Pokemon Gen V Contest!

Βyakuya

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this was fast....I guess I have to speed up the due dates next time..Anyways, it's down to only five, and I will eliminate 2 more unlucky people!

Alright, you know that it's graded on:

-OCG

-Card Format

-Picture

-Battle Effectiveness

-Relation to Pokemon

Okay, here is the Round 4 results:

[spoiler=Results]

Spoon= 45/50 points

Zextra= 44/50 points

Tsukasa Hiiragi= 43/50 points

Talos the Wind Ninja= 42/50 points

AsterikAde= 41/50 points

Most of you either pokemon on the lines of Chandelure, Golurk, or Cofragigus. I Love Ghost type pokemon, but I have to get critical on you all. You all did more perfect as usual, but as always, a weakness. Some of you guys kinda balanced it will, but I want to see more better relation to pokemon. So, Talos the Wind Ninja and Asterikade are eliminated. You guy's cards were good, but they lacked balance of effect. Sorry that you guys had to leave....

Well, that ends Round 4. From here, only 3 remain. For this next round, one this time will be eliminated.

THE PENULTIMATE ROUND'S POKEMON TYPE IS: NORMAL

Oh yeah, normal. Quite a twist ain;t it? Now GO!

Guest Talos the Wind Ninja

Well this was fast....I guess I have to speed up the due dates next time..Anyways, it's down to only five, and I will eliminate 2 more unlucky people!

Alright, you know that it's graded on:

-OCG

-Card Format

-Picture

-Battle Effectiveness

-Relation to Pokemon

Okay, here is the Round 4 results:

[spoiler=Results]

Spoon= 45/50 points

Zextra= 44/50 points

Tsukasa Hiiragi= 43/50 points

Talos the Wind Ninja= 42/50 points

AsterikAde= 41/50 points

Most of you either pokemon on the lines of Chandelure, Golurk, or Cofragigus. I Love Ghost type pokemon, but I have to get critical on you all. You all did more perfect as usual, but as always, a weakness. Some of you guys kinda balanced it will, but I want to see more better relation to pokemon. So, Talos the Wind Ninja and Asterikade are eliminated. You guy's cards were good, but they lacked balance of effect. Sorry that you guys had to leave....

Well, that ends Round 4. From here, only 3 remain. For this next round, one this time will be eliminated.

THE PENULTIMATE ROUND'S POKEMON TYPE IS: NORMAL

Oh yeah, normal. Quite a twist ain;t it? Now GO!

I barely squeaked by that one.

It's okay. Alright. We have everyone's entries at last.

Okay, you know the drill, cards based on

-OCG

-Card Format

-Picture

-Battle effectiveness

-Relation to Pokemon...

Yadda Yadda.

Okay, here is the Round 5 results:

[spoiler=Results]

Spoon= 47/50 points

Zextra= 43/50 points

Tsukasa Hiiragi= 40/50 points

Well, it looks like Tsukasa Hiiragi is eliminated. The reason was of the loss in in OCG and card format, and originality. That leaves only two left! The final round is coming....

Well, this is it. Only 2 remain! This final round is special. THE LAST TYPE I ORDER YOU TO MAKE IS: DRAGON.

OH YEAH.....AS OF THIS.....YOU ALSO NEED TO MAKE TWO SUPPORT CARDS DEALING WITH IT, BOTH ONE SPELL AND ONE TRAP.

That is all.....the cards are due on Wednesday....Good Luck!

Wow...Spoon is my opponent? I'm really going to have to bust my brains out on this one...

Plus, I'm surprised I even got this far... Well, with that, I would like to say good luck to Spoon.

Same here, let's see who's the Pokemaniac of YCM :lol:

All I can say is: Good luck ;)

Well guys, I'm so sorry for the delay. Finally, I am able to announce and give away the grand prize! So, I will critique and criticize both set of works both you guys, Spoon and Zextra sent in. Both of you guys sent in cards based on Hydreigon, so it's gonna be close. Here are the final comments:

Spoon

-Not your best entry, really, sign seen worse, but about your pictures, they weren't bad. For the Outrage one, it looked more like a Hyoer Vioce kinda thing ain't it? The Hydreigon card didn't seem bad either. So I thing you're balanced on that.

-On your card effects, I thought the Draco Meteor card effect was like those Outrage effects, but it seemed kinda OPed in my opinion cause the moment you destroy every card, at the same point at which its your Standby Phase, you can tribute it and waste your deck by drawing a hell load of cards. I don;t think it would be much helpful or balanced, so yeah.

-For Outrage, I liked it. Brilliant, good OCG, balanced, but I can;t see out it could match up with Outrage.

-For Hydriegon, it's effects are everywhere. The OCG was moderate, but okay, and I'm not really sure of what its based on. And besides, it's at a high level and you can easily tribute a Zweilous for it. I was hoping for like a higher ATK level or that it's like a Synchro monster. So deduction on that.

Zextra

-For someone amateur and someone who has come so far in this contest, you are truly great to match with Spoon. So, looking at your cards, you did Hydreigon differently, as with your Spell and traps. About your Hydreigon, both alternate pics are well, but it was necessary I needed one. The top one did seem very nice however.

-On focus, your Hydreigon didn't seem so bad. At first, before I looked at the lorem I thought it was gonna be awesome. However, I felt taht the mishmash of counters didn't really go well with Hydreigon. it felt like a different archtype was used. I can't know what effect it was based on. I suggest upgrading it a level and add more ATK and DEF to it to keep the pace. Also, an effect like that would be too slow to use. I really don't get it.

-For your Spell, not bad really. Kinda hard to comprehend, but simple at most. Hoever, it would take time to lay out that plan into effect. I guess that would help your Hydreigon at least.

-Lastly, your trap, it was well made. I dunno how it could be an effective continuous trap, but I don't know if its for the best. And very useful really, especially when your opponent uses a Dragon deck. Your spell and traps work fine, but in all, I think you overdid it on Hydreigon.

-----------------------------------------

Okay, how this works, The person who wins this round is.......................................Zextra!!!!!!

BUT HOLD THE APPLAUSE There is no winner yet. The winner gains 50 bonus points. In order for the winner to appear, I have to add all total points gained from previous rounds. I will address the total scores tomorrow, and the one who has the most out of 300 points, will win 1000 points, the total of points they gained, and 2 reps. Tomorrow are the final results. Be sure to see them!

...God this was so much typing....

Gnah, lost in the direct matchup :( But maybe, just maybe... I won at least some rounds, and I don't wanna spoiler myself by looking at the old results in detail now... well, whoever wins, it was probably well deserved.

Thanks for the detailed analysis, I knew I overdid it a little with Meteor, but oh well, Dragons aren't my favourites (think I never used one since the Red Edition), though that's no excuse for a poor performance here.

All that remains to say is: Good luck, Zextra, you were a worthy opponent :lol:

Archived