YCM Interviews

RAEGING D0GKING

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[center][quote name='Dark at Icyblue' timestamp='1299804428' post='5065492'][/center][b][center][b][i]Hohoho, avoiding the question! So I'm going to blatantly assume you'd demote YCMaker, since that seems like the super badass thing to do.[/i][/b][/center][/b][b][center][b][/quote][/b][/center][/b]
[center][b][quote name='Dark at Icyblue' timestamp='1299804428' post='5065492'][/b][/center][center][b]So, you're on a boat, and the only other people on this boat are the female members from YCM. You have to reproduce because I said so, and you want to keep humans alive until someone rescues you. Name a single person of the opposite gender you wouldn't mind banging for a night or two. ;D[/b][b][/quote][/b][b]
[/b][/center]
[center][b][quote name='Dark at Icyblue' timestamp='1299804428' post='5065492'][/b][/center][i][center][i][b]So Icy likes to keep his love life a secret... Well, the ladies of YCM, he may have not answered whether he wants to bang you or not, but this man is siiiiingle![/b][/i][b][/quote][/b][/center][/i]
[center][quote name='Dark at Icyblue' timestamp='1299804428' post='5065492'][/center][b][center][b][i]How the hell do you pronounce that? And Pidgin sounds like Pidgit, Pidgit reminds me of Pidgit Bill, and Pidgit Bil reminds me of Super Mario World. "good fo wen gon say a'ole" Good for when the a****** is gone? God, I suck.[/i][/b][/center][/b][center][/quote][/center][center]
[/center]My favorite lines from Icyblue's interview. God, that was hilarious and made me laugh.

[quote name='Dark' timestamp='1299804428' post='5065492']
Here we go.

[spoiler=Dark's Interview with Icyblue (almost a rhyme)]

The questions are in [b]bold[/b].
Icy's replies are in regular text.
My (few) comments are in [b][i]bold italics[/i][/b].

[b]First, describe yourself. Who are you, why the hell are you at Yugioh Card Maker, how old are you, and [s]why do you live in Hawaii[/s] where do you live?[/b]

I was originally active on Gaiaonline when I was looking for a guild to join about Yugioh and at the time was using another cardmaker that was extremely poor even by hand drawn standards (I drew my own cards for years). Haha one of my favorites was the Elemental Hero Galactus line, which I drew before Neos or even knew exactly how Heroes were played.

I came on YCM in Jan 2008, I was 16 or 17 at the time. Can't really remember for the life of me, someone else can do the math. And at the time I was living in Waipio-Gentry just past the Kipapa Gulch on Oahu. Currently 19 years old and still actively enjoying this website.

[b]It seems to me that your favorite color is blue. Y'know, blue avatars all the time, your name is Icy[i]blue[/i]. Can you give us some insight as to why you have such an obsession with this color?[/b]

You know I originally had an obsession with Beige, because I find it an absolutely amazing color. Even though it's bland, there's this calm, monotonous feeling to it I enjoyed. But as I studied art and interpretation more, Blue became a mainstay for me. As even though the color itself is bland, when you adjust the saturation and light/dark values of it the color can remind you and invoke so many different emotions. I started to in a sense, fall in love with the color. And it's been that way for nearly 10 years now.

[b]So, you're definitely older than the average high school student. What are you studying in college, what classes do you currently take, and how fun is it for you? I'm sure going to college in Hawaii would be fun. Is your major science related, or are you a freelance writer type of guy?[/b]

I am actually on my way to study Game and Simulation Design in College. And hopefully take some localized language courses wherever I can get them. So I really can't say how fun it is, but I know it will be in some way as it will help me learn more in my chosen temp career path (if that makes sense).

And it's interesting that you ask me about the Science and Writing. Because down the path, I do wish to write a couple books. Albeit mainly on Spirituality and Psychology. As well as get into politics so that I may help my fellow humans out as best I can. (And I know some of you will say I'm too emotional, but have you stopped to consider that maybe... just maybe it's a personality trait?).

[b]You seem like an animal kind of person, so how many pets do you have? GIVE US COLORS AND NAMES AND SPECIES. You seem like a parrot kind of guy, really.[/b]

I actually do have one pet at the moment, a dog. It is a German Shepherd Mix, however I do not know it's full breed without calling the owners of her mother. She may be a rough dog but she's mine. And her name is Blue. I do wish to own a few exotic animals in the future, especially a Tibetan Mastiff.

[center][img]http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/68233_1564366357226_1477401415_31369548_570074_n.jpg[/img]
Thats me and her just before Christmas. Wrestling on my bed.[/center]

[b][i]That is one huge dog. [u]^_____^[/u][/i][/b]

[b]You're always on MSN, and every time I log on I see you either online or away because you're eating. So who would you think is your bestest buddy considering all the active people you see on MSN? Who do you talk to the most, and what do you talk with them about?[/b]

Haha. I'm not sure how to answer this one without fear of hurting someones feeling, because each person that I talk to on a regular basis means a lot to me in their own special way. Some are from YCM others are not. So I'll give a little shoutout to the ones I talk to the most. YCM members first (they'll be the one's using Aliases).

Kokonoe: You are a great friend, and even though you have some little knacks that can annoy me from time to time (like dragging me into group convo's when I'm in a terrible mood); you mean a lot to me even if it's a morning/evening hello and listen to me about why I've been emotional. Haha, and just yesterday was fun when me, you and another friend of mine talked about how I'd look cute as a goth girl (don't ask people... you had to be there).
Fenrir: Dude, you're my right hand man at EVERYTHING. Which btw, I can still blow a larger hole in my septic tank than you.
Essence: You are my teacher, my hanai'i sister and most of all my friend. While you don't come online often at all. You really helped me in so many ways, it's hard to find a proper way to thank you.
Zalphyr/Yankeefan/Yin: All great friends I've known throughout my years on YCM. From even before we were all moderators. J-Max would be here if he hopped on it like he used to.
Ali': My fellow art criminal.
-----
Marley: My best friend IRL. Nothing really to be said, other than her health means more to me than my own.
Dorian: Like a brother to me. And it'll always be that way.
And the others like; Shadius/SaturnPaladin/Laurajane/Soldis/Meghan/Leonardo/etc... seriously there's too many here xD. I could write you a book on each person that I talk to actively.

[b]Did you find YCM because a friend referred you, or because you were dumb enough to Google Yugioh Card Maker? Why have you stayed for so long? Do you feel the forum as a whole is getting worse or better, and how long do you plan to stay? (Yeah, I know this is like four questions in one. :[u][/u]D)[/b]

I answered the first part of the question in my initial reply I believe. And no I do not feel like it's getting worst. I honestly feel like it's improving greatly from its huge year long slump and that's a great thing to witness to me. And I've really just stayed on so long, because of so many wonderful people I've met. Sure, maybe not the same as you but they're all noteworthy.

Seeing as a hobby is just that, I'll never take an official leave until this site shuts down.

[b]If you had to promote one member to moderator status and demote one member who is currently moderator status, who would your two picks be? Don't try avoiding this question, mister. D:<[/b]

I would REALLY rather not answer the demotion question. However, if I could promote one user to moderator. At the moment it would be both Smesh and Zandaa. Smesh for the lower parts of Custom Cards and Zandaa for the upper parts. Sure, we may not all see eye to eye but they're the best parts for the job at the moment.

[b][i]Hohoho, avoiding the question! So I'm going to blatantly assume you'd demote YCMaker, since that seems like the super badass thing to do.[/i][/b]

[b]Realistic Cards seems to be your forte in YCM. As one of the only moderators for this section, what are your future plans for the section? Are there any big events coming up, or any huge rule changes?[/b]

At the moment I have 1 big CC event happening every month inside the sections. It is always forum wide and invites people from Graphics, TCG/Decks and Custom Cards. We work together to create events that are not only fun and engaging but also informative and test the skills of various aspects of cardmaking. Even if through unconventional methods.

However the current event is relegated to .Kowalski due to my study duties so PM him any questions regarding the Custom Cards RPG event. Sorry.

[b]Name one member that you absolutely despise on YCM. And if you are too afraid to give a name, name one member that you wished was banned permanently from the forum.[/b]

Really, none. All the ones that I have wanted gone, are already gone. :P

[b]So, you're on a boat, and the only other people on this boat are the female members from YCM. You have to reproduce because I said so, and you want to keep humans alive until someone rescues you. Name a single person of the opposite gender you wouldn't mind banging for a night or two. ;D[/b]

(I know I dodged this one but lets save it for another time please).

[b]So what does your love life look like in real life? You gettin' all the ladies, or flying solo? You can be honest with us, Icy, only some of us will laugh.[/b]

Lol... I keep my lovelife hidden from even a majority of my friends. While it isn't a sensitive area for me, I do not feel comfortable mentioning it or the girl involved outside subtle hints. However, at the moment I'm "flying solo" as it were.

[b][i]So Icy likes to keep his love life a secret... Well, the ladies of YCM, he may have not answered whether he wants to bang you or not, but this man is siiiiingle![/i][/b]

[b]This may seem like an odd question, but run us through a day in the life of your fridge? What do you keep stocked, what foods do you eat the most, what types of [s]beer[/s] drinks do you like, and the eternal question: wheat bread or white bread?[/b]

I can only eat typically processed foods due to how my digestive system treats natural foods. I do drink a lot of Pepsi and Water. And prefer White Bread.

[b]Give us the best pun or joke you can think of in English, and then translate it to your native language.[/b]

I do not speak a "native language" per'se but apparently the dialect is considered thick enough to be considered one in many places. This makes explaining jokes with it kinda hard to laugh at unless it was originally in that form. So for the sake of time and ease I will translate the who I'd pick to be a moderator paragraph into Pidgin.

Bra no can dakine, stay smell hauna weneva gon say. But can go say who like. Stay like Smesh an Zandaa, buggas good wit wat dey tink. No tink lai me but tink real dakine, good fo wen gon say a'ole to da keiki an whoeva else a? Buggas gon gon. Jus dakine, no feel rai't a?

[b][i]How the hell do you pronounce that? And Pidgin sounds like Pidgit, Pidgit reminds me of Pidgit Bill, and Pidgit Bil reminds me of Super Mario World. "good fo wen gon say a'ole" Good for when the a[u][/u]sshole is gone? God, I suck.[/i][/b]

[b]That's all, folks. Glad to see you've gotten a taste of the real Icyblue. =P[/b][/spoiler]
[/quote]

This. Is. Gold.
Very good guide into the mind of Josh, if I hadn't known him as much as I already do, I would have learned a lot.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1299802919' post='5065398']
Dark, would you mind doing me as well? I currently just did an interview for FTW and we could post both of them, compare and have the members decide and give feed back.
[/quote]

Me too please? :mellow:
I'm doing FTW's questions but wouldn't mind getting some from Dark too.=D

Yeah and I'm also suggesting Saturnpaladin.

Like others have said, if you know a person well, try to not use generic questions. It gets bland rather quickly.

With that said, Dark's interview with Icy is one of my favorites. It should be obvious why.

Now, I'm not sure if he's been nominated at all, but I think Fusion X. Denver is deserving an interview. I hope to see more, and I certainly hope this doesn't die off as easily as the others.

[quote name='Nu.' timestamp='1299926869' post='5068185']
yes
[/quote]

Was there really any point in you posting, beside making yourself look like a dumb ass for no apparent reason?

[quote name='.Kowalski' timestamp='1299951367' post='5068789']
Dark's interview >>>>>>>>>>>>> [b]OP[/b] ones
[/quote]

And this.

[quote name='â–º Jolta â—„' timestamp='1299934898' post='5068257']
I would love to see YCM from a newbie's point of view.

Not so much of a newbie, but, Crystal Star. Yes.

I remember the old thread...
[/quote]
I'm a newb D;

I want to see Poc and Death Metal....

[quote name='NightWalker' timestamp='1299952453' post='5068826']
Was there really any point in you posting, beside making yourself look like a dumb ass for no apparent reason?
[/quote]

[img]http://www.nataliedee.com/032109/i-would-venture-to-say-hell-yes.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1299959814' post='5069119']
^Seriously, just ban him...this attempt at attention seeking is pathetic.
[/quote]

The trolls think they are humorous.
The YCM members are mainly 8-12 years old, the rest tend to be immature.

Put 1 and 1 together, this guy will never be dealt with.
He will be rewarded a couple of warns, which he will take pride in.
But that is all.

Archived