Bakuman

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I liked it. It's totally mimicking Death Note, but Death Note worked and it's still really, really popular despite its rather short length and it being completed some years ago.
What I don't get is Niizuma's idea. I mean, the concept [i]could[/i] be interesting, but the main character's design could be a lot better, I think. But he himself said he needed to flesh out his design, so I'm betting it'll be reworked. I'll set aside my doubts until then.
I think this'll be a cool arc.

[quote name='Legend Zero' timestamp='1318814634' post='5583032']I kinda liked the idea, but reminded me of Death Note too much.[/quote]

That's probably why I hate the protagonist that they're coming up with. Already I want to root for the white demon.

Am I the only one that thought that they went with this arc now because of Halloween? The "dark hero" idea was been thrown around for a while now, but Eiji's choice of a zombie protagonist struck me as suspicious. I honestly doubt that Eiji's new work will be an improvement over Crow, and I would rather seem more focus on him and Iwase working together on +Natural. With Ashirogi working on "Death Note With Demons", I'd like to see how they improve on the idea.

Still, this arc has potential, and looks like it will be more entertaining than the Nanamine arc, so I'll see what happens.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1318822032' post='5583353']I like this arc because [i]things are actually moving[/i].[/quote]

Azuki finally showed up again a few chapters ago. Now they just need to work on DNWD.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1322207493' post='5664282']
Akito's dub voice has a weird accent.

But it [i]works[/i].

First 7 dub episodes are on DubHappy, BTW.
[/quote]
I watched them yesterday after randomly checking. =3

I agree, Akito is the only one who sounds weird. Nizuma sounds very well done, and I heard Dang Green. <3

So Eiji made the rival the main character's brother, only to kill him off in the third chapter? I'm not sure if that's really that good of an idea.

Ashirogi's problem with cementing the plot as Schwarz vs. Weiss draws parallels to the conflict of Light and L, since there are those who consider Near an inferior rip-off of L, so Mashiro has a point that it's hard to figure out how long the story can last with just the two protagonists, although they could just follow Eiji's example and introduce a bigger villain. This would have the advantage of making Schwarz and Weiss become allies rather than rivals.

Archived