy attacks with the power of illusion." Faceless Mage kid also played by Duelist Kingdom rules but still attacked directly for game even though his opponent controlled a monster at the start of that turn.

Guest ~King Crouton~

My brother built a deck around Marik's 5-card God Combo even though the cards in the combo were nerfed to the point it would fail.

He later built a deck that ran Exodia Necross, Horus, Sacred Phoenix, Creator, Helpoemer, Coffin Seller, Necrovalley, and the 3 Sacred Beasts.

Just remembered back how I though Roids were beast, mostly because I thought Conection Zone worked with Ambulance Rescueroid and Steam Gyroid.

Frankly, I think almost everyone did at first. By the time it came out, the archetype was almost universally known as 'Vehicroids', even though only "roid" was mentioned in the support.

And really, isn't this like the fifth time this thread's been moved?

Stupidity like this is why I only play IRL against friends who listen to me when I correct them, or at big events.

Same. I'm scared of one day playing someone on YVD or similar who doesn't realize I actually know what I'm talking about in regards to rulings, and insists on some absurd crack-ruling.

Guest ~King Crouton~

Some Jaden noob on DMG summoned Grand Mole, and I played Warning to destroy it. There was a long pause, and I posted in the chat "your monster is destroyed." Jaden noob asks "but I just summoned it." I told him that Warning negates summons. He ragequits. Loki's Blackwings are awesome.

People thinking chaining MST or Dust Tornado to your trap will make its effect dissapear.

That's an overused n00b mistake. I remember the n00bs at my school in 8th grade (in the after-school Games Club), and one of them was really bad, even though he was the best one there:

• he said cards that searched other cards from the deck were banned in tournaments but everything else was fine. we didn't follow "tournament rules" anyway, but his sheer ignorance bugged me.

• he thought T.A.D.P.O.L.E. could ditch other copies of itself straight to the Graveyard

• his ace combo involved tribute Summoning Des Frog (to get two more thanks to two T.A.D.P.O.L.E.s in his Graveyard), Des Croaking, and 2 Delta Attacker. He thought Delta Attacker said the following:

Activate if you control three monsters of the same name and your opponent controls no monsters, by selecting those three monsters. Inflict damage to your opponent's Life points equal to the combined ATK of the three selected monsters. They can't attack this turn.

• I once played against him. IIRC I used Bottomless Trap Hole on his special summoned Des Frogs. he activates Des Croaking in response. I told him "you can't respond to my trap with a normal spell; mine is faster." He said "during my turn, all my cards are faster than yours." And he also believed that negating meant destroying, so my Bottomless Trap hole didn't resolve either. He then proceeded with two Delta Attackers.

• I wanted to trade a rather decent card from him. He said "if you bring me an Egyptian God card or a Sacred Beast card, then we'll talk."

To make it worse, one of the other players followed a set of rules he called "Streak". Basically, if, after the activation and cost-paying of a card, resolution of any card, or the summoning of a monster, you fell below four cards in hand, you drew to four. Examples:

• You set one of the four cards in your hand or summon one of the four cards in your hand. You draw a card.

• You're at four cards and you activate Lightning Vortex, discarding a card. You then draw two cards after paying the cost.

• You activate one of the four cards in hand, Upstart Goblin. Upon activation, you draw one since you're below four. you then draw one during resolution while your opponent gains 1000 Life points.

• You activate one of the four cards in your hand, Card Destruction. upon activation, you draw a card. During resolution, you and your opponent discard your cards and draw four cards. Since you have four cards after resolution, you don't draw any due to the Streak rule.

Luckily, the best combo that guy had was 2 Solar Flare Dragons, which was tough to face without too much removal in my deck.

I'm SO glad i don't play with that crowd anymore. Back then, I was a n00b with strategies and deckbuilding, but at least i knew the rules of the game and my deck had some semblance of a theme that wasn't a prepackaged Structure deck (back then, my deck was fairies, with Mudora as my ace card).

"I activate End of the World, and Tribute my Curse of Dragon, and Swift Gaia for Demise."

This is one is understandable to be confused, since all other Ritual Spells can be over the Levels. Afterwords, I told him that Levels must equal 8 for End of the World, unless you decrease the Level of Demise/Ruin in your hand, which doesn't make sense to do.

Also, before I was pro at all this. This happened on YGONetwork.

I said, "I use Stardust to negate your Dark Bribe." Sadly, neither of us knew Spell Speeds, so his Dark Bribe was wrongfully negated.

"I Summon Junk Synchron, and Summon a Level 2 monster into face-down Defense Position."

That made me lol, but I had a rulebook, so it was all good.

I get where you're coming from, but this thread doesn't go in General simply because it has two other possible homes.

Moved to TCG.

Thanks and today I faced a new form of stupidity. One of my mates decided that even when you're decked out on your turn that you have a chance... Now let me explain this. I had decked him out by fifteen cards with card destruction. Then I played SRL to let myself set morphing jar x3 and I had him out by fifteen cards in the beginning by using two needle worms. He has it in his mind that a card that still forces drawing doesn't technically count as drawing to the point of equaling a deck-out.

Archived