Idiocy in Yugioh

Sneak Attack was only a manga card not real

Monster Reborn is Banned

Megamorph is Banned

Monster Reborn is not banned in the current format, Megamorph is not banned (Metamorphosis is), and Sneak Attack might have been in a game. So if this was a game, your logic except for Sneak Attack makes sense, but otherwise you have some different holes.

I faced a kid once who thought that Pyro Clock of Destiny made me skip my turn.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PikaPerson01

Idiotcy:

Monster Reborn is Banned

Nope. It's limited.

Megamorph is Banned

Nope, it's semi-limited.

Also Graceful Charity is banned.

Also, you misspelled idiocy.

This belongs in General?

It certainly doesn't belong in TCG if that's what you're trying to imply.

And Empty Jar. Cus, y'know, they're in the top 4 of the Yugioh Champtionship right now. For a Deck that was never great, and has just been thumped by the banlist, that's simply pro. x3 Love it when that happens.

But yeah, there are prime examples in this thread alone. I prefer to stick to dueling people I know are at least better than WC AIs.

Since the subject pertains to anime as well as the real life version I thought it would fit here.

I get where you're coming from, but this thread doesn't go in General simply because it has two other possible homes.

Moved to TCG.

Two guys at my locals are playing. One of them Books during damage step. After arguing that "quick-play means ANY TIME GAIZ" successfully (?), his opponent Bribes it.

He negates it with Barkion because it "negates the ACTIVATION".

It takes us ten minutes and a rulebook (I had just bought the Dragunity structure deck) to explain to him that no, you can't chain Barkion to a counter trap because of Speed Spells Spell Speeds, and no, YOU CAN'T BOOK IN THE DAMAGE STEP.

And this is the guy who often tops our locals.

Yea, I may not be up to date but how is premature burial more dangerous monster reborn?

Giant Trunade, Mist Valley archetype, and Ice Barrier archetype make it easily bounceable. Since its destruction effect doesn't destroy the monster if Premature Burial isn't destroyed, the monster will stay and allows reuse of PB.

Arms Hole/Hidden Armory and a few other cards make Premature searchable and recoverable.

Overall, thanks to a lot of balanced support, it's much more searchable, reusable, and recoverable than Monster Reborn and does something rather comparable at a small price.

It's at 1, no?

Probably a different list.

Monster Reborn is not banned in the current format, Megamorph is not banned (Metamorphosis is), and Sneak Attack might have been in a game. So if this was a game, your logic except for Sneak Attack makes sense, but otherwise you have some different holes.

I faced a kid once who thought that Pyro Clock of Destiny made me skip my turn.

As I mentioned, different list. It wasn't too long ago that Monster Reborn was banned, though I don't ever remember Megamorph being banned.

Sneak Attack is a pretty stupid card.

I wish they had made a bunch of cards that benefit from having their turns sped up in such a way that isn't outclassed so that PCoD wouldn't be horrible.

I've seen and had so many dumb moments in this game, but the biggest one I can remember is playing it.

Well, the most obvious thing you see is that people don't know of priority, but that's going away anyway, but people who do know it keep thinking that trigger effects, and quick effects are gonna apply to the new priority ruling.

Also, lolpeople think they can negate stuff with MST. And other lolpeoples thinking they can use stuff during Damage Step, besides cards that actually can. Also, one person thought Solomon's Lawbook skips the opponent's turn, because they didn't know that their Standby Phase was after their draw phase. Not during the opponent's entire turn.

Though I'm not sure if this is true or not, since he got, like, the entire school believing this. One person, for some strange reason, think that Counter Traps, apparently, have their own separate Spell Speed. Like, Seven Tools can't negate Judgement, because it has a slower Spell Speed. He's apparently the best at our school.

Well, the most obvious thing you see is that people don't know of priority, but that's going away anyway, but people who do know it keep thinking that trigger effects, and quick effects are gonna apply to the new priority ruling.

Quick effects should be unaffected by the ruling change. You can still summon Stardust and then negate the bottomless your opponent used against it.

Kid played a badly made E-Hero/Neo Spacian deck. He then raeged when he lost to an Evil Hero deck. Best day of my life.

Someone I was playing on Wc08(this was ages ago):

I attack with Wildheart

He plays Nightmare Wheel on it.

I attack with Wildheart, random replay occured

He plays Gravity Bind

See above

He finally uses Mirror Force.

See above.

He disconnects.

11/10 victory.

ah, the best thing of all.

people trying to convince me that Solemn Judgment negates Gorz simply cause it negates everything.

Oh how we "love" the damage step, and its occasional BS conditions.

Me: Shura attack, discard Kalut!

Opponent: Book.

This was in top 8 of my fairly good locals.

It depends on the situation who was the idiot there. Because if he automatically discarded Kalut then he is an idiot for not waiting for a response. If he waited for a response then discarded Kalut then the other guy is the idiot.

Archived