YCM Interviews

RAEGING D0GKING

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1302723177' post='5135771']
I understand.

You ARE still on speaking terms with Odin right now, right?
[/quote]
As far as I know, yes. He did tell me to keep it going a couple of days ago. Lately he has been very inactive and busy, from what I have been told.

[quote name='TheComposer' timestamp='1302735378' post='5136262']
I will nominate ragnarok1945 for teh lulz.... and because I think it would be interesting.
[/quote]
You are a bit late.

[spoiler=ragnarok1945][b]What is your first name?[/b]

James

[b]Where were you born?[/b]

China

[b]What's your real age?[/b]

Not for you to know. I'm older than you FTW, let's just leave it at that

[b]Do you have any siblings (if yes what are their names)?[/b]

Yeah but it's been way too many years since last I saw them

[b]What is your favorite color?[/b]

Black

[b]What is your favorite food?[/b]

Too many to choose out of

[b]What is your favorite drink?[/b]

Probably soda

[b]What is your favorite sport?[/b]

Not the athletic type

[b]What are your favorite sweets?[/b]

I haven't eaten sweets in more than 8 years

[b]What are your favorite T.V. programs?[/b]

I don't. Family's in a financial crisis. Haven't had a TV in my house for more than 18 months.

[b]What is your favorite Anime & Manga?[/b]

Not an anime person. Before ygo I had virtually none.

[b]If you could go back in time to any time period, where would you go and why?[/b]

Probably back to when I was 14 to change some times back in high school.

[b]Have you ever met any celebrities?[/b]

No

[b]What goals do you hope to accomplish in real life?[/b]

After more than 20 years of being told I'm a failure at everything in life, I stopped caring. And don't say to have faith. Faith has its limits too.

[b]How did you find YCM?[/b]

The moderator known as Yin was once called CinderFallenAngel. She and I met on the ygo forum I joined. That was back in Oct 2005, before YCM even existed. She told me of this, where I googled it.

[b]How did you come up with your username?[/b]

Same as my old one, though I had to add the numbers in the back

[b]Why did you decide to join YCM?[/b]

To help others

[b]Which sections are you mostly active in?[/b]

I was once in RC, but after.........................major turbulence, I'm unsure now.

[b]Who is your best friend in YCM?[/b]

Omega Red, DL401, Tom, Phantom Roxas, Zalpyr, and so on

[b]If you became a mod how could you help YCM?[/b]

What needs to be done

[b]If you could meet anyone in YCM in real life who would it be and why?[/b]

Omega Red. He has so far been the ONLY YCM member I have spoken to on webcam.

[b]Do you have any current plans or projects for YCM in mind?[/b]

No

[b]Do you think you are famous in YCM?[/b]

"famous" is a POV, my friend. What one person sees isn't what another sees.

[b]What goals do you hope to accomplish on YCM?[/b]

I don't, not anymore.

[b]How did you become officially unbanned from YCM? Why were you banned in the first place? How do you think your return will affect YCM?[/b]

That's a LONG story. If people want to know it, they'd have to speak to me on MSN. For that they'd have to PM me, I don't give that out publicly.

How my return will affect YCM, well that's going to depend on what the people know about me. I HAD been gone a year, after all. And form what I saw about the comments of "how the hell did rag get this far" from YMB2, I think I already got my answer.

[b]What advice do you have to offer to newer YCMembers. Why?[/b]

I don't, not anymore. Not after I've been accused for so long of every suggestion I give is utter crap to everyone.

[b]When asked what you would do if you were a mod, you said "What needs to be done". Please elaborate. What do you think needs to be done? Why? How would you go about doing it?[/b]

I cannot elaborate on that without going into criticism. Besides, it's not like I'd have the time for it anyway. College work keeps me busy.

[b]You also said that you have never met any celebrities. Are there any you would like to me? Who? Why or why not?[/b]

No, because being famous isn't all it's cracked up to be.

[b]How have things changed in the year you were banned? What functions in your opinion has changed for the better? What functions in your opinion have changed for the worse?[/b]

Hard to tell after a year. The forum is certainly slower, topics have become more boring in General.

I don't pay attention to the functions of the forum in terms of the better, you pay attention to TOO much, it'll drive you crazy.

In terms of the worse, it's a shame you can't delete your own posts anymore, never understood why they took that away. The rest I'll have to find out as it comes.

[b]What is your overall opinion of the new forum? Why do you think that?[/b]

Overall opinion: I guess that'll have to depend on how people see me. Remember, half the people in YMB2 complained about "how the hell rag got this far". This is why I feel this way.

There might be those who heard the stories, but there's no such thing as a non-biased story, and different stories have different sides. The truth lies somewhere in the middle.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=TheComposer/Fignus][b]What is your first name?[/b]
Ryan. So plain, I know.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus[/color]
[b]
Where were you born?[/b]
California. What, were you expecting more? I laugh at you silly man.

[color="#FF0000"]Why should YOU need to know?[/color]
15. I'm still a young one. Don't know if that's good or bad.... probably good, since it just means the awesomeness that is my life will continue even longer.

[color="#FF0000"]Old enough to beat you down and make you cry.[/color]

I have 3 bros, William, Walter (we call him Wally), and Louie. I have 1 sister named Laura.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus has no need of... siblings.[/color]
[b]
What is your favorite color?[/b]
Green

[color="#FF0000"]The color of blood[/color]

Mac and Cheese. And not the crappy kind they serve at places like Denny's, I'm talking about Kraft Mac and Cheese made by yours truly.

[color="#FF0000"]Flesh. It's no good if it's rotting though, so it must be fresh.[/color]

Milk. Or more specifically 2%

[color="#FF0000"]Fresh blood from a man who's just died.[/color]

Football.

[color="#FF0000"]Hunting.[/color]
[b]
What are your favorite sweets?[/b]
Fun Dip

[color="#FF0000"]Sweets are for sissies like you.[/color]

Wipeout and Two and a Half Men

[color="#FF0000"]TV just makes you idiots even stupider.[/color]
[b]
What is your favorite Anime & Manga?[/b]
Naruto

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus has no need for such worthless things.[/color]
[b]
If you could go back in time to any time period, where would you go and why?[/b]
Probably the Enlightenment, since that's when the old way of thinking was shifted towards the new way of thinking, and I would like to see the transition.

[color="#FF0000"]Any time period with lots of death, since Fignus would be participating in the slaughtering.[/color]

No.

[color="#FF0000"]No.[/color]

I hope to get to a good college and then get a job doing something I like to do.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus will rule the world. Not a matter of if, it's when.[/color]

I just randomly felt like making a YGO card one day and googled this place.

[color="#FF0000"]^ He dragged Fignus here.[/color]

The Composer is the main villain n my favorite game The World Ends With You.

[color="#FF0000"]^ This fool got it from a friend and decided to give it to Fignus.[/color]

I wanted to post my cards to see how good they were, so the only way to do that was to join.

[color="#FF0000"]^ This guy forced Fignus to join.[/color]

Games and C&O. Unless you want to call the status bar a section.

[color="#FF0000"]Does it really matter what sections Fignus is most active in?[/color]

I would have to say Engetsu is. I talk to him more than anyone else, and he's a really cool guy to talk to, especially when I'm bored, which is a lot. Poor guy XD

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus has no need of friends.[/color]

I would make sure the rules are actually followed (gasp) and I wouldn't let any one mod control the Mod CP by pushing the other mods around.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus would help by enforcing strict rules to weed out any weaklings who do not deserve to be within Fignus's presence.[/color]

Tough one. Probably FTW (For The Wynn) since he seems like a cool dude and he seems like someone I would actually hang out with irl.

[color="#FF0000"]No one since no one on YCM is worthy of being in Fignus's real presence.[/color]
[b]
Do you have any current plans or projects for YCM in mind?[/b]
Not really. I wish I did though.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus doesn't and Fignus will never have one since Fignus does not care.[/color]
[b]
Do you think you are famous in YCM?[/b]
I don't think I'm "famous". I know quite a bit of people know me, but not enough to be famous.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus is famous no matter where Fignus goes.[/color]

I don't have really any goals right now, other become more popular and do better in the next YMB.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus will take over YCM.[/color]

[b]This question is for TheComposer only. You said your goal is to "become more popular and do better in the next YMB". How do you plan on doing this? Why?[/b]
I plan on just being a better member, and more active overall. This way more people will get to know me, and they won't hate me :P I only want to do this because it gives me something to strive for, and it shows where I stand in this forum.

[b]This is for Fignus only. How do you plan on "taking over" YCM? Why? What will you do with it should you succeed?[/b]
[color="#FF0000"]All at once. It shall be a surprise attack, other than that Fignus cannot disclose Fignus's plan on a public interview for obvious reasons. Fignus would then make this an anarchy, just to see what would become of this place.[/color]

[b]YCM has certainly changed quite a bit over time. How do you feel that this change has been for the better? How do you feel it has been for the worse? What would you change right now and why?
[/b]Well I haven't been here to experience most of the change that has happened. I think it has changed for the worse only because certain members including my first YCM friend left, and I think it has made the forum less active because of it. I would change the forum by introducing more things to do, like contests, competitions,
and anything else that would make people more involved.

[b]You both said that you have never met any celebrities. Is there anyone you would like to meet? Why or why not? If so who, and why do you want to meet them? Is there anyone who inspires you, and if so how?
[/b]There's no one that I really want to meet and no one that inspires me because they are still human beings. I think we all lead different paths, so I don't want to follow in another's footsteps.

[color="#FF0000"]Fignus admires no one, for no one is better than Fignus, so why would Fignus want to meet these nobodies?[/color]

[b]This is another question strictly for TheComposer. Why do you think Fignus refers to himself in third person? Why is he irritable?[/b]
He refers to himself in the third person because in his eyes there is no one more important than himself. He is irritable because he hates it when others speak to him like they are equals, since he thinks he is better than them.
[b]
This is strictly for Fignus. How do you feel about living with TheComposer? Why do you consider him a fool?[/b]
[color="#FF0000"]Living with him is worth it. He's the only person Fignus would never kill, since we think along the same lines and he is the one who created me. He is a fool because he is too soft! Softness is a sign of weakness and foolishness.[/color][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kowalski][b]What is your first name[/b]?
Preffer not to give it out, especially that it's a foreign one

Poland

Yes, 10 years old brother. Won't give name, sorry

Red

Pizza

No, I like pretty much everything

Voleyball, ski jumping

Nothig beats a classic bar of white chocolate ^^

I have some, but they're Polish, so yeah

Yu-Gi-Oh, Rio: Rainbow Gate

[b]If you could go back in time to any time period, where would you go and why?[/b]
Probably feudal Japan, I always like it

Some local ones

Become a famous computer game creator

Accidentally. I was searching for something in google, and I saw some YGO card I never seen before. Link to YCM was under it.

My favorite character from Penguings from Madagascar :D

To post cards, and because I started to get into competitive playing

TCG, Written Cards, Your Deck

-Dae- :D

Revise the rules for my section, start banning annoying people, basic stuff

-Dae- :P

I'm currently writing a fanfic if that counts

Well-known, yes. Famous, don't think so

Nothing actually, I just hang out here to kill time etc.

[b]You said that you were "well-known" but not "famous". How do you feel the two differ? Would you like to be famous on here? Why or why not?[/b]
By well-known, I mean that when people see me, they're like "oh, I know the guy". If I were famous, people would overreact. Obviously I'd like to be famous. I mean, who doesn't?

[b]YCM has gone through a lot of changes over the years. How do you feel that YCM has changed for the better? For the worse? What would you like to see changed in YCM and why?[/b]
I'm one of the few people that actually like the changes. New forum feels a lot better than the old one, there were a lot of improvements. Though we have some big problems lately, hopefully YCMaker will fix them soon. I don't think anything needs to be changed more.

[b]You mentioned that you have met some "local" celebrities. Who else would like to meet? Why? Has meeting these celebrities had any impact on your life, and if so why?[/b]
I'd like to meet Masaaki Endoh. People who listen to his songs will know why. He's just an awesome singer and I'd want to see/talk to him in real life. Honestly, meeting celebrities doesn't have a big impact on my life, as people rarely believe me...

[b]You also said that you would like to go back to feudal Japan. Why? What would you do there?[/b]
Well, looking at the pictures and reading about it doesn't give you the feel. I'd like to see it for myself, see how people exactly lived there, what did cities look like etc.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Wahrheit][b]What is your first name?[/b]
My full first name is Mattison, but I prefer Matt for obvious reasons. I still don't like it online, so I use screennames like Wahrheit.

Portland, Oregon.

17, born October 22nd 1993. Same day as Cyber Altair. ;)

[b]Do you have any siblings? What are their names?[/b]
I have a 13 year-old little brother named Chase.

Either navy blue, carnelian, or black (which I know is a shade not a color).

Probably a well-made Reuben sandwich. I like it with fresh corned beef, nice and plump with some fat for flavor but not too much. It helps if the sauerkraut is also fresh for a little more crunch with stronger flavor, and a thousand island whipped with just enough horseradish for a kick but not too much to make it hurt. Like a warm sort of pinch to keep you awake and enhance the flavors.

I love food and cooking, so yeah.

Anybody who knows me well will tell you I'm always doing something, and I always have a bigger todo list than what I'm able to accomplish at any given time. For that reason, my favorite drink is Vault. You thought I was going to say Mountain Dew! I love that as well, but when I can get my hands on Vault there isn't ANYONE getting within 10 feet of my case.

Hands down, lacrosse. It's intense, it's gripping, and there's a lot of action and strategy and really everything a sport should have. What other sport gives competitors weapons and asks them to beat the snot out of each other with them as part of the competition?

The good stuff always has chocolate in it, always. This is one of the best desserts I've ever had. A chocolate fudge sort of cake with a molten chocolate lava inside. A raspberry glaze sauce as well. It was amazing.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9Fysq.jpg[/img]

[b]What are your favorite TV programs?[/b]
In no particular order:

House
Lie to Me
The Mentalist
Community
The Office
30 Rock
Outsourced
Yu-Gi-Oh (Original, GX, 5D's)
America's Next Great Restaurant
Bob's Burgers
Saturday Night Live
The (Celebrity) Apprentice
Parenthood
No Ordinary Family
...and many more.

[b]What are your favorite anime/mangas?[/b]
Liar Game. No question, nothing else necessary. Liar Game is well written, interesting, deep, and it messes with your head. Read it on Mangafox. It's amazing.

[b]If you could go back to any time period, where would you go and why?[/b]
Quite possibly Spain during the Renaissance. We studied it a lot in AP Euro and it sounds really beautiful and amazing. I'd also like to see Italy at that time, their art and whatnot is just profound.

Yeah, actually. I'm kind of tight with the Powell brothers, I'm friends with Ryan on facebook (yes his actual account) and I've met all of Switchfoot personally before. We had some Coldstone together after one of their shows, it was great. The lead singer is a really chill guy and they play some pretty good music. I run some songs of theirs in the main playlist on my radio and their whole discography is requestable. I hope to meet Yellowcard this next weekend, maybe All Time Low and Hey Monday too.

[b]What goals do you hope to accomplish in life?[/b]
I want to get in to a really great law school and get my degree and pass the Illinois bar and work in Chicago, probably to do with Family Law. I've had a really tough family life so far and it's important to me that other kids won't have to have the hardships that I have. I want to be able to do some pro bono but to afford that I've also got to make some money as well. Hopefully things will go well, but I know I have to work for it.

Oh, I've kind of always been around. I didn't join until December '07 for whatever reason, but I was in the shadows for a while before that. I think I found it when I was looking for a less-shoddy way to make cards than my own Photoshopping prowess.

People probably want to hear about all of them, so I'll give the full run.

Darkthorne: Really, I had to come up with some name for an online RPG once and I was really into dark magic classes at the time and dragons and stuff. It just kind of came to me after that. I mean I was like 7 when I picked it, so it sorta stuck.

Draco Straybyrn: I actually came up with this for one of God Kaze's contests, back when he was still decent at writing (diss!) and I wanted to win the points and prestige. I was pissed when I didn't win because I probably made one of the most solid efforts out there, but whatever. After that, well, the rest is legend.

Matt Enloe: Self explanatory. C'mon.

Deus: This was actually bestowed upon me by a good friend. He complimented my skills of judgment and administration and dealing with people who were unruly, so he dubbed me Deus and from there it just stuck. Nobody else seemed to have it and I got a lot of respect. Some hated me because they thought I gave it to myself, but again it didn't bother me much. When I used this name I actually had a great number of people following me and I managed a pretty big and prestigious guild on a game. I was "kind of a big deal", haha. Good times.

Wahrheit: This really just felt more appropriate. I love the practice of argumentation and this just sort of fit a lot better than Deus did. I get a lot less flak about it and it sounds more fun to say. Most people can say it half-right, anyway. Nobody speaks Latin anymore. It's German for Truth, and I was intent on picking a German name just because of how fun the words are to say. Truth translated to the coolest, easiest-to-say, shortest one and it also resonated with me pretty hard. Most people know me to be a righteous, truth-bearing dude so I work to keep that. Some would say otherwise though, like most stuff I take a stand on.

The people, the fun, the cards, the graphics. You know, the whole deal. It got a lot more involved as time went on and I started to notice people paying attention to me though. I started doing contests, card sets, the whole works.

Mostly General, some of the Multimedia, and Debates. I'd like to be more active and encouraging of higher-quality debates soon, so look for those. I like arguing.

[b]Who is your best friend on YCM?[/b]
Probably Umbra. Bros for life. BR0Z. 4. LYF3.

[b]If you became a moderator, how could you help YCM?[/b]
I'd probably first of all work on an increase of general posting quality. Some of the stuff that gets posted really shouldn't, and the best way to lead is by example.

After that it's really important for there to be an active admin, someone other than me probably. Heck I would probably not be able to be a mod right now because of high school senior status and running all the things I do.

But yeah it's important that updates and news and announcements and events and fun things like that happen. People like interaction, so you gotta give it to 'em!

[b]If you could meet anyone from YCM in real life who would it be and why?[/b]
TY DONNELLY
CALLE ANDEN
REECE WILLIAMS

We're like the four broest bros that ever were to bro.

I've been asked not to carry on any "movements" by the moderation team (and really that's fair to them, so no biggie) but I have some ideas and a group of people I think will be able to help me with them, so we'll see what happens. I'm looking for a sort of overhaul of the Debates forum specifically because I was banned before I could get that going when I wanted to. I'd also like to see an improvement of the general critique given to graphic artists. A lot of the stuff is just filler with big words to intimidate others and lacks a sort of perspective or appreciation that art really deserves. Finally, it would be interesting to see a Tracker implemented for YCM (there is free software available for IP.Board we could use) and I don't think it's unfeasible.

Well, maybe not anymore, but I've been referred to by others as legendary soooooo...

In all honesty, probably yeah. I hope that this time around things will go a little bit more smoothly with everybody. Just gotta hope for the best and keep a positive outlook and help others, yeah?

I'd like Team Awesome (see above) to get a nice grip on things and up the par a little bit, if any. It would be nice to leave YCM better than I found it when life gets in the way eventually.

[b]As a semi-new member, not all of us are familiar with YCM's past. A lot of people remember YCM more fondly from back then. How has YCM changed between since you first joined? In your opinion, what has changed for the better and what has changed for the worse? What should be changed?[/b]
When I first joined, it was all a little bit chaotic. People were running around being rude, graphics was a heap of steaming poo, clubs was pretty much a joke (protip: still is), nothing was really actually getting said and it seemed like everybody was just a little bit out there. Since then, people have seemed to consolidate and build on themselves and others a lot, especially those who have been here the whole time. Some are mods now, some aren't, but there's overall definitely been an improvement. Even the new users seemed to observe and respect the traditions and standards my old bros and I created, and that's something really cool to see and appreciate even now.

Some stuff is better, some stuff is worse, and some has gotten worse since it's gotten better.

Better:

Moderation team. Good word, you guys are impressive now. You're calm, collected, GENERALLY cohesive, and you're making an outstandingly impressive effort to keep this site alive despite your fearless leader not giving you much direction. That's incredibly commendable and I wish my team was as dedicated and focused as you all are. Three cheers for excellence, I say!

More forums. Yeah, some of them were just kind of necessary. It's good that Multimedia is there now, it really is. And, I mean Debates. Not to toot my own horn or anything.

Member intelligence. The more you work to improve yourself, the more other people will compete with you and try to do the same thing themselves. It all goes in an upspiral rather nicely! Unfortunately the opposite can be true as well, so keep your heads up.

Worse:

This one should be obvious; YCMaker. He used to make far more community posts and interactive things when I was still a lowling, and from what I've seen he's barely even on at all these days. That sucks, it's his site anyway. I know he posted that I should be banned, but I'm not entirely aware if he gave a decent (see: couple sentences) explanation as to why or not. I don't think he did (it's not likely anyway) and that's kinda lame even. I remember this one time he actually took the time to argue with me and help me understand a lot about the way the site works (I was like, 12? 13?) and that made me respect him a ton. He's done a lot of work and he's a really admirable guy, especially from the perspective of somebody else who owns a community. I'm not tryna hate on him at all, I appreciate everything he's given the internets and this is a cool place to be. I just wish he'd show us he's alive a little more often and do a couple more updates.

Arrogance. Holy crap, everybody is full of themselves! You don't have to be RUDE to be competitive, I should be a decent example of that for coming from stupid little kid beginnings to what is hopefully a pretty respectable dude. Just try being NICE to people for a change, maybe you'll make a friend even! You've all got something on your minds that it's important to dominate others and I guess that's fine but there are decent ways to do it. It's especially more effective to coax someone "to your side" than it is to make them fear and hate you. That also runs you the chance of being cast out eventually. The power of communal relations is a good one, and personally I find it more fun to talk someone into doing something than to force them. I have some good stories here I'll share sometime soon.

Worse after better:

Debates. You all killed my baby, and it makes you sad. Eli and Kramer and Nathan and others and myself worked SO hard to bring this to fruition, and now it's just a joke. It really, really is. I need to bring this back to the glory it once was going to become and I need to do it fast. It'll help everyone think on a deeper level, it'll keep things more interesting, and it'll let YCM grow mentally as a community. I'm excited about it.

Graphics. We had a golden age going for a while back in the day. A golden. ****ing. Age. Once again, something that got murdered in a bloody flash of both arrogance and self-appreciation. You don't need a facade to be a good artist, and hating on others with fake commentary that doesn't actually say anything isn't a big help. We gotta go back to the days of like, 00Zags and Kigzmachine and my shop. That was AMAZING! Everybody got a whole lot better extremely quickly and it was just impressive and GREAT. Again, be nice to each other! Take a look at each piece of art, and consider the artist's perspective in your commentary. Appreciate it for what it is, and offer suggestions rather than flaws.

General. Your post quality sucks. Most of this is stuff nobody cares about or wants to talk about or isn't relevant. Please try and post interesting, funny stuff that people would actually talk about for once. I don't think it's that hard to ask, and if you need inspiration go to CNN or something. There's stuff all over the web that people buzz about!

[b]You mentioned an "overhaul" in the Debates section. What kind of overhaul? How would it improve Debates section?[/b]
Essentially, it would be the end of one-sentence debate posts. I'm hoping for a required structure and hopefully even tone to posts and more importantly topics, and it would lead to a lot of interesting ideas and conversations coming from people. Most importantly though, it would teach you all how to win fights against your parents. I'm a pro at that, trust me.

[b]As a relatively older and fairly famous member, what advice do you have to the newer members of YCM? Why?[/b]
Work hard. Be friendly. Think about everything you type before you post it, and ask yourself if it really is a good representation of who you are. The easiest way to get famous is to make things happen and start implementing some good ideas, but make sure you're doing things for all the right reasons and none of the wrong ones or you'll fail miserably. Don't spam. Don't flood. Don't be a [url="http://i.imgur.com/t1bL8.png"]Ragnarok[/url] and threaten people who out-argue you or annoy you. If you really want someone gone you've got to take care of it yourself and you can't force them. You have to give them a choice between leaving and staying, and you have to make it clear which one is in their best interest. I also suggest that you consider the individual values of those you do this to, because everyone has something to contribute and to ask someone to exclude themselves is not only mean but it's just a tad bit arrogant. There are times for this and there are times for not doing it, and being able to judge when certain actions are appropriate will take you far. Pay attention to others. Their habits and problems will be your ability to improve yourself. Don't regret anything. Regrets are a way to keep living in the past rather than embracing yourself and the choices you've made thus far and going forward into the future full speed ahead. When you get rich, buy a big boat and join a yacht club. Yacht clubs are like the clubhouses you had when you were kids, but with a whole lot more people who are all really bros at heart getting drunk once a week while eating delicious meat and potatoes and salad and telling dirty jokes and ****ing with each other.

And, most importantly, read everything.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Metallitard][b]What is your first name?[/b]
Jesse.

Waco, TX. Whoo Dr. Pepper and rednecks.

1 brother, Marco. He has an account here but he hardly uses it.

I honestly don't care. xD But I guess red.

Fawkin Lobster. I even eat some of the shell if it's in butter sauce.

Mountain Dew. [i]What a redneck.[/i] STFU.

I like baseball and tennis equally.

CHURROS. Ohmahgawsh those are f***ing amazing.

Dun watch TV.

LOL. I find Anime and Manga to be a stupid waste of time.

If I went back anywhere, I'd probably f*** something up, but if I had to go, I'd go back to Aztec Mexico. I've just always found that fascinating.

Sammy Sosa and Steve Martin.

Not fail.

Friend: Hey look at this joke card!
Me: That's f***ing stupid.
*gets on later that night*

Jesse rhymes with Smeshy, take off the y you get Smesh.
And I'm a Metallitard.

I wanted to win contests and schtuff.

Eh...General, Clubs, Polls, Music...Used to worship RC and CC but I realized I'm not that great at cardmaking. ._.

I dunno. Maybe FTW, Composer, or Starrk.

Make contests more enjoyable and lock topics that need locking. I'd try to be all MarbleZone-ish.

I'm fine knowing people off the internet. xD
Any of my friends really.

I want to make an archetype for RC sometime, but I never finish. Dx

Yeah, kinda sorta.

[s]leave[/s] Be remembered I guess.

[b]Being nominated for Contest mod is an honor on here. If you are made Mod, how would you improve the contest section and what do you hope to accomplish? What is your overall highest goal of being a Mod?[/b]
It was an unofficial nomination, and it probably won't happen for a long while or ever, because I really don't have a great knowledge of YGO and don't intend to learn.
But like I said, I would lock spammy contests, try to keep order, and post and stick contest events regularly.
If I were a Mod, my main goal would be to somehow improve 1v1's so the forum becomes more active, and just more fun.

[b]You mentioned "be remembered" as a goal for YCM. How do you plan on being remembered? Would you prefer to be remembered famously or infamously and why?[/b]
FOREVAR. Lol, nah, but just leave some sort of mark on YCM. If the mark I left is good, cool, if the mark I left was being a dumbass, haters gonna hate. xD

[b]As one of the more well known members of YCM, what advice do you have for new members that have recently joined or just joined? How do you think YCM has improved in your time here? How do you think YCM could improve?[/b]
Start out in RC, cause that's more than likely what most people sign up for. Take advice, ignore trolls, and get better. Then become more social.
Eh. It hasn't really improved or gotten worse imo.
If we had active admins that would just be great.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fusion X. Denver][b]What is your first name?[/b]
Tim

The cleanest place on Earth:
New Jersey

I have a sister 2 years younger than me.

Blue, red, mainly blue though.

Toss-up between pizza, ramen and chocolate.

Water. Soda can flow down the drain.
Lol, it's a pu-
*shot*

Yeah, I don't really do sports .-.
I like [u]watching[/u] baseball (surprise) and football though.

M&Ms

Fox's Animation Domination block and South Park is it really.
inb4youhavebadtastefusion

Toss-up between DBZ and Naruto
inb4uninterestingandoverratedtasteyouhavetherefusion

The 60's. I'd lol at my parents' younger selves and experience Woodstock hands-on.
Oh, and seeing movies for a quarter is beastly.

Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Jesse McCartney, 2004 Boston Red Sox (AND Johnny Pesky), Lionel Ritchie, apparently 3rd Phase (anyone remember that band? Me neither), possibly more.
Side note of interest: My dad's met more than triple that amount.

To become successful, mainly.
Get a good job.
Raise a close, loving family.
Live comfortably.
Turn my fanfic into something the general public would actually enjoy and publish it.

One day, I was at BlackSkullCortez's house (IRL friend on here) and I saw a Sonic YGO card on his laptop. I asked what was up with that and he showed me the cardmaker. After messing around with the cardmaker for a while, I posted some cards in Pop Culture and haven't left since.

At first, I was notdointhis16 (answer behind that is in my bio).
When I found out we could get name changes, I asked to be FusionXD. Fusion's one of my favorite words (thank you Fusion Dance) and the XD sounded cool (...noob logic is noob logic, but it worked for me >.>).
As for the "X. Denver", I went on Twitter one day, came up with "FusionXDenver" for a username, and gave up after 2 minutes. Then I made the change here.

To make cards.
And to talk to my friend Cortez, who never answers his cell phone, nor has a facebook.

General and FanFic. Pop Culture and Contests were on that list, but...yeah -_-

BlackSkullCortez.
Other close friends are Hayate Ayasaki, El Make (gone, never forgotten), Ultimate Assassin Ninjew, Zetsubou Black, and a ton of others.

I just want Reputation and My Content back, seriously.

I want to meet all of you because I love you ;D [/creeper]

Finish my fanfic, first of all. After that, I'll do random one-shots within that fic's continuity while developing a 2nd story to heavily invest my time in. After that, I'm working with Enzax Aito to make an awesome YMB3 for everyone to enjoy.
And of course, leave.

Just in General, might not even be that famous there either.

Form everlasting friendships (done for some already).
Leave a mark here? Nah, that's too [s]pathetic of a goal[/s] out of the question.
Leave.

[b]You talked about finishing your fan fic, entitled "Trio of DEF". How did you come up with the idea for it? How do you think it has changed since you first began? What do you hope to accomplish at the end of it?[/b]
One day, I was joking around with my friends DL (Hayate) and El in our club, Akatsuki of YCM. DL's fanfic or something of that nature was what we were discussing and we jokingly said there should be a fic of us. At some other point, someone said the three of us were like a trio, named DEF initializing our names. We then began to refer to ourselves as such for a short time and DL said when he finished his fic, he'd probably write that.
I basically gave into temptation and wrote 2 chapters because I felt like it. I posted them, and after receiving positive feedback, I continued it. A whole school year later, I'm in the midst of writing the final arc. Kinda funny how it randomly started when I think about it.
It changed a LOT. I originally wanted to do an "ordinary life" take to YCM, like a typical high school story or something along those lines. And then, when I made a decision to completely transform the story into something more action-oriented, the boundaries of reality were shattered and I found myself writing a story set amongst (don't highlight if you don't wanna be spoiled) [color="#FFFFFF"]a world dominated by an evil dictator and his legion of doom.[/color]
At the end of the fic, I want people to have enjoyed the story through and through. That's all I need.

[b]You mentioned the Reputation and My Content issues that have been the backbone to many threads about improving the forum. How has the removal of these affected you personally? How do you think it has affected the forum overall. Why would YCMaker remove them?[/b]
I have, in several places I think.
The removal's not staggeringly inconvenient, but it's inconvenient nonetheless.
First of all, I've received a few negs within the recent past. I have no idea why and have no means to find out how. What if I hurt someone's feelings or misunderstood a rule? I won't know and learn from it because I can't find it. Plus, there are noobs and noobish members who can abuse the neg system, I've seen one HEAVILY abuse it by negging my friend several times over in a thread by negging posts buried in the earlier pages where no one would look. Overall, I think it's made some people feel the same as me, everyone else doesn't care one bit. But I don't think I've ever seen anybody APPROVE the removal.
As for My Content, it's a vital problem in need of fixing. The vast majority of the website agrees this is a serious issue and it's been unresolved for months. Sure, we get along fine without it, but not bothering to fix a helpful convenience like that is pretty irritating since it can be easily fixed if YCMaker or FP sets aside some time and makes the fix.
And if it's NOT easy, they haven't told us that or even acknowledged the issue. I'm grateful to them for YCM and keeping the site going and stuff, but when the majority of the community is crying for changes, they need to be acknowledged at the very least.

[b]You have met a fair amount of celebrities already as it is. What did you think of them overall? Has meeting them inspired you at all? Why or why not? Who else would you like to meet and why?[/b]
Bon Jovi-Whole band are a bunch of nice guys. My Dad and Jovi go way back, he's a down-to-earth guy and I feel privileged to have met him. He and his band are really awesome musicians and deserve to be regarded amongst the greatest.
And swimming in his pool was cool too.
Def Leppard-Same as Bon Jovi, I got into their music after hearing them for the first time at one of their concerts. They were cool to talk to too.
Jesse McCartney-I met him back when he was in a boy band called Dream Street, don't know if anyone remembers them. He was like 14, kinda nice I guess. I only really remember Chris Truesdale though (the "leader"), he even called my little sister on her 6th birthday. They had a bad break-up, but the 5 were chill when I knew them.
2004 Red Sox-They were just cool. Got baseballs signed from most of the team. David Ortiz was friendly, my Dad actually got David Wells' cell number, Johnny Damon was cool before he became a traitorous jerk, Manny was alright too before he turned out like Damon, and Johnny Pesky was one of the coolest old geezers I've ever met. My Dad kept calling him Mr. Pesky and that it was an honor to meet him, he kept answering, "It's Johnny, it's Johnny!" xD
Third Phase-Don't remember them much, aside that they were nice to the adorable little 7 year old that despised loud noises backstage.
Lionel Ritchie-My Dad randomly took me to a radio station when we were driving home from MA to meet him. He was doing a recording session and when he was done, he came out and greeted me all friendly-like, I could tell he was genuinely interested in meeting me and was a good-hearted guy. I also feel privileged to have met him.
I guess they all inspired me by showing that it's possible to achieve stardom without turning into dickwads. And that reaching your dreams isn't impossible.
If I could meet anyone...I'd want to meet [s]Chuck Norris[/s] Seth McFarlane.
Why? Not just because he created the funniest show on TV (inb4familyguysucksandisn'tfunnybecauseitshumorisrepetitiveandimmatureandunoriginalandstupidandblabbityblah) but because of his talent in voice acting.
I've tried experimenting with voices a lot in my recent years, I think I have a decent Zapp Brannigan and Barney impression, I want to see what he would think and if he had any advice on that. Even if people hate his work, you can't deny he has talent.[/spoiler]

Alright, these are the currently finished Interviews that I can remember. Also, I have sent an invitation to YCMaker. Time will only tell for that one. Cheers everyone ^^ These will be put on the front page eventually.

lol hilarious-o as i predicted thecomposers interveiw entertained me.

on a side note i think it'd be awesome if this moved to the introductions section of the forum as a pinned topic
that way noobs can know what the user base is like, before falling into a deadly trap

yes-sir-ye-bob or no-ways-hose-ays?

[spoiler=List of people nominated]-.:Raging Man:.
-Mikhail Nekem'evič Tal
-The Way of the Garo
-.:Snowy:. (Skizo)
-NightWalker
-seattleite
-King.
-Darkplant
-Thor el Senor de los Aesir
-Catman (being covered by NightWalker)
-Death Metal
-Larxene
-JG
-Zalpyr
-Twosday (Sondance)
-Deathly Fiend of YMC
-Seta
-Hayate Ayasaki[/spoiler]

This is the current list of people nominated. I'd like you all to list the current top 5 you would like to see interviewed, and then after that I will choose based off of the nominations. If I don't interview you in the next round, you'll get another chance next time. You can also add new nominations as well separately.

[quote name='FTW (For The Wynn)' timestamp='1302771796' post='5137197']
[spoiler=List of people nominated]-.:Raging Man:.
-Mikhail Nekem'evič Tal
-The Way of the Garo
-MarbleZone
-Rarity
-.:Snowy:. (Skizo)
-.Kowalski
-NightWalker
-Frunk
-seattleite
-King.
-Darkplant
-Thor el Senor de los Aesir
-Rainbow Dash (Ice)
-Catman (being covered by NightWalker)
-Crystal Star
-Death Metal
-Larxene
-JG
-Zalpyr
-Anbu-of-Sand
-Twosday (Sondance)
-Deathly Fiend of YMC[/spoiler]

This is the current list of people nominated. I'd like you all to list the current top 5 you would like to see interviewed, and then after that I will choose based off of the nominations. If I don't interview you in the next round, you'll get another chance next time. You can also add new nominations as well separately.
[/quote]
Yays on me being nominated!!

[quote name='♪♫Crystal Star♫♪' timestamp='1302772982' post='5137213']
Holy s*** no wai. I was nominated? OMIGAWD
Anyway.... Lemme see....
I'd like to see interviewed;
[s]Myself[/s][b]Anbu-Of-Sand[/b]
Frunk
Larxene
Rarity
MarbleZone
[/quote]
<3

[s]Myself[/s]Crystal Star
Darkplant
.Kowalski
King.
Marblezone

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1302813901' post='5138327']
out of curiosity why isn't Odin doing it anymore for the posting interviews?
[/quote]

Probably doesn't have the time.

Enjoyed a few of those recent ones. Keep it up. I'd suggest a little more question variation, but I'm glad you're adapting upon the interviewee's answers. It keeps each one slightly fresh and different.

Archived