YCM Interviews

RAEGING D0GKING

[quote name='NightWalker' timestamp='1299960044' post='5069134']
The trolls think they are humorous.
The YCM members are mainly 8-12 years old, the rest tend to be immature.

Put 1 and 1 together, this guy will never be dealt with.
He will be rewarded a couple of warns, which he will take pride in.
But that is all.
[/quote]

I'm just saying. Maybe if he was actually funny it wouldn't be a problem. His post are as funny as "Little Nicky".

Oh well, I suppose this thread will die unless Odin does something.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry everyone, I took a day off of here to move on with my personal life and I'm looking for a job, so I've been busy. Anyway, the interviews that I am currently working on will continue.

Also, for those of you who have done interviews thus far, I also ask follow-up questions based off of Dark's style of interviewing. Being relatively unfamiliar with all of your pasts and such and not knowing most of you for all that long, I usually base my follow-up questions on your answers to the standard questions. Keep this in mind.

For the members that I have not asked follow-up questions to yet, be prepared for them. Now, I have 260+ things to check, and 7 PMs to review. I might be a little slow in response. Thanks for your patience ^^

[i]I also ask follow-up questions[/i]

That's a very good idea. Not only does it help with transitioning (as in, you can transition into another question based on the answer to the first), but this way you don't even need to know the person to get an idea of what questions you ask them.

"So, what forums to you frequently visit on YCM?"
"General, and maybe some Games."
"Okay, so what are your favorite games on YCM? What kind of games would you like to make in the future?"

Smogon does their interviews like this, so I'll link you.

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue14/interview

You don't really have to follow their format, because I don't like their format for a YCM interview thing, but the transitions are extremely smooth and it suits the "follow-up question" method you plan on using.

[s]no one ever interviewed me yet[/s]

So I was reading the Yin interview, as that is the person I know best out of the three new interviews (although I don't know Yin at all).

You had some interesting questions towards the end, although a lot of them were really stale and could be combined. Favorite color, food, drink, and sport could be combined into just talking about favorites. That doesn't mean you have to add three more questions if you combine those four, but it makes for a more organized interview.

Also, if possible, bolding the questions also keeps the interviews a bit more organized.

I like your question choices, though, particularly the one talking about YCM/irl inspirations and who Yin would like to meet in real life.

Nice interview Flandre xD
Glad you like DEF more than other reading stuff =P
Seph smashing an ATM made me lol, dunno why..
And Yin's background and tastes were interesting discoveries to me.
One recommendation I'd make is add the follow-up questions (ones based on given answers) within the interview, like the DEF questions probably should have been formatted together rather than separate.

But yeah, interesting stuff.

Archived